Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 591

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Nice recent interview with Suggs in here, but no specific answer to the "when question:"

    https://kstp.com/sports/minnehaha-ja...phers/5360139/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Nice recent interview with Suggs in here, but no specific answer to the "when question:"

    https://kstp.com/sports/minnehaha-ja...phers/5360139/
    Fantastic update, thank you!

    A quote at the 3:25 mark from Jalen Suggs when talking about how he preps for football amidst all of his basketball development: "Bring the pigskin out one last year."

    That has to be a good sign for us!

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    I like that he mentions that Minnesota is working hard recruiting and wishes them luck-- gets to spend some time with his good friend since he is going to Minnesota -- but it sounds like he does not expect to join him.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Dom Harris is still working at it:
    Naturally, the versatility in the backcourt, and the fact Gonzaga plays with multiple guards who can handle the ball, is a big selling point for Harris and his last remaining target in the 2020 class.

    “Those guys are my brothers,” he said of 2020 commit Julian Strawther, and 2020 target, Jalen Suggs. “We talk every day. I feel like Jalen would be a great fit for us and would top off the 2020 class. If he does commit, all I can say is, we would be a tricky trio to deal with.”



    (He also says that he has played PG during his career until recently. I know some see him as a combo guard but if Suggs doesn’t come he seems like the front runner at PG.)

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ass-132220138/

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Dom Harris is still working at it:
    Naturally, the versatility in the backcourt, and the fact Gonzaga plays with multiple guards who can handle the ball, is a big selling point for Harris and his last remaining target in the 2020 class.

    “Those guys are my brothers,” he said of 2020 commit Julian Strawther, and 2020 target, Jalen Suggs. “We talk every day. I feel like Jalen would be a great fit for us and would top off the 2020 class. If he does commit, all I can say is, we would be a tricky trio to deal with.”



    (He also says that he has played PG during his career until recently. I know some see him as a combo guard but if Suggs doesn’t come he seems like the front runner at PG.)

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ass-132220138/

    Just not feeling it.....Time is our adversary.....

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Just not feeling it.....Time is our adversary.....
    Hoping you are wrong here like you’ve been in the past about a few other recent recruits!

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Hoping you are wrong here like you’ve been in the past about a few other recent recruits!
    I'm sticking with the ghost of Caldwell on this one. He was pretty sure and he's been pretty solid on his predictions. Maybe Suggs already committed to the coaches and that's why we aren't burning up the internet with other 2020 guards as of late. One can hope.

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Hoping you are wrong here like you’ve been in the past about a few other recent recruits!
    I’m with you on that.

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I’m with you on that.
    for what it's worth, the latest real news on suggs was that crystal ball and article (with suggs interview) that was linked here from the premium site two weeks ago. the existence of both are known, and i'll quote cdc here:
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Josh Gershon is the guy who made the crystal ball pick for Gonzaga today. He is the west coast recruiting guru for 247sports. He's been at this a long time, and has a very good rep.
    i will also point out that JG was the author of the article and made the prediction after interviewing suggs in person.

    i hope and believe that i am not betraying the other board by adding two more bits of general information:
    1) overall i'd describe the insiders on the $ site to be at least as optimistic about our chances with suggs as caldwell was, at least after his suggs before strawther prediction failed to pan out.
    2) there is no information i have seen, for $ or otherwise, that indicates that it is either a surprise or worrisome that he hasn't made or announced a decision yet, or that things have gone south since the last caldwell update.

    additionally, there's the free knowledge that duke was our major concern in terms of having a blue blood parachute in and snatch him, but they got their 2020 pg recently with roach.

    anyway, please let me know if posting this here seems out-of-bounds to anyone-- but i wanted to re-introduce some of the best available data to the conversation before some posters' arbitrary internal clocks start getting people worried.

