Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    SUGGS IS MINNESOTA'S FIRST EVER MR. FOOTBALL & MR. BASKETBALL!

https://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/ne...mr-basketball-
    Posted while I was typing! I wasn’t imagining it!

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    I can understand the desire to have a little fun, but not the best idea to cause me to have shortness of breath and near heart attack considering the time we are in - gotta keep those hospital resources open for the Covid patients

But I read somewhere (twitter probably, so could be wrong) that Jalen was the first MN athlete to be named mr football and mr basketball in the same year. I know I’m probably overhyping him and Ballo, but add them and the new faces to our core and I can’t wait for next season. Imagining Kispert dedicating the Title to his brothers who were robbed this year - also hoping to hear announcers saying “stop the fight. by gawd Gonzaga has broken [insert team] in half” in a WWE jim Ross voice.

I’m pretty much in solitary confinement most the day, so I gotta entertain myself somehow....
    I'm still hoping that the NCAA will give seniors the option of returning and scholarship totals will be adjusted accordingly...I really think that Woolridge would return and be the starting PG...IMO that would be a win-win...Coach Few would love to run both Suggs and Woolridge together at the same time...great learning experience for Suggs too

I can understand the desire to have a little fun, but not the best idea to cause me to have shortness of breath and near heart attack considering the time we are in - gotta keep those hospital resources open for the Covid patients

But I read somewhere (twitter probably, so could be wrong) that Jalen was the first MN athlete to be named mr football and mr basketball in the same year. I know I’m probably overhyping him and Ballo, but add them and the new faces to our core and I can’t wait for next season. Imagining Kispert dedicating the Title to his brothers who were robbed this year - also hoping to hear announcers saying “stop the fight. by gawd Gonzaga has broken [insert team] in half” in a WWE jim Ross voice.

I’m pretty much in solitary confinement most the day, so I gotta entertain myself somehow....
    It is pretty sad that COVID-19 has very similar symptoms to how I feel most March's anyways while watching the tournament. That is probably why they had to cancel it, but they just don't want to come out and say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I'm still hoping that the NCAA will give seniors the option of returning and scholarship totals will be adjusted accordingly...I really think that Woolridge would return and be the starting PG...IMO that would be a win-win...Coach Few would love to run both Suggs and Woolridge together at the same time...great learning experience for Suggs too
    As much as I love Woolridge, I don't see Suggs not being the starting PG and Ayayi starting at the other guard spot. IF they did something like that, can you imagine how loaded we would be. Honestly, we are going to be so loaded anyways, but dang we would be over the top!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    As much as I love Woolridge, I don't see Suggs not being the starting PG and Ayayi starting at the other guard spot. IF they did something like that, can you imagine how loaded we would be. Honestly, we are going to be so loaded anyways, but dang we would be over the top!
    Don't know how young you are but back in 1977, Al Mcguire's team had two teams and when he subbed one five came off and the other came on...drove other teams crazy...I think that is just how good we could be next year...

Don't know how young you are but back in 1977, Al Mcguire's team had two teams and when he subbed one five came off and the other came on...drove other teams crazy...I think that is just how good we could be next year...
    I wasn't even a thought in my parents mind in 1977, negative 6 years old to be exact, but I think we will have that kind of depth for sure!

It is pretty sad that COVID-19 has very similar symptoms to how I feel most March's anyways while watching the tournament. That is probably why they had to cancel it, but they just don't want to come out and say that.
    Dave Winfield was all American in at least two major sports.

Posted while I was typing! I wasn’t imagining it!
    Winfield earned a full baseball scholarship to the University of Minnesota in 1969, where he starred in baseball and basketball for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Winfield's 1972 Minnesota team won a Big Ten Conference basketball championship, the school's first sole outright championship in 53 years. During the 1972 season, he also was involved in a brawl when Minnesota played Ohio State.[4]

Winfield also played for the Alaska Goldpanners for two seasons (1971–72) and was the MVP in 1972. In 1973, he was named All-American and voted MVP of the College World Series

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I’ll take Jalen Suggs any day of the week as a better athlete. Better hand eye coordination, way more explosive, and starred in the 2 most athletic sports rather than baseball. Same goes for Joe Mauer. I’ll also take the run/pass threat QB over the statue QB. Again, purely talking about athletic talent.

Anyway, I’m glad Jazz finally chimed in with his typical negativity. Great pivot from “he’s not coming” to “well he might not even be the greatest athlete in the history of an entire state” now that he’s officially coming. I’m glad Jazz posted because I feel like Caldwell was hinting that he had something else juicy to share. Maybe something to further dispel Jazz’s assertions that all of the 5 stars we are going after are “pipe dreams”?

Drafted by MLB, NBA, ABA, and NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    I’ll take Jalen Suggs any day of the week as a better athlete. Better hand eye coordination, way more explosive, and starred in the 2 most athletic sports rather than baseball. Same goes for Joe Mauer. I’ll also take the run/pass threat QB over the statue QB. Again, purely talking about athletic talent.

