Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 766

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Apparently you can never be too thin, too rich or have too many combo guards.
    Touché.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not sure too many combo guards is a thing. I thought last we'd heard that there'd been some cooling on Harvey, not so much on the coaching side, but on the administration side, but it's always hard to verify what truth there might be to such rumors.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    When are you gonna #ZagUp, Jalen Suggs?!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    When are you gonna #ZagUp, Jalen Suggs?!
    Since it has been quiet on the boards regarding Jalen, I tried to do some other research for hints on timing.

    caldwellzag said he wouldn't be surprised if Jalen committed before the June evaluation period. That doesn't necessarily mean he was thinking May, as I looked up the recruiting calendar, and the next available evaluation period is June 13-14 if Jalen is in the NBPA Top 100 Camp (which I'm not sure if he is or isn't). After that, there are also communication periods the weekend of June 21-23 and June 28-30.

    So maybe Jalen will commit before mid-June? If he wants to talk to the coaches again before committing, we would have to wait a couple more weeks.

    One date to throw out there just for fun: Jalen's birthday is June 3. Maybe he wants to commit to Gonzaga on his birthday like his buddy Julian did in April?

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,563

    Smile

    Jalen committing on his birthday (June 3) is a really interesting idea. June starts tomorrow. Won't have long to see whether you've hit upon something, Hooray.


    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Jalen committing on his birthday (June 3) is a really interesting idea. June starts tomorrow. Won't have long to see whether you've hit upon something, Hooray.


    :]
    My gut is telling me that's a pretty big day for Jalen.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    My gut is telling me that's a pretty big day for Jalen.
    Just to build upon my own sourceless theory, maybe the reason caldwellzag was so convinced Jalen would commit before Julian was because he simply had their birthdates mixed up. If he knew they both wanted to commit on their birthdays, that's one of the only reasons I can think of why he would be so confident of not only their decisions, but the order they would make their decisions.

  8. #508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Just to build upon my own sourceless theory, maybe the reason caldwellzag was so convinced Jalen would commit before Julian was because he simply had their birthdates mixed up. If he knew they both wanted to commit on their birthdays, that's one of the only reasons I can think of why he would be so confident of not only their decisions, but the order they would make their decisions.
    Doubt he commits tomorrow.... didn't announce anything about him committing.. and most top guys announce it before they do it.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    6,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I hope he has a wonderful day with family and friends and lots of cake and ice cream and of course presents!

    Maybe today is the day, he announces the date in which he will make his announcement on which small, southeastern Washington state private university he will attend
    Southeast college? Is he going to Whitman or walls walls?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,991

    Default

    Boys under 7 and over 70 are up early.....

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,871

    Default

    ✞ Julian Strawther ✞


    @JulianStrawther
    Following Following @JulianStrawther
    More
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHR @JALENSUGGS2020 ZAGS FANS TURN HIM UPPPPPP !!! WE NEED HIM


    Jalen Suggs


    @JalenSuggs2020
    Following Following @JalenSuggs2020
    More Jalen Suggs Retweeted ✞ Julian Strawther ✞
    Love my boy✊��❤️

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,818

    Default

    That tweet is neither here nor there.

  13. #513
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That tweet is neither here nor there.
    Your post is neither here nor there as well...

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That tweet is neither here nor there.
    But it does exist. Saw it myself.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    527

    Default

    I have no dog in this "will he or won't he" fight, and generally find the whole recruiting/self-promoting and AAU side of "amateur" basketball to be the most disliked aspect of fandom for a college sports team.

    But as a new-ish and reluctant user of social media who wrote a comment of encouragement, I will include one screenshot here - the first/solitary "like" of my comment was made about 2 minutes after I wrote it. Hard not to take this as encouraging. I think Suggs has a good head on his shoulders and wish him well regardless of where he plays ball for a year or two before the NBA.


  16. #516
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I have no dog in this "will he or won't he" fight, and generally find the whole recruiting/self-promoting and AAU side of "amateur" basketball to be the most disliked aspect of fandom for a college sports team.

    But as a new-ish and reluctant user of social media who wrote a comment of encouragement, I will include one screenshot here - the first/solitary "like" of my comment was made about 2 minutes after I wrote it. Hard not to take this as encouraging. I think Suggs has a good head on his shoulders and wish him well regardless of where he plays ball for a year or two before the NBA.

    Well I like that you like that he liked it.

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    Well I like that you like that he liked it.
    that's all that sustains me through the offseason...

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    Well I like that you like that he liked it.
    +1

  19. #519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I have no dog in this "will he or won't he" fight, and generally find the whole recruiting/self-promoting and AAU side of "amateur" basketball to be the most disliked aspect of fandom for a college sports team.

    But as a new-ish and reluctant user of social media who wrote a comment of encouragement, I will include one screenshot here - the first/solitary "like" of my comment was made about 2 minutes after I wrote it. Hard not to take this as encouraging. I think Suggs has a good head on his shoulders and wish him well regardless of where he plays ball for a year or two before the NBA.

    He likes a lot of comments with Zag mentions, but on IG he also likes every comment, including mentioning florida or any other schools. Basically with this kid now, i am tired of looking for signs.. all signs have pointed towards us and yet we have no commitment. Until he verbals, I am done stalking high schoolers twitter and IG looking for "signs"

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    He likes a lot of comments with Zag mentions, but on IG he also likes every comment, including mentioning florida or any other schools. Basically with this kid now, i am tired of looking for signs.. all signs have pointed towards us and yet we have no commitment. Until he verbals, I am done stalking high schoolers twitter and IG looking for "signs"
    With you, Life. Hope we’re not headed for Brandon 2.0.

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    527

    Default

    I wonder if Few ever follows Beilein and goes to the NBA when the recruiting sleeZe and theatrics become too much for him.

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I wonder if Few ever follows Beilein and goes to the NBA when the recruiting sleeZe and theatrics become too much for him.
    I doubt it....but it must be the very worse aspect of college basketball....

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I wonder if Few ever follows Beilein and goes to the NBA when the recruiting sleeZe and theatrics become too much for him.
    If he’s not going to Duke, Indiana, Oregon etc, he ain’t going to NBA.
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    If he’s not going to Duke, Indiana, Oregon etc, he ain’t going to NBA.
    It’s been awhile (perhaps a decade or so) that Few mentioned to a few of us that he was intrigued with the NBA and could see himself coaching there.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    It’s been awhile (perhaps a decade or so) that Few mentioned to a few of us that he was intrigued with the NBA and could see himself coaching there.
    Don't think so. I love Few, but an NBA coach he is not. Egos, contracts, control-freak GM's oh my!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •