Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.
    Let's goooooo!!!!!

I have been waiting for this message for a long time. I also know my level of excitement about this message will not be dulled even the smallest amount by a poster that literally has zero insight into Gonzaga recruiting.

There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.
    Wow talk about a prediction!! Jazz is never gonna let this one go if Suggs slips. That being said I completely agree.

"Suggs who is actually an outstanding football player as well tells me he is “Strictly focused on football” as of now. He does want to take some visits though when he finds some time. “I want to get back to Gonzaga, want to get to Florida, and Iowa State too”."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/08/20/j...ball-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    "Suggs who is actually an outstanding football player as well tells me he is “Strictly focused on football” as of now. He does want to take some visits though when he finds some time. “I want to get back to Gonzaga, want to get to Florida, and Iowa State too”."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/08/20/j...ball-and-more/
    Hmmm....where did Florida come from? That's new...

We already lost Nembhard to Florida, not Suggs too...

I mentioned Iowa St as a dark horse a few months ago, some of the local Minnesota guys were convinced it would be one of the Iowa schools as both offered him both sports to play.

I won't share the exact quote but the Minnesota Gophers insiders on their 247 site basically said late last week Suggs is a lock to Gonzaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hearing the same as Caldwell. Nothing else need be said in this post.

I think it was the Great Yogi that said....it ain't over till it is over......

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Can I add Suggs was moved up to 6th in ESPN's 100 and was mentioned as having a great summer today.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    It's interesting that everyone who has any sort of source is sure Suggs is coming to GU, and the people who continue to doubt are those who have nothing to go on other than their own feelings.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    It's interesting that everyone who has any sort of source is sure Suggs is coming to GU, and the people who continue to doubt are those who have nothing to go on other than their own feelings.
    In many ways, I’ve found, that’s a microcosm of life. The loudest are not often the wisest. Ironically, they have strong opinions about most things.

Wow talk about a prediction!! Jazz is never gonna let this one go if Suggs slips. That being said I completely agree.
    After Suggs’ GU comment, if history is any indicator, Jazz will just move on unaffected to his next piss pot.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Skepticism has its place in the Whelping Box and based on the way that Suggs has led his mysterious and unorthodox recruiting people should be. Here are some big reasons to be skeptical

-Several months ago Suggs released a unofficial (which was taken to be some what official by the bloggers) short list that included Gonzaga, Miss St, Marquette, and Minnesota. Now recently the 4 schools that are being mentioned with Suggs are Gonzaga, Iowa St., Minnesota, and out of nowhere Florida. This is very uncharacteristic for a recruit to radically change his short list this much.
    -Florida has come on late to Gonzaga recruits and got them before.
    -Suggs gave a tentative date of early August of when he was going to commit back during the FIBA tournament. Now the official word is he will commit when he feels ready.
    -Suggs is a dual sport athlete who has yet to officially announce if he is giving up a sport or pursuing both.
    -Suggs has only taken one official visit (Gonzaga feb 9) and is still hesitant to make a decision without other official visits lined up.

Ultimately I think that Suggs in Gonzaga's recruit to lose, but I know several people that are close to the staff that are more nervous then they were 2 months ago. They are obviously optimistic on our chances but suggs isn't a done deal till he commits.

I believe I have found a market here for my Greenland Waterfront Condo Project....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I believe I have found a market here for my Greenland Waterfront Condo Project....
    Just have to wait for Trump to finish his Greenland purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Sign me up for anything on the ground floor, bart.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Just have to wait for Trump to finish his Greenland purchase.
    Glacier-front property is increasingly hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It’s in liquidation .....
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    It’s in liquidation .....
    I see what you did there

Cool Pretty Encouraging News!

Thanks, Caldwell. Feeling very good about Suggs.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Yes, i’ve noticed that too...just seems to be melting away

Florida State has offered 2020 5-Star CG Jalen Suggs, and 2021 5-Star C Chet Holmgren. Very late offer from Florida State.

Florida State has offered 2020 5-Star CG Jalen Suggs, and 2021 5-Star C Chet Holmgren. Very late offer from Florida State.
    So much for everyone knowing it's a done deal and staying away. Would they be a team that would let him play both sports?

JMHO... coming in a bit late isn't a good look... I mean it can work if you are Duke/Kentucky/Kansas... but the reality is that many top level kids like to see the commitment a coach has to them before they commit.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    So much for everyone knowing it's a done deal and staying away. Would they be a team that would let him play both sports?

Seems to me you can't play both in this age, unless basketball is sort of a post-season hobby. If you go to a serious fb school, you're committed to fb until Christmas or New Year, and the bb team is around 11 weeks through the season, and you have to be integrated as a new player. I suppose a basketball coach would go through that aggravation if a player is good enough, but it would certainly be a headache, and it seems like for most players it would take most or all of January to get up to basketball speed.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Seems to me you can't play both in this age, unless basketball is sort of a post-season hobby. If you go to a serious fb school, you're committed to fb until Christmas or New Year, and the bb team is around 11 weeks through the season, and you have to be integrated as a new player. I suppose a basketball coach would go through that aggravation if a player is good enough, but it would certainly be a headache, and it seems like for most players it would take most or all of January to get up to basketball speed.
    He's also not a high enough rated QB to play at FSU. FSU is usually able to draw top 5 star level QB's to there football program. Jalen would be good enough to start at a place like Iowa and Iowa St.