Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 418187888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

The Kentucky kid clarke just tweeted that he is still going to college

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    The Kentucky kid clarke just tweeted that he is still going to college
    Cal offered $501,000

The bottom response is from the CEO of the AAU program that Jalen played for Grassroots Sizzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Cal offered $501,000
    Hahaha. Nice

This is comforting!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Nice! So now it looks like Suggs wanted to go to GU so bad that he was willing to turn down $500k for this upcoming year.

Maybe he will sign today?

Guy from his AAu program also just tweeted that he will be a zag... fingers crossed

Kentucky basketball's top-rated 2020 signee has taken to Twitter to shoot down rumors he might be considering a direct jump to the professional ranks.

"BBN, don’t worry, my loyalty never changed," five-star guard Terrence Clarke tweeted Wednesday. "I’m here to stay. Can’t wait to get on campus and get to work and chase #9 with my brothers."

Clarke's comments came after multiple reports surfaced Tuesday evening that he was one of a handful of top high school prospects being pursued by the NBA's G League for six-figure contracts.

Last summer, the G League began offering select contracts’ worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are at least 18 years old but not year eligible for the NBA draft. NBA rules prohibit players from entering the draft until one year after their high school graduation.

Sources: G League emerging as appealing path for elite prospects

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ton-146074161/

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Thatís certainly possible. But letís put the responsibility where it truly belongs. The kid and his family played GU for half a year to fit their own ambitions. Period. Thatís life.
    Thatís a fact?
    Holy cow Jazz. There seems to be a fair bit of schadenfreude from all of these rumors for you. Maybe a bit premature?

Seems to be trending back the right way this morning. Maybe it was all nothing but that Weingarten deleted tweet was suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    That’s a fact?
    Holy cow Jazz. There seems to be a fair bit of schadenfreude from all of these rumors for you. Maybe a bit premature?
    Irrespective of if/when he signs, this drama will continue through the fall, imo.

The appropriate and highest-character social norm going forward would be:

If a recruit feels like he may play professionally and skip college, he never commits to any team, even a commitment with a caveat, ala Suggs. He should be forthright and honest in any non-public communications with the staffs, saying he's looking at pro teams, but maybe will go to school, with a relatively late decision timeline.

If/When (late in the recruiting cycle) a player has completely ruled out professional play, and has decided to "commit" (with an accurate understanding of the term) to a school, he does that knowing there will be fewer interested suitors and potentially less available playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    That’s a fact?
    Certainly would not call it schadenfreude, prefer perspicacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Sources: G League emerging as appealing path for elite prospects

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ton-146074161/
    If the G league starts money poaching highschoolers college basketball programs all over are going to have some pretty negative feelings and no avenues to combat it other than harsh words.

strategery.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    The appropriate and highest-character social norm going forward would be:

If a recruit feels like he may play professionally and skip college, he never commits to any team, even a commitment with a caveat, ala Suggs. He should be forthright and honest in any non-public communications with the staffs, saying he's looking at pro teams, but maybe will go to school, with a relatively late decision timeline.

If/When (late in the recruiting cycle) a player has completely ruled out professional play, and has decided to "commit" (with an accurate understanding of the term) to a school, he does that knowing there will be fewer interested suitors and potentially less available playing time.
    L, love your optimism in human nature. But character and grassroots basketball are leagues and leagues apart.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    strategery.
    Mission Accomplished...

It’s hard to argue with the board’s preeminent lexicomane, but 18 posts in the last 24 hours on this thread alone would suggest a little you are deriving a little pleasure at this (rumored but not confirmed) misfortune.

I mean I don't think it is a huge ethics issue especially since players are never under a binding legal contract to NCAA teams. They have to leverage what is best for them and I don't feel any sympathy for any college coach that plays the recruiting game and gets burned.

Caldwell please end the madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

According to the zag basketball offical Twitter, Jalen suggs signed his letter of intent. Sorry i don't know how to post a link

https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball

https://gozags.com/news/2020/4/15/me...uit-suggs.aspx

Gonzaga men's basketball head coach Mark Few announced the signing of Jalen Suggs to a National Letter of Intent Wednesday.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I'm with you.

Keep the updates, conjecture and vocabulary lessons coming everyone.