Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Have to believe Few is pushing hard for an official visit for Suggs.

I'd think the staff would take FOUR guards in 2020, ie, Zach Harvey + Above 3. It's likely pie in the sky, but........
    100% agree with everything you said there Bob. I do know they want Harvey in 2019, but will take him in 2020 as well.

With the weekend off GU is going to be in to see Suggs. Sounds like we are putting the full court press on his recruiting right now.

2020 class as priorities stand Harris, Strawther, and Suggs. Don't be surprised if that is the class and maybe Ballo/Harvey if they are not eligible in 2019.

Just to confirm Few and Lloyd were in to see Jalen this weekend. He is a top priority at this point.

cool pic from twitter

curious what Coaches say to counter the argument faced by every 4 & 5 start recruit...Love your program facilities coaches BUT don't think its in my best interest to play every conference game against weaker talent ....I wanna challenge myself more with P5 competition.

any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    New Prague? My goodness.
    Hop, skip and a jump away from Heidelberg.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    curious what Coaches say to counter the argument faced by every 4 & 5 start recruit...Love your program facilities coaches BUT don't think its in my best interest to play every conference game against weaker talent ....I wanna challenge myself more with P5 competition.

any guesses?
    'How interested are you in playing for a National Championship?'

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    'How interested are you in playing for a National Championship?'

Oh, and 'Let us show you the Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Rony Turiaf pictures on our NBA wall of Fame.'

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Oh, and 'Let us show you the Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Rony Turiaf pictures on our NBA wall of Fame.'

That's not super impressive if you're competing against the Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky types for a recruit. They have many many more pictures on their NBA walls of fame.

and probably the reason we lost Brandon to AZ is the 72 players on the walls of the Wildcats. )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._the_NBA_draft

At this point in the world of college basketball we are a better program than Arizona and we are right up there with Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky. Recruits look at what you are currently doing, not what you were doing 5 to 10 years ago. We are putting guys in the NBA left and right, we are competing deep into the tournament every year, and we have stability in the program. People want to come to GU and it is an honor to receive an offer from us compared to some other schools who throw 50 offers out and hope to land 1.

You get to play with other NBA type of players. You will play in one of the toughest non conference schedules in the country. You will play in one the premier pre season tournys. Every one of your games will be televised. Over half will be on ESPN network. During conf play you can work on individual skills that have been identified during the non conference season, also get a good chance to pad your stats for the scouts. Almost guaranteed to play deep into the NCAA tourny and get even more exposure.

Let's just get him. He's really good. An excellent athlete. And smart. With Strawther and Harris and Suggs, it'd be a class superior to Pangos and Bell.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    You get to play with other NBA type of players. You will play in one of the toughest non conference schedules in the country. You will play in one the premier pre season tournys. Every one of your games will be televised. Over half will be on ESPN network. During conf play you can work on individual skills that have been identified during the non conference season, also get a good chance to pad your stats for the scouts. Almost guaranteed to play deep into the NCAA tourny and get even more exposure.
    this...only in the wcc do you get the opportunity to work on things during the season that at a p4* school you would have to work on in the offseason. that goes for the coaching staff too...few has the luxury to experiment in roughly 2/3rds of wcc games. also works out great for integrating guys coming back from injury (or the rare mid-season transfer)

1st round picks the last 5 years.
    Gonzaga 2
    Villanova 4
    Kansas 4
    North Carolina 4
    Arizona 5
    Michigan St 5
    Duke 12
    Kentucky 13
    GU is competing well on the court but they're not getting players to the NBA like other schools. Duke and Kentucky get a lot of the one and dones, but we're still behind all of these schools plus several other schools i didnt include on this list for NBA draft picks. GU is getting the best players to fit there system but to think we can just walk in and say look at our NBA track record compared to other schools and get players is not realistic. Somebody posted this last year but there was like 40 schools that had as many current NBA players as GU.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Gonzaga 2
    Villanova 4
    Kansas 4
    North Carolina 4
    Arizona 5
    Michigan St 5
    Duke 12
    Kentucky 13
    GU is competing well on the court but they're not getting players to the NBA like other schools. Duke and Kentucky get a lot of the one and dones, but we're still behind all of these schools plus several other schools i didnt include on this list for NBA draft picks. GU is getting the best players to fit there system but to think we can just walk in and say look at our NBA track record compared to other schools and get players is not realistic. Somebody posted this last year but there was like 40 schools that had as many current NBA players as GU.
    Our number will look much better in the next cpl years.
    America's Team!

Gonzaga 2
    Villanova 4
    Kansas 4
    North Carolina 4
    Arizona 5
    Michigan St 5
    Duke 12
    Kentucky 13
    I can't disagree with you, but we are just now feeling the affects of our NC run, look at next years recruiting class it is loaded with potential first round picks. Plus BC and Rui this year. We are catching up and recruits see it too.

Suggs would bring an elite guard to the program that would have potential be a 1st round pick in 2-3 years, if not one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Our number will look much better in the next cpl years.
    I too feel like GU is on the rise as far as NBA type talent. I like that we win with good players and good people who for the most part stay until graduation. I'd rather have a bunch of 4 stars who stick around than a few one and dones every year who are just there for 4 months to play ball. Kids are napping so I had some time:
    55 colleges have had players drafted in last 5 years
    22 have had at least 2 drafted
    13 have had 3 or more drafted including NCAA juggernauts UW, Utah, and Texas.
    NBA talent is really spread and can come from anywhere. Players drafted every year who were not top 100 out of high school. Love GU's mix of locals, kids from all over the US, foreign guys, and transfers.

Gonzaga 2
    Villanova 4
    Kansas 4
    North Carolina 4
    Arizona 5
    Michigan St 5
    Duke 12
    Kentucky 13
    Gonzaga should double that number after this year's draft. Could potentially triple it by the end of next year's draft.

I too feel like GU is on the rise as far as NBA type talent. I like that we win with good players and good people who for the most part stay until graduation. I'd rather have a bunch of 4 stars who stick around than a few one and dones every year who are just there for 4 months to play ball. Kids are napping so I had some time:
    55 colleges have had players drafted in last 5 years
    22 have had at least 2 drafted
    13 have had 3 or more drafted including NCAA juggernauts UW, Utah, and Texas.
    NBA talent is really spread and can come from anywhere. Players drafted every year who were not top 100 out of high school. Love GU's mix of locals, kids from all over the US, foreign guys, and transfers.
    Good info! I like where our recruitment of Suggs sits right now and if he decides to play Basketball only, we are in a great spot.

Default Guard Jalen Suggs to visit

Guard Jalen Suggs will visit Feb. 9-10.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-128492911/
    Last edited by zag buddy; 01-30-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Guard Jalen Suggs will visit Feb. 9-10.
    https://webmail.centurylink.net/mail#1
    You sent wrong link lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    It says he scheduled an unofficial visit to Gonzaga then says in the next paragraph it's his first official visit. Anybody know which it is, I like official visits better.

It says he scheduled an unofficial visit to Gonzaga then says in the next paragraph it's his first official visit. Anybody know which it is, I like official visits better.
    Can't be an "official" until his senior year.