Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1296

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    So Kessler won’t be coming to Kraziness?
    He'll be there unless he commits in the coming days. Things change very quickly in the recruiting world.

Caldwell has implied multiple times today he’s not expecting Kessler to make the trip. While disappointing, making a good impression on Chet and sealing the deal with Suggs would make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Caldwell has implied multiple times today he’s not expecting Kessler to make the trip. While disappointing, making a good impression on Chet and sealing the deal with Suggs would make up for that.
    Can't speak to what Caldy is talking about, but the word on the street was Powell had a good visit with him last week (the assistant responsible for drawing his attention) and he hasn't cancelled his UNC visit which would indicate he will be following through on on his schedule visits if he has decided on Duke already.

Why is this in the Suggs thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Can't speak to what Caldy is talking about, but the word on the street was Powell had a good visit with him last week (the assistant responsible for drawing his attention) and he hasn't cancelled his UNC visit which would indicate he will be following through on on his schedule visits if he has decided on Duke already.
    Powell's visit was a different kind of visit. I am not going to speak for Kessler but I think we will have four recruits at Kraziness

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Also word on the street and word from a horse's mouth sometimes are different. Not saying what you are hearing is bad info just old info.

Mutual thing? Or did we kind of figure we probably weren’t his pick?

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Mutual thing? Or did we kind of figure we probably weren’t his pick?
    Distance cannot be changed from GA to Spokane. Don't get me wrong we LOVE Walker and hope maybe things change but highly highly unlikely at this point.

Jalen takes a hard facemask......

https://twitter.com/MREZsports/statu...54564197539840

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Hope he was ejected and received some form of suspension!! He ripped that helmet off once Suggs was already down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    What a stupid game.

And the guy fell down, untouched... trying to act like he got retaliated against, or something. Classless... or he has narcolepsy.

I wonder if Suggs saw the clip of Buffalo QB Allen getting drilled by the Patriots...

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    And the guy fell down, untouched... trying to act like he got retaliated against, or something. Classless... or he has narcolepsy.

I wonder if Suggs saw the clip of Buffalo QB Allen getting drilled by the Patriots...
    That is unconscionable. That guy needs to not be playing..

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That is unconscionable. That guy needs to not be playing..

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Vonteze Burfict school of dirty plays plus soccer school of flopping

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What a stupid game.
    I think the game will be changing dramatically in the next 10-20 years...too much TBI...

It would seem that we have laws controlling DUI's and the selling of cigarettes because these are life threatening...Yes MONEY...just think it has to start with "Pop Warner" and then High School...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I think the game will be changing dramatically in the next 10-20 years...too much TBI...

It would seem that we have laws controlling DUI's and the selling of cigarettes because these are life threatening...Yes MONEY...just think it has to start with "Pop Warner" and then High School...JMHO
    Maybe. But Think of all the impaired lives over the next 20 years. Do something now.

I actually boxed in high school ( I know that explains a lot) and Gonzaga had a National Championship team with Carl Maxey....and now I don't think there is any Prep or College Boxing......but football and the money it generates will be difficult to stop...…

On a sad...... but perhaps related note....Carl committed suicide in his early 70s....he had a brilliant career and everyone was shocked at his death.... I believe there is a bust of him at Gonzaga...

None of my potential heirs plays football......IMO real football is a much better game for them..... and even then I wish they would not head the ball..

I'll say that I played high school football and I really did love it. I also used to follow the NFL pretty closely and college football a little bit. Nowadays, I watch the Super Bowl and a little college football here and there, but rarely if ever watch a full game.

Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned football is dangerous for all and not worth the risk. I have 3 sons, 10 to 14 years of age, and although they haven't asked to play, if they did I would tell them no.

I've seen and experienced much worse on the field than what happened to Suggs. I had 2 diagnosed concussions in my playing days and likely a few more that were not diagnosed. The worst experience was probably when an opposing player decided to swing at my head, punch style, with his forearm and knocked me unconscious.

Obviously, we have all seen and heard the news of a variety of horrific accidents, even deaths, as a result of the violent nature of American Football. I'm with Bart, I much prefer Futbol for my kids.

Good friend of ours son plays football on a local club team -- just got knocked out this Saturday in a game (to go with an ongoing knee injury)---- he is 12 years old.

My son is in the process of recovering from a bad sprain where a young man slide tackled him playing soccer a number of weeks back --- he is 13 yrs old.

Injuries happen in sports -- but some sports have more injuries than others.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Maybe. But Think of all the impaired lives over the next 20 years. Do something now.
    I am not opposed to doing something now BUT the owners and players can't see the forest from the trees...that money is just blinding some of them...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I'll say that I played high school football and I really did love it. I also used to follow the NFL pretty closely and college football a little bit. Nowadays, I watch the Super Bowl and a little college football here and there, but rarely if ever watch a full game.

Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned football is dangerous for all and not worth the risk. I have 3 sons, 10 to 14 years of age, and although they haven't asked to play, if they did I would tell them no.

I've seen and experienced much worse on the field than what happened to Suggs. I had 2 diagnosed concussions in my playing days and likely a few more that were not diagnosed. The worst experience was probably when an opposing player decided to swing at my head, punch style, with his forearm and knocked me unconscious.

Obviously, we have all seen and heard the news of a variety of horrific accidents, even deaths, as a result of the violent nature of American Football. I'm with Bart, I much prefer Futbol for my kids.
    During "Football" season, I was at the Lake Friday preparing to place my bets on Saturday's college games and then Saturday for Sunday's NFL games...lost interest in the game of football because of my betting I guess but very seldom watch a game...except when the Patriots are in the Super Bowl...I'd rather see a good movie or play golf...

I love to watch futbol and just wish they would disallow headers...TBI in the waiting...

I played soccer in hs and college, and on club teams until I was 29. I believe it contributes to diminished cognitive function. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't play the game.

https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/...e-9d0faa1cb2a7
    This krem report showed up on Twitter tonight.