• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OZZY
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Don't they speak English in Australia?
    Actually we speak "straaaaalian" down here!

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Crossing my fingers for tacos tonight.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
        Kennel Club
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        Chet and Paolo will be burger boys. Bittle will be a burger boy, Christie will be a burger boy, Silva will be fringe, Watson fringe, Sallis fringe, Collins fringe, Gregg low fringe I doubt he makes it without huge AAU season, and Perry (commit) fringe. Of those names I think we land 3-4 of them plus other names will pop up this spring. If we land 3-4 we will get 3 burger boys.
        Can you do a ranking again, based on where things stand today, on the most to least likely to become a Zag?

I appreciate all of your insight!

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Spike#1 View Post
          HATE is a pretty strong word, doesn't even apply here.

Bogo - Did Jazz make that statement? Yes or No?

If the content in the Whelping Box is so unsettling to him, then why does he keep coming back to torture himself. If Jazz can call anyone else out, with all the "content" he spews, certainly you can't jump me for simply asking why he didn't do what he said he was going to do? I didn't ask Jazz to leave, understand that. Crazy for you to look at me as the problem.

Cannabis Corner, my a$$! Whelping Box is new and is my favorite part of this forum. We have people that are willing to SHARE, not charge for, SHARE valuable and interesting information about possible recruits on a level we've never had before.
          And I love it and value it! The existence of the Whelping Box was in jeopardy after barely starting up because of the negative comments and retorts by some on this forum. I do not want to loose it, and I'm very confident there are many others that feel the same way as I do. It may not take too much for some of our valued posters to stop posting. They may just say, "Screw it, Why do I even try?" and never post again. Look around Bogo, there are many, many, can't even count how many regular posters that were here even 4 or 5 years ago that no longer post. Much less going back to the old Scout days, long before this was moved to the Spokesman platform. There's a reason for that, and it's not too hard to figure out. While the culture on the GU Board may be one of the best in the nation, the culture in here sure has changed in a negative way over the past couple of years. And by golly, the number of active and valued posters seems to be going down in direct reflection to the culture of the board. Can't you see that?

My opinion.
          Jazz has been Jazz since I’ve been on this board. I take his comments as well as others with a grain of salt.

If you disagree with him then state that and if you don’t get satisfaction then move on BUT it appears that many on this site would rather argue a point that has no bearing on whether “the sun will rise tomorrow!”

As I have said many times, use the ignore button...that is what I do when I start hearing all the BS on the news...just turn the channel and move on...

He will not change and so many on here expect him to change...

This is just a board about a men’s basketball program...nothing more just basketball and as fanatics, we come here to “learn/read” the latest on OUR team.

I disagree that JAZZ is the reason many have left or do not post any longer on this board...

Sorry but this is my take/understanding of the constant battles with JAZZ...that “IGNORE BUTTON” is pretty handy and just think of all the stress you will lose...

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

So you are saying you do not agree with the rest of us ---not a problem....grain of salt.

We can agree to disagree and move on.

Lets get back to Suggs-- next Thursday the AA roster is released---- looking forward to it.

Comment

• Zaga
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Jazz has been Jazz since I’ve been on this board.
              +1

Comment

• strikenowhere
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
                Can you do a ranking again, based on where things stand today, on the most to least likely to become a Zag?

I appreciate all of your insight!
                I second this!

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                  So you are saying you do not agree with the rest of us ---not a problem....grain of salt.

We can agree to disagree and move on.

Lets get back to Suggs-- next Thursday the AA roster is released---- looking forward to it.
                  You don't speak for the " rest of us"...and certainly not for me.....I read nearly every post and I enjoy Jazz and others that I don't always agree with..

I don't mean to equate the two but I also enjoyed Spy.....I miss him and I hope he is doing well because Gonzaga Basketball appeared to be very important to him.....

I have more trouble with those that think Gonzaga is the center of the basketball world and no one else is worthy of comparison..... and feel the need to belittle or mock the competition …….and constantly whine about any criticism or imagined slight.......…… Jazz is clever, even funny...…..they are just mean spirited and insecure...eager to find offense where there is none intended....

I am eager to see this remarkable young man play for Gonzaga as he appears to be the real deal...
                  Last edited by bartruff1; 01-16-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                    Crossing my fingers for tacos tonight.

It was hash.............
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• OZZY
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

Both La Melo and RJ Hampton have has recent injury concerns and Ball has now pulled the pin for the rest of the year. Some sources say that RJ is most likely going to do the same as his team (like La Melo's) is not in playoff NBL contention.

It's one thing to play against college players, but playing against professionals in a far away place does have its drawbacks (wear and tear being one).

College seems like a much more enjoyable experience...

Comment

• ZagBlue
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                        Both La Melo and RJ Hampton have has recent injury concerns and Ball has now pulled the pin for the rest of the year. Some sources say that RJ is most likely going to do the same as his team (like La Melo's) is not in playoff NBL contention.

It's one thing to play against college players, but playing against professionals in a far away place does have its drawbacks (wear and tear being one).

College seems like a much more enjoyable experience...
                        Funny: as I mentioned on this board or to some board members months ago.... an owner or Hanpton’s Australian team told me, “if we want to win, RJ can’t be on the court much.” We’ll i guess they didn’t win!

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
                          Funny: as I mentioned on this board or to some board members months ago.... an owner or Hanpton’s Australian team told me, “if we want to win, RJ can’t be on the court much.” We’ll i guess they didn’t win!
                          I said when he went it was a mistake. I think his Stock has definitely plummeted and would be alot high if he went to Kansas. Kansas was/is in a scandal when he committed but stil turned out to be the wrong move

Comment

• GuZag2012
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Jul 2012

Caldwellzag, in the last week on 247 Suggs has had two crystal balls for pro including one today from Jerry Meyer. Is there anything that you're aware of that may have led to these predictions and is it something to be concerned with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Malastein
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GuZag2012 View Post
                              Caldwellzag, in the last week on 247 Suggs has had two crystal balls for pro including one today from Jerry Meyer. Is there anything that you're aware of that may have led to these predictions and is it something to be concerned with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I’m not worried at all right now. I believe that Suggs will be a Zag!
                              The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

I just think these guys are hoping he goes pro. They don't want the Zags joining the land of the big boys. They want the big schools to dominate, they don't want a small school having a better program than schools in the big 5 conference. There is more money to be made by the big schools winning the ncaa tournament than a school like the Zags, Dayton, or Butler winning the tournament. If they didn't they would not let Higgins ref the game last year with texas tech. Higgins is a regular big 12 ref, and he is not going to let a big 12 school loose if he can help it. I bet texas tech commited at least 30 fouls in that game that were not called. That is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X