Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Inside the kennel seems to think we have no shot at Carlson.

As a Minnesotan & Zag grad I think it’s great to see Gonzaga recruit some in Minnesota. Both Minnehaha Academy where Jalen Suggs attends & East Ridge where Ben Carlson attends have some other very good prospects too.

Minnehaha Academy
    Chet Holmgren-6’11 ranked 53 Nationally class of 2021 by 247
    Prince Aligbe-Class of 2022 and will be very highly ranked

East Ridge
    Kendall Brown-6’7 forward ranked 25 by 247 Nationally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Just looked at this twitter post of his for first time; love that Jalen Suggs posted a pic of NWG and Perkins together to announce that Gonzaga has offered him. He seems well aware of the great pairing he and Dominic Harris would be.
    I thought the same thing when I saw that.

Tommy Lloyd in to see Jalen.

That's GU's two heavy hitters to see him now.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Tommy Lloyd in to see Jalen.

That's GU's two heavy hitters to see him now.
    He is a priority that is for sure. Him and Strawther are our top 2 for 2020 (minus Harris).

Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.
    He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.

Not sure if Harvey will reclassify, but a future backcourt of Harris, Suggs/Harvey and Strawther (add in Ravet) could equal the Nigel, Perkins and Melson/Matthews backcourt. In other words - dreamy.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.
    He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?

He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?
    I think I was confusing him with Strawther.

He is a CG/PG and I do not see him reclassifying as of now. Harvey is the one they are pushing to reclassify, but there are still some hurdles there.

Default Twitter Update

My apologies I'm not quite sure how to properly copy twitter posts. This comes from the site/twitter for what looks like what most the recruits use to make/edit photos of themselves when they announce their final schools, so i'm not sure how solid of a source it is.. but still could be promising:

TIPTON EDITS 🏀

@TiptonEdits
    15h15 hours ago
    More TIPTON EDITS 🏀 Retweeted TIPTON EDITS 🏀
    “I’m on the phone with Coach Michaelson (Gonzaga) nearly every other day.”

@TiptonEdits
    Follow Follow @TiptonEdits
    More
    2020 five-star Jalen Suggs tells @TiptonEdits that Gonzaga and Iowa are currently recruiting him the hardest.

@JalenSuggs2020

7:39 PM - 6 Jan 2019

reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud
    He does actually have the choice to answer the calls. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post

just thinking out loud
    I think if you talk to Mr. Timme he would say Mick's phone calls were a big reason he is coming to GU. Recruits get hammered with calls (not saying it's right), but like Spy said they have the choice to answer them and if Suggs is picking up Mick's calls he is interested.

Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!
    I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.

It would HUGE for GU to nab Suggs. Huge. He has a lot of Nigel in him.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.
    Thank you for explaining...

Suggs + Harris = Outstanding Zag backcourt.

I just hope he doesn't feel like he has to go to a football school.

Ryan James

@RyanJamesMN
    Jan 9
    More
    Gonzaga will be here today to see offered 2020 Jalen Suggs and Minnehaha Academy. Kansas is coming tomorrow to see Jalen and the @RedhawkBBBall play New Prague

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Ryan James

@RyanJamesMN
    Jan 9
    More
    Gonzaga will be here today to see offered 2020 Jalen Suggs and Minnehaha Academy. Kansas is coming tomorrow to see Jalen and the @RedhawkBBBall play New Prague
    New Prague? My goodness.

Not an issue if it’s just us and Kansas. Haha

Our staffs dream case scenario for 2020 is Harris + Suggs + Strawther. We will be pushing really hard for all three, similar to what we did this year with the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Our staffs dream case scenario for 2020 is Harris + Suggs + Strawther. We will be pushing really hard for all three, similar to what we did this year with the bigs.
    Have to believe Few is pushing hard for an official visit for Suggs.

I'd think the staff would take FOUR guards in 2020, ie, Zach Harvey + Above 3. It's likely pie in the sky, but........