Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Do all of you have good intel on this? I think most of the uninformed here are reading these last three posts on him and wetting their pants in excitement.
    With BBZ and GoZags following my post, I would have to say the excitement could not get much higher if you are a Zags fan and follow recruiting.

Suggs/Ravet/Harris
    Strawther/Harris
    Kispert/Watson/Strawther/Arlauskas
    Timme/Watson
    Petrusev/Zacharov/Ballo

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ITS HAPPENING

Suggs/Ravet/Harris
    Strawther/Harris
    Timme/Watson
    Petrusev/Zacharov/Ballo

ITS HAPPENING
    Only thing I would disagree with on that is Petrusev, as I believe he is gone after blowing up as a sophomore. Add the names Kessler, Burnett, or Nix to one of those spots and I think you are right on.

Suggs/Ravet/Harris
    Strawther/Harris
    Timme/Watson
    Petrusev/Zacharov/Ballo

ITS HAPPENING
    My starting 5 in 2020

Suggs
    Nix/Burnett
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme

Do all of you have good intel on this? I think most of the uninformed here are reading these last three posts on him and wetting their pants in excitement.
    GZ, runs this board, bbz is the biggest insider here and Caldwell has major connections. If they say it, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    My starting 5 in 2020

Suggs
    Nix/Burnett
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme
    Suggs/Ravet/Harris
    Nix or Burnett/Harris
    Kispert/Strawther/Arlauskas
    Watson/Timme
    Timme/Zacarov/Ballo

If we do not win a National Championship with that squad, God is not a Zags fan.

My starting 5 in 2020

Suggs
    Nix/Burnett
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme
    talkin dirty to us.

Only thing I would disagree with on that is Petrusev, as I believe he is gone after blowing up as a sophomore. Add the names Kessler, Burnett, or Nix to one of those spots and I think you are right on.
    When writing that, that was my one caveat. I agree with you. I love Petrusev's game.

When writing that, that was my one caveat. I agree with you. I love Petrusev's game.
    I think no matter how many minutes he gets he will be a first round pick next year. His game is really good for the modern day NBA big and if the NBA is not calling Europe will be and honestly money talks.

It's well documented I'm a fan of his game as well.

Petrusev is a baller, just gotta figure out how to defend at this level. NBA prospect yet defends, esp one-on-one at a much lower lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    GZ, runs this board, bbz is the biggest insider here and Caldwell has major connections. If they say it, believe it.
    I am but a simple mod who hears things from time to time/ picks up on a smile/nod (from the right people) from time to time .... and I always have to include the cavaet of "nothing's in the bag until it's in the bag". This one .... I'm feeling pretty good about it. And I'll be very happy if/when it's officially "in the bag".

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

That 2020/2021 lineup looks like a young NBA team. Could run an entire rotation of future NBA players. Talent level is unreal.

My starting 5 in 2020

Suggs
    Nix/Burnett
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme
    So Caldwellzag, just to be totally clear, you have information which leads you to believe that we will land not only Suggs, but also Daishen Nix or Nimari Burnett, as well?

Unreal if so.

Thanks,

I don't think this one has been posted yet, if it has my apologies.

My starting 5 in 2020

Suggs
    Nix/Burnett
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme
    Where Dom Harris at?

He might have the highest long term ceiling of them all...

I'm not certain we are even in Burnett's Top 10, let alone Top 5.

He has been scheduling visits like crazy, to Michigan, Louisville, et al, yet no Gonzaga.

We showed interest in him, and he listed us as school of interest amongst 10 or 11 others, yet this is wishful thinking.

Definition of a long shot, and all signs are pointing to a different type of school.

I agree with dark horses like Suggs and Nix, yet Burnett is simply a conversation starter and nothing more at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I am but a simple mod who hears things from time to time/ picks up on a smile/nod (from the right people) from time to time .... and I always have to include the cavaet of "nothing's in the bag until it's in the bag". This one .... I'm feeling pretty good about it. And I'll be very happy if/when it's officially "in the bag".

Read the 1st few words of your post & thought something about a log cabin was about to be mentioned..................

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    I'm not certain we are even in Burnett's Top 10, let alone Top 5.

He has been scheduling visits like crazy, to Michigan, Louisville, et al, yet no Gonzaga.

We showed interest in him, and he listed us as school of interest amongst 10 or 11 others, yet this is wishful thinking.

Definition of a long shot, and all signs are pointing to a different type of school.

I agree with dark horses like Suggs and Nix, yet Burnett is simply a conversation starter and nothing more at this point.
    Things changed here when Powell came on board.

Where Dom Harris at?

Yes he will, but this is a starting five for 2020 ONLY. My guess is that Suggs and Nix aren’t coming here to come off the bench. Dom seems like a good kid who can thrive in the first guy off bench till the other two go pro
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnOGU View Post
    So Caldwellzag, just to be totally clear, you have information which leads you to believe that we will land not only Suggs, but also Daishen Nix or Nimari Burnett, as well?

Unreal if so.

Thanks,
    I can't promise that my info says we are in a good spot with them and it's not one or the other. Suggs will be a Zag unless something catastrophic happens, other two we are in good on. Things are in okay hope they work out.

Where Dom Harris at?

He will play just won't start in 2020. Dom got this whole thing rolling by committing but even Dom knows I'm playing time is earned so he will compete for his playing time just like everyone else.

Recruiting changed slightly at GU when we brought Powell on board, we can pick him to replace Donny for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    That 2020/2021 lineup looks like a young NBA team. Could run an entire rotation of future NBA players. Talent level is unreal.
    Winning a championship or even making the title game doesn't require top NBA level talent and isn't guaranteed by having future NBA guys. I'm not saying it hurts, but it's no magic bullet. Zach Collins, at #10 in the 2017 draft, is the highest-drafted player to play in any title game from 2016-2018. (this year both squads likely have a guy to be picked 5-10th, but of course VA easily could have lost to Purdue or Auburn, and TTech easily could have lost to GU or MSU).

Even a team full of future NBA guys simply doesn't come anywhere close to a "guarantee" of a final 4, let alone a championship. See every Duke and UK team in the past decade for evidence. Many elite college basketball TEAMS do not have NBA star power. I just don't want to see disappointment arise from the idea that finally recruiting for a year or two like how Duke/UK/Kansas/UCLA/Arizona have done for many years will guarantee any march madness outcome.

Assuming this recruiting, or anything like it, actually happens, it sure would be great to see a core group stick around for more than a single year in the northwest.

I'm not sure I'm ready to be the fan of a team that has major annual turnover of it's core guys.

In all the years I’ve viewed highlight tapes, I’ve never watched one that had me as excited about a player as Mr Suggs. Please dear God, please!

I can't promise that my info says we are in a good spot with them and it's not one or the other. Suggs will be a Zag unless something catastrophic happens, other two we are in good on. Things are in okay hope they work out.
    To echo Caldwell here: I too am comfortable saying (take it for what you deem it worth) that we are in a really good spot with Suggs. Nix is in play as well. Regarding the “other” 2020 recruits, it does make sense to keep and eye on Burnett simply because Powell is now at Gonzaga. Burnett has a long list so.... yes we are in good there but I think he is the least likely of our main 2020 targets (although we still have a solid shot with him). After Suggs and Nix, I would keep my eye on Kessler. He is a top 15 recruit that we are very strong with.