Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

After football season?! Is he referring to women’s World Cup, or...

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Sounds like December. Long time.

Doubt he'll rain on the Gophers parade until he has to.... my gut tells me he will commit to GU before the end of the summer... or maybe I'm just hungry...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Announce after football season doesn't make me feel real good. That would likely make him a Spring signee which is not the best scenario. Then again, who knows what he is really thinking. I don't buy for a second that he still has 5 or 6 schools in the running. Is he playing football this year in HS? If so, maybe he wants to see how that goes before fully committing to basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Announce after football season doesn't make me feel real good. That would likely make him a Spring signee which is not the best scenario. Then again, who knows what he is really thinking. I don't buy for a second that he still has 5 or 6 schools in the running. Is he playing football this year in HS? If so, maybe he wants to see how that goes before fully committing to basketball.
    Let's hope he doesn't go the route of the Osweiler.

All-Metro Sports Awards Male Athlete of the Year: Jalen Suggs, Minnehaha Academy

http://www.startribune.com/all-metro...emy/511814242/

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Sounds like December. Long time.
    Mine was a failed attempt at humor...

Still wriggling, IMHO. Or at best, playing poker. I love roquefort.
    Maybe he is still thinking about football.

I am not understanding the "I would say it would have to be gonzaga" line. What was the question? As written it seems out of place. Did they ask him about a favorite? did they forget the part where he said "if i were to name a favorite"? regardless, if anyone follows recruiting, naming one school as the frontrunner is not commonplace. This is very transparent from a recruit and proves we are in a very good position. Very few times does a recruit come out and say "if i were to choose today, it would be ____" or "if there is a favorite its ___". Usually its always, my top 3 are ______ or i am looking at X,Y,Z. To name just one seems telling. That is why i am interested to reading the full context of what was actually said.

FWIW I don't think the Osweiler comp holds much water, for the simple reason that BO (wouldn't you love to have those initials) wasn't ever gonna play in the NBA, while Suggs projects to be a first rounder, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    FWIW I don't think the Osweiler comp holds much water, for the simple reason that BO (wouldn't you love to have those initials) wasn't ever gonna play in the NBA, while Suggs projects to be a first rounder, most likely.
    not that your post needs correction, but he's currently expected to be a *one-and-done* first rounder. he actually mentioned in one of the interviews that the path to the NBA is not only assumed for him, but likely to be shorter than the 3 years he'd have to spend in college before going to the NFL. even if all else were equal, that seems like it could be a meaningful factor in his decision making...

agree that the osweiler comp is not likely to be illustrative here.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    not that your post needs correction, but he's currently expected to be a *one-and-done* first rounder. he actually mentioned in one of the interviews that the path to the NBA is not only assumed for him, but likely to be shorter than the 3 years he'd have to spend in college before going to the NFL. even if all else were equal, that seems like it could be a meaningful factor in his decision making...

agree that the osweiler comp is not likely to be illustrative here.
    Flirting with a football injury seems so unnecessary. I’m fairly certain NFL guys in general jealous of the contracts NBA guys get. The heart wants what the heart wants, but the smart answer in my view is to commit to basketball.

Flirting with a football injury seems so unnecessary. I’m fairly certain NFL guys in general jealous of the contracts NBA guys get. The heart wants what the heart wants, but the smart answer in my view is to commit to basketball.
    The comp is that we had a high level recruit decide to pursue football at the last minute. Yeah, the talent disparity is pretty significant. But I'll say this: There is no allure in any sport as that of a big time QB. I don't know what his football prospects would be, but hypothetically, if a Saban or Dabo Swinney came knocking with a QB slot to offer, it would be hard to say no.

I'm still sticking with Caldwell on his prediction. I only mentioned the Osw comp as a football draw reference. It wasn't meant to insinuate he might be reconsidering basketball for football. For all I know Suggs could only be a DII QB.

Suggs is a solid D-I QB, Ohio State is on him. That said he knows football and basketball are a dream, and he knows basketball is his path to pro sports the fastest and the most money in his career. Suggs will be a Zag!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Suggs is a solid D-I QB, Ohio State is on him. That said he knows football and basketball are a dream, and he knows basketball is his path to pro sports the fastest and the most money in his career. Suggs will be a Zag!
    Agree, yet still convinced he is hoping, waiting, wishing Duke offers and/or something happens with one of Duke'a current PG recruits.

He was interviewed in early 2018 stating Duke was his dream school, and mentioning Duke all last summer during AAU play.

For whatever reason, they didnt offer, as Jalen did have one of his worst performances while Coach K attended one of his games.

IF Duke does not come a knockin, then I feel Zag Nation will be a rockin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Even if that was a courtesy laugh, I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Agree, yet still convinced he is hoping, waiting, wishing Duke offers and/or something happens with one of Duke'a current PG recruits.

He was interviewed in early 2018 stating Duke was his dream school, and mentioning Duke all last summer during AAU play.

For whatever reason, they didnt offer, as Jalen did have one of his worst performances while Coach K attended one of his games.

I think it's his dream School but I also think he is smart enough to know GU will set him up for his future better than any program. Plus he is a very loyal person, hints Minnesota in his top 3 that he list Everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

Dook may be his dream school but it’s hard to believe that another Uber blue blood couldn’t scoop him up at the last hour.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think it's his dream School but I also think he is smart enough to know GU will set him up for his future better than any program. Plus he is a very loyal person, hints Minnesota in his top 3 that he list Everytime

How can GU do a better job than Dook? C’mon Caldy, that’s hard to swallow.

Look what he walks into with talent around him, all the bigs is a PGs dream come true.

Not recruit over him?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Not recruit over him?
    Good pt. But the notion that Dook wont have comparable bigs is incorrect, IMO.

Good pt. But the notion that Dook wont have comparable bigs is incorrect, IMO.
    When is the last time Duke had a good big? Plumlee?

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    When is the last time Duke had a good big? Plumlee?
    Zion Williamson
    Marvin Bagley
    Wendel Carter
    Okafer
    Parker
    Plumlee

They've had one season probably without a big man of some sort that wasn't pretty dang good.