Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1252

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    While he "while he didn't get paid last year at Duke. That's a good one, lol.
    Allegedly.

His step-father was caught on tape asking Kansas for $125,000, so the story goes, and he went to duke to play for free. Do you actually believe this ? Well I don't.

He got paid more by playing for Duke

I just don't see an influx of high schoolers playing overseas. Remember how everyone was saying that Brandon Jennings was going to cause a "revolution." Again, the NCAA final four and many games during the NCAA tournament are watched by more people than any NBA game the entire season...including the finals. The exposure does nothing but increase the endorsement value of the players. NBA fans get to see the kids play at American colleges. They just aren't a number on a recruiting chart. They receive first rate coaching and instruction by people who are best able to teach the game to them when they often enter college not knowing what a down screen is. Scouts are more easily able to see them play in games that really matter to people.

Of course when/if the age limit goes away, your only chance to see Zion at Duke will be if he's visiting an uncle in Durham and you see him withdrawing money at a local ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    His step-father was caught on tape asking Kansas for $125,000, so the story goes, and he went to duke to play for free. Do you actually believe this ? Well I don't.
    I was saying he allegedly went to Duke for free as sarcasm. My point was more that he made way more money in endorsements going forward by spending a year at Duke than he ever would have made in 1 year overseas. Most top recruits know college is the best option for them to get to the NBA, that's why only a small few each year take the professional overseas option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    You forget that Duke investigated the zion situation, and Duke decided that Duke did nothing wrong. Seems legit. Duke says so

Does the NBA care at all about what goes on in the NCAA? Until there are consequences at the NBA level, nothing in the NCAA is going to improve.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Does the NBA care at all about what goes on in the NCAA? Until there are consequences at the NBA level, nothing in the NCAA is going to improve.
    Why would the the NBA care whatsoever what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    You forget that Duke investigated the zion situation, and Duke decided that Duke did nothing wrong. Seems legit. Duke says so
    This is my favorite post of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    He got paid more by playing for Duke

I just don't see an influx of high schoolers playing overseas. Remember how everyone was saying that Brandon Jennings was going to cause a "revolution." Again, the NCAA final four and many games during the NCAA tournament are watched by more people than any NBA game the entire season...including the finals. The exposure does nothing but increase the endorsement value of the players. NBA fans get to see the kids play at American colleges. They just aren't a number on a recruiting chart. They receive first rate coaching and instruction by people who are best able to teach the game to them when they often enter college not knowing what a down screen is. Scouts are more easily able to see them play in games that really matter to people.

Of course when/if the age limit goes away, your only chance to see Zion at Duke will be if he's visiting an uncle in Durham and you see him withdrawing money at a local ATM.
    Those contemplating playing overseas should have a conversation with Zach Collins and/or Domantas Sabonis. They catapulted themselves into a lottery pick with one great game in the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Those contemplating playing overseas should have a conversation with Zach Collins and/or Domantas Sabonis. They catapulted themselves into a lottery pick with one great game in the NCAA tournament.
    Not saying those games didn't help, but the NBA knew the potential of those two regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Not saying those games didn't help, but the NBA knew the potential of those two regardless.
    As I recall Poetl was drafted ahead of Domas anyway, despite that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    As I recall Poetl was drafted ahead of Domas anyway, despite that game.
    He was, how'd that work out for the Raptors/Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I mean, the Raptors won the title, so not too terribly?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Sure, I'd take Sabonis over Poetl every time. I thought that back then too. My point is pro scouts aren't putting much stock in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Oh I forgot, duke said he didn't get paid so that means there is nothing here cause duke says so. Besides the ncaa took it out on BYU and Pacific, so duke is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I mean, the Raptors won the title, so not too terribly?
    Not with Poetl on the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will be honest I have thought about making my own pay-for site and giving out the information on a secure browser and donating the profits back to GU for education scholarships.
    Sign me up!!
    Big Gulps huh?

What is the record for page views on recruit? Suggs 188,000 and counting...oh my

Another crystal ball for GU, 8 out of 8: https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

Really? Cause I heard football...

So does anyone know when this Minnesota high school football all star game is taking place? Or when they announce the roster? Hoping for some good news around that time...

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Another crystal ball for GU, 8 out of 8: https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    Using your link, I'm only seeing 7 predictions out of 8 listed. They are all Gonzaga and I think that this is pretty much expected by most.

Using your link, I'm only seeing 7 predictions out of 8 listed. They are all Gonzaga and I think that this is pretty much expected by most.
    Hmm, yeah, I counted Brian Snow at the top, but maybe he hasn't picked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    So does anyone know when this Minnesota high school football all star game is taking place? Or when they announce the roster? Hoping for some good news around that time...
    The game is December 7. Not sure if the roster has been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    The game is December 7. Not sure if the roster has been announced yet.
    Rosters haven't been announced yet...typically they are announced the 1st or 2nd week of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk