Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1292

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by White lightning; 10-03-2019 at 02:51 AM.

New (10/2) 247 Sports Crystal Ball prediction for Suggs to Zags. This weekend can't get here soon enough:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    Welcome to Zagdom

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglezag View Post
    New (10/2) 247 Sports Crystal Ball prediction for Suggs to Zags. This weekend can't get here soon enough:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    Why does this have him as a three star? Is that his football ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Why does this have him as a three star? Is that his football ranking?
    Yes

ESPN actually mentions Suggs visit to GU.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...cruits-weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    ESPN actually mentions Suggs visit to GU.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...cruits-weekend

Suggs has had a fairly quiet recruitment in recent months.....He'll return to Spokane this weekend, and the Bulldogs are considered heavy favorites. There have been some whispers that Suggs could also explore his professional options overseas, but if he goes to college, Gonzaga is the favorite......

Put the pipe down Jazzy, or at least try not to inhale. You're getting close to the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Put the pipe down Jazzy, or at least try not to inhale. You're getting close to the edge...
    Jazz is fine....he is simply reminding …...or calling attention...….. to a post to that effect by Milehigh….

I believe Mile is very well informed and a source of reliable information....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Jazz is fine....he is simply reminding …...or calling attention...….. to a post to that effect by Milehigh….

I believe Mile is very well informed and a source of reliable information....
    I think Jazz pulled all the relevant quotes from the article. Just wanted to add ESPN is 80% confident he goes to GU with Minnesota as the only other college option. Hope we find out this weekend.

I politely disagree. Jazz has been a complete naysayer with anything regarding the recruitment of Suggs since the very beginning. Almost to the point that the Zags have no chance at Suggs whatsoever, and that we might as well just give up. Often criticizing Caldwell whenever Caldwell had anything positive to say about Suggs and his possible gaining interest in the Zags. Jazz has been strong in his conviction that GU has no chance at Suggs, or any other top 10 kids for as long has he has been on this board.

But alas, now the the colors have changed on Jazz's coat. Now, that it truly looks as if Suggs might commit to the Zags, and possibly bring his buddy, the #2 ranked recruit in the nation with him, somehow Jazz has changed his tune, proudly proclaiming that GU is now the favorite. It would have been nice to hear Jazz say, "Huh, I was wrong" rather than now proclaiming it as if he knew it all along.

How long Jazz stays on the bandwagon is anyone's guess. I'm sure that once the season get started, Jazz will find someone on the team to direct and focus his unwarranted criticism toward.

I just think it would be great if Jazz could put all of his nitpicking aside, and become a true fan of the Zags, through good and bad, and enjoy this incredible ride that we as fans have been privileged and blessed to somehow be a part of.

It is CRAZY, absolutely crazy to think about where the GU program is today if you go back to the days 1990's teams of Brown, Goss, Rillie, Dench. Those were the guys that really started this, and when that team in 1995 made GU's first NCAA Tournament, there is no one in the world, much less ANYONE on this board that would have predicted that GU would end up a 10 ten team year in and year out. Nobody.

Enjoy it Jazz! GU has got something going, that the others can only dream about! And you know what? It's only going to get better!

Here's to a commitment from both Suggs AND Holmgren this weekend!

GO ZAGS!

But alas, now the the colors have changed on Jazz's coat. Now, that it truly looks as if Suggs might commit to the Zags, and possibly bring his buddy, the #2 ranked recruit in the nation with him, somehow Jazz has changed his tune, proudly proclaiming that GU is now the favorite.
    I think in this specific instance Jazz was just quoting directly from the ESPN+ article, not stating his own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    I think in this specific instance Jazz was just quoting directly from the ESPN+ article, not stating his own opinion.
    Thank you.

I just think it would be great if Jazz could put all of his nitpicking aside, and become a true fan of the Zags, through good and bad, and enjoy this incredible ride that we as fans have been privileged and blessed to somehow be a part of.
    GO ZAGS!
    Sorry, please do not question Jazz's love for the Zags.... been here awhile myself and regardless of his posts he is 100% a true Zag fan...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Big, good point, I don't know Jazz, and I'm in no place to question his 'love' for the Zags. That being said, my statement still hold true without that comment:

I just think it would be great if Jazz could put all of his nitpicking aside and enjoy this incredible ride.

I do stand by make overall point. Jazz has been nothing but negative regarding Suggs' recruitment, ad nauseam, now his tune has changed. Nothing to debate about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Sorry, please do not question Jazz's love for the Zags.... been here awhile myself and regardless of his posts he is 100% a true Zag fan...

Go!! Zags!!!
    +1

Big, good point, I don't know Jazz, and I'm in no place to question his 'love' for the Zags. That being said, my statement still hold true without that comment:

I just think it would be great if Jazz could put all of his nitpicking aside and enjoy this incredible ride.

I do stand by make overall point. Jazz has been nothing but negative regarding Suggs' recruitment, ad nauseam, now his tune has changed. Nothing to debate about that.
    Some people drink the kool aid and others don’t...Jazz doesn’t need me to come to his aid but Suggs hasn’t committed and has three options that I see: sign and attend GU; play college football or go play pro ball, so I can see his skepticism BUT never think he isn’t a Zag fan through and through...also, if you don’t like his posts you can always put him on ignore

I joined this board in 2007 mainly because I was interested in following recruiting news and this place seemed like a great place to keep up to date. What I have found over the years is the hot recruits we hear about when the staff starts in on a new class usually aren't around by the time that class arrives on campus with one or two occasional exceptions or big scores. Yet the staff often comes up with better recruits than the ones we were salivating over at the time. My point being, it doesn't bother me that certain people tend to be skeptical about this hot recruit or that hot recruit because I am generally reserving judgment until they sign myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    I joined this board in 2007 mainly because I was interested in following recruiting news and this place seemed like a great place to keep up to date. What I have found over the years is the hot recruits we hear about when the staff starts in on a new class usually aren't around by the time that class arrives on campus with one or two occasional exceptions or big scores. Yet the staff often comes up with better recruits than the ones we were salivating over at the time. My point being, it doesn't bother me that certain people tend to be skeptical about this hot recruit or that hot recruit because I am generally reserving judgment until they sign myself.
    Jazz has always been a passionate ZAG fan. I've always respected (not always agreed with) his input to the GU fan forums.

Jaz is a true ZAG. He always brings different points of views and is "sometimes" very negative. But that does not mean he is not a ZAG. He is making people think.

Appreciate his thoughts. Didn’t care for the way he mischaracterized Caldwell’s post and then criticized it. That was the issue, folks.

Small change to be overlooked
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Appreciate his thoughts. Didn’t care for the way he mischaracterized Caldwell’s post and then criticized it. That was the issue, folks.

Isn’t it pretty much a consensus that Caldwell is a reliable source of information? Who cares what Jazz posts...quit giving it life.

Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnOGU View Post
    Isn’t it pretty much a consensus that Caldwell is a reliable source of information? Who cares what Jazz posts...quit giving it life.
    This is the most important post I’ve read on this forum in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    This is the most important post I’ve read on this forum in a long time
    And yours is at the other end of the spectrum.