Anyway, I’m glad Jazz finally chimed in with his typical negativity. Great pivot from “he’s not coming” to “well he might not even be the greatest athlete in the history of an entire state” now that he’s officially coming. I’m glad Jazz posted because I feel like Caldwell was hinting that he had something else juicy to share. Maybe something to further dispel Jazz’s assertions that all of the 5 stars we are going after are “pipe dreams”?
    Dave Winfield is in the hall of fame. I think that he was more athletic than you think that he was

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Dave Winfield is in the hall of fame. I think that he was more athletic than you think that he was
    I'm a big, "athletes are bigger faster stronger today than every before" guy but I understand that people are always going to like athletes from their generation more than any other.

Point is, Jalen is incredibly gifted, and having him be a Zag helps us immensely both next year and down the line as we recruit uber-athletic guards to be Zags, the coolest brand in college hoops.

Default Winfield

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I'm a big, "athletes are bigger faster stronger today than every before" guy but I understand that people are always going to like athletes from their generation more than any other.

Point is, Jalen is incredibly gifted, and having him be a Zag helps us immensely both next year and down the line as we recruit uber-athletic guards to be Zags, the coolest brand in college hoops.
    Generally i agree with today's athletes being ahead of ones in the past, but the hall of famers are outliers that, given the same nutrition, technology, and teaching of today's athletes would hold their own at least. My opinion anyway.
    Besides you nailed it and Dave Winfield was my first favorite player in any sport so im am definitely biased. Jalen could change my mind with a natty

The Zags haven't had a 5 star recruit as regular starter as a true freshman as of yet... Daye, Sabonis, Collins, Ballo

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    The Zags haven't had a 5 star recruit as regular starter as a true freshman as of yet... Daye, Sabonis, Collins, Ballo
    Daye was a 5 star? Ballo? Sabonis? Not sure about that. I remember Collins was a 5 on some, 4 on others. Composite around 30 I believe, at least that’s how I remember it. Maybe a little better but never considered a one and done before the season.

Suggs is a consensus top 10 guy. I believe his range is about 6-12. Point being that he is easily Gonzaga’s highest rated recruit by a fair margin (until next year?)

I will wager with anyone on this board that he will be Gonzaga’s starting pg next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Daye was a 5 star? Ballo? Sabonis? Not sure about that. I remember Collins was a 5 on some, 4 on others. Composite around 30 I believe, at least that’s how I remember it. Maybe a little better but never considered a one and done before the season.

Suggs is a consensus top 10 guy. I believe his range is about 6-12. Point being that he is easily Gonzaga’s highest rated recruit by a fair margin (until next year?)

I will wager with anyone on this board that he will be Gonzaga’s starting pg next year.
    as of now, suggs is basically coming in with zero competition for the pg spot...so even without the 5 stars, he's the starter by default.

OT ..I have a couple of his rookie cards.

Dave Winfield was one heck of a baseball player...and he hated Seagulls

WTH!!!! I was praising the great Winny -- well, except for the Behagen, Musselman, Luke Witte mugging involvement. Nothing about Suggs AT ALL.

Dave Winfield was one heck of a baseball player...and he hated Seagulls
    Rats of the air. Or is that pigeons? Maybe it can be both. I had only seen Winfield later in his career and didn't know that he was such an athlete. I respect any baseball player because hitting a MLB pitching has to be one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion. Although, getting a shot off against an NBA'er is equally impossible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Rats of the air. Or is that pigeons? Maybe it can be both. I had only seen Winfield later in his career and didn't know that he was such an athlete. I respect any baseball player because hitting a MLB pitching has to be one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion. Although, getting a shot off against an NBA'er is equally impossible for me.
    Beast, you'd have a hard time getting a shot off against the pigeon

Beast, you'd have a hard time getting a shot off against the pigeon
    Doomed by short arms, slow release, and very little elevation on my jump shot. I might have more luck flapping my arms to fly.

Nothing about Suggs AT ALL.
    That’s my point. Your post comes right after Caldwell saying every time he checks this thread it’s either negative or off topic.

If Suggs does what I think he will, the topic of conversation will turn to “is he the greatest Zag of all time?”

Let’s bridge the gap from now until then with hype and hope. He’s worthy of it more than any recruit we’ve ever had.

That’s my point. Your post comes right after Caldwell saying every time he checks this thread it’s either negative or off topic.

If Suggs does what I think he will, the topic of conversation will turn to “is he the greatest Zag of all time?”

Let’s bridge the gap from now until then with hype and hope. He’s worthy of it more than any recruit we’ve ever had.
    Again, no connection intended. I am a Yanks fan and live in SD, and always liked Winny. Cept when he was mugging with Musselman. I share your excitement on Suggsy and, not to be too negative, no way now he plays in Australia or China any time soon. Let's hope he -- and all others -- play here soon. And that he will join the Minny pantheon of great sports stars.