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    for what it's worth, the latest real news on suggs was that crystal ball and article (with suggs interview) that was linked here from the premium site two weeks ago. the existence of both are known, and i'll quote cdc here:
    i will also point out that JG was the author of the article and made the prediction after interviewing suggs in person.

    i hope and believe that i am not betraying the other board by adding two more bits of general information:
    1) overall i'd describe the insiders on the $ site to be at least as optimistic about our chances with suggs as caldwell was, at least after his suggs before strawther prediction failed to pan out.
    2) there is no information i have seen, for $ or otherwise, that indicates that it is either a surprise or worrisome that he hasn't made or announced a decision yet, or that things have gone south since the last caldwell update.

    additionally, there's the free knowledge that duke was our major concern in terms of having a blue blood parachute in and snatch him, but they got their 2020 pg recently with roach.

    anyway, please let me know if posting this here seems out-of-bounds to anyone-- but i wanted to re-introduce some of the best available data to the conversation before some posters' arbitrary internal clocks start getting people worried.
    Great post Soccerdud and none of the above seems out of bounds to me. Further, your sentiments are spot on from what I am hearing. Nothing seems to have changed with Suggs from those updates you referenced a few weeks ago. The only discernible difference since then is for the better as Duke did get their pg for 2020. I don’t have the same timeline insight as Caldwell seemed to have but I am comfortable saying that we are still in a good spot here.

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Great post Soccerdud and none of the above seems out of bounds to me. Further, your sentiments are spot on from what I am hearing. Nothing seems to have changed with Suggs from those updates you referenced a few weeks ago. The only discernible difference since then is for the better as Duke did get their pg for 2020. I don’t have the same timeline insight as Caldwell seemed to have but I am comfortable saying that we are still in a good spot here.
    thanks, zagblue-- and appreciate the update. new info is way better than trying to extrapolate from old info

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Here is another game from April--- he looks good.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6v5oshJco

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Here is another game from April--- he looks good.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6v5oshJco
    Also really enjoy watching#12 Chet Holmgren(2021 offer)...When he fills out, could be unstoppable, plus blocks everything in sight...It appears that if he put on 20 lbs. he still would be under 170 lbs.

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    When Matt Bouldin visited GU, he was probably one of the 2 or 3 highest ranked players Gonzaga had ever brought on campus. The old scout.com had him as the #1 rated shooting guard in the west. When he visited GU and didn't verbal immediately, a lot of posters started to really panic (including me). But still, several months later Bouldin did the expected. He verbaled to Gonzaga. Patience is hard, I know. Hopefully Strawther and Harris will keep after Suggs.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    Suggs REALLY is a completing piece. I'm sure he's bright enough to know Dom and Strawther didn't chose wrong. Chet is a skinny kid but he looks really good as well. Timing on his blocks is very good. Skilled kid.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Here is another game from April--- he looks good.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6v5oshJco
    - wow! I knew jalen had to be good, given his ratings and whatnot, but this full single game highlight left my jaw hanging.
    - I counted 6 steals, many for breakaway baskets, and 3 spot on alley oop passes.
    - I'm getting excited.

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    Suggs had 29 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds, and 6 steals in that game. It should also be noted that Suggs' teammate Chet Holmgren had a huge weekend for Sizzle. In this game the 6'11 16 year old finished with 17 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Wow...I had not watched any highlights of Suggs until this game video. He is the real deal and a game changer if he comes on board. Was I correct in assuming that Holmgren was #12? If so, that kid has a ton of talent himself. With a couple years of physical growth and adding strength, he's going to be a load to deal with...he's already skilled as is.

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Interesting prospect predictions from Scout's Raheem Johnson. Check out what he predicts for Suggs, Nix and Harvey:

    http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2019/...cruiting-news/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Interesting prospect predictions from Scout's Raheem Johnson. Check out what he predicts for Suggs, Nix and Harvey:

    http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2019/...cruiting-news/
    I had forgotten about Zach Harvey.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    Amazing if we could get those two! FF quality!

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,539

    Default

    Link not working for me. Any way to help?
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I had forgotten about Zach Harvey.
    Harvey just doesn’t make sense to me. We’re already bordering on too many combo guards. I’ll beli this one when it happens.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Harvey just doesn’t make sense to me. We’re already bordering on too many combo guards. I’ll beli this one when it happens.
    Apparently you can never be too thin, too rich or have too many combo guards.

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    WOW! If he's right that would be a heck of a class...

    Could it be that Coach Few misses GU being called "Guard U?"

    Fingers are crossed, bedtime prayers having been said, anything else we need to do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •