Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Apparently you can never be too thin, too rich or have too many combo guards.
    Touché.

Yeah, I'm not sure too many combo guards is a thing. I thought last we'd heard that there'd been some cooling on Harvey, not so much on the coaching side, but on the administration side, but it's always hard to verify what truth there might be to such rumors.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

When are you gonna #ZagUp, Jalen Suggs?!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    When are you gonna #ZagUp, Jalen Suggs?!
    Since it has been quiet on the boards regarding Jalen, I tried to do some other research for hints on timing.

caldwellzag said he wouldn't be surprised if Jalen committed before the June evaluation period. That doesn't necessarily mean he was thinking May, as I looked up the recruiting calendar, and the next available evaluation period is June 13-14 if Jalen is in the NBPA Top 100 Camp (which I'm not sure if he is or isn't). After that, there are also communication periods the weekend of June 21-23 and June 28-30.

So maybe Jalen will commit before mid-June? If he wants to talk to the coaches again before committing, we would have to wait a couple more weeks.

One date to throw out there just for fun: Jalen's birthday is June 3. Maybe he wants to commit to Gonzaga on his birthday like his buddy Julian did in April?

Smile

Jalen committing on his birthday (June 3) is a really interesting idea. June starts tomorrow. Won't have long to see whether you've hit upon something, Hooray.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Jalen committing on his birthday (June 3) is a really interesting idea. June starts tomorrow. Won't have long to see whether you've hit upon something, Hooray.

:]
    My gut is telling me that's a pretty big day for Jalen.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    My gut is telling me that's a pretty big day for Jalen.
    Just to build upon my own sourceless theory, maybe the reason caldwellzag was so convinced Jalen would commit before Julian was because he simply had their birthdates mixed up. If he knew they both wanted to commit on their birthdays, that's one of the only reasons I can think of why he would be so confident of not only their decisions, but the order they would make their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Just to build upon my own sourceless theory, maybe the reason caldwellzag was so convinced Jalen would commit before Julian was because he simply had their birthdates mixed up. If he knew they both wanted to commit on their birthdays, that's one of the only reasons I can think of why he would be so confident of not only their decisions, but the order they would make their decisions.
    Doubt he commits tomorrow.... didn't announce anything about him committing.. and most top guys announce it before they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I hope he has a wonderful day with family and friends and lots of cake and ice cream and of course presents!

Maybe today is the day, he announces the date in which he will make his announcement on which small, southeastern Washington state private university he will attend
    Southeast college? Is he going to Whitman or walls walls?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Boys under 7 and over 70 are up early.....

✞ Julian Strawther ✞

@JulianStrawther
    Following Following @JulianStrawther
    More
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHR @JALENSUGGS2020 ZAGS FANS TURN HIM UPPPPPP !!! WE NEED HIM

Jalen Suggs

@JalenSuggs2020
    Following Following @JalenSuggs2020
    More Jalen Suggs Retweeted ✞ Julian Strawther ✞
    Love my boy✊��❤️

That tweet is neither here nor there.

Your post is neither here nor there as well...

But it does exist. Saw it myself.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I have no dog in this "will he or won't he" fight, and generally find the whole recruiting/self-promoting and AAU side of "amateur" basketball to be the most disliked aspect of fandom for a college sports team.

But as a new-ish and reluctant user of social media who wrote a comment of encouragement, I will include one screenshot here - the first/solitary "like" of my comment was made about 2 minutes after I wrote it. Hard not to take this as encouraging. I think Suggs has a good head on his shoulders and wish him well regardless of where he plays ball for a year or two before the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I have no dog in this "will he or won't he" fight, and generally find the whole recruiting/self-promoting and AAU side of "amateur" basketball to be the most disliked aspect of fandom for a college sports team.

But as a new-ish and reluctant user of social media who wrote a comment of encouragement, I will include one screenshot here - the first/solitary "like" of my comment was made about 2 minutes after I wrote it. Hard not to take this as encouraging. I think Suggs has a good head on his shoulders and wish him well regardless of where he plays ball for a year or two before the NBA.

Well I like that you like that he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    that's all that sustains me through the offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    +1

He likes a lot of comments with Zag mentions, but on IG he also likes every comment, including mentioning florida or any other schools. Basically with this kid now, i am tired of looking for signs.. all signs have pointed towards us and yet we have no commitment. Until he verbals, I am done stalking high schoolers twitter and IG looking for "signs"

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    He likes a lot of comments with Zag mentions, but on IG he also likes every comment, including mentioning florida or any other schools. Basically with this kid now, i am tired of looking for signs.. all signs have pointed towards us and yet we have no commitment. Until he verbals, I am done stalking high schoolers twitter and IG looking for "signs"
    With you, Life. Hope we’re not headed for Brandon 2.0.

I wonder if Few ever follows Beilein and goes to the NBA when the recruiting sleeZe and theatrics become too much for him.

I wonder if Few ever follows Beilein and goes to the NBA when the recruiting sleeZe and theatrics become too much for him.
    I doubt it....but it must be the very worse aspect of college basketball....

If he’s not going to Duke, Indiana, Oregon etc, he ain’t going to NBA.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    If he’s not going to Duke, Indiana, Oregon etc, he ain’t going to NBA.
    It’s been awhile (perhaps a decade or so) that Few mentioned to a few of us that he was intrigued with the NBA and could see himself coaching there.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    It’s been awhile (perhaps a decade or so) that Few mentioned to a few of us that he was intrigued with the NBA and could see himself coaching there.
    Don't think so. I love Few, but an NBA coach he is not. Egos, contracts, control-freak GM's oh my!