Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Wow...he reminds me of a more polished version of Silas, Josh, and Bouldin wrapped in one.
    He’s NWG part 2. Plus a little more athleticism.
    He completes us.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    He’s NWG part 2. Plus a little more athleticism.
    He completes us.
    And by a little more, you mean a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    And by a little more, you mean a lot more.
    It's all relative. ...including my use of the word little....

Get Suggs.

"What was the Gonzaga official visit like in February?

Just the family feel and the whole environment was great. The way they play and all of that. I walked away trying to find negatives and things I didn’t like and I couldn’t really find any while I was there. It was a great time. I have a great relationship with those coaches. I’m going to continue to build that with them the next couple months. "

http://www.startribune.com/five-star...mix/509010702/

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    15m15 minutes ago
    More
    In tonight for five-star junior Jalen Suggs and five-star sophomore Chet Holmgren, a source told @Stockrisers:

Purdue, Texas, Michigan State, Gonzaga, Marquette, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "What was the Gonzaga official visit like in February?

Just the family feel and the whole environment was great. The way they play and all of that. I walked away trying to find negatives and things I didn’t like and I couldn’t really find any while I was there. It was a great time. I have a great relationship with those coaches. I’m going to continue to build that with them the next couple months. "

http://www.startribune.com/five-star...mix/509010702/
    kids got athletic family

They have a great recruiting class last year. They have a good class coming in this year, especially with my cousin, Tre’ (Williams). That’s another close relationship that I have there. They’re the hometown and it’s where my family and friends are. They’ll always be in the mix. They’re headed in the right direction.

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    13s14 seconds ago
    More
    Gonzaga’s Mark Few checking in on major target, five-star junior, Jalen Suggs. Also checking out recent offer, Chet Holmgren.

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    13s14 seconds ago
    More
    Gonzaga’s Mark Few checking in on major target, five-star junior, Jalen Suggs. Also checking out recent offer, Chet Holmgren.
    Both guys played really well in front of Few.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Any whispers from your little birds on Holmgren's interest in playing for the Zags?

Caldy. How do you rate our chances 1-10 with Suggs? I sense some drift. Tell me I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Any whispers from your little birds on Holmgren's interest in playing for the Zags?
    Still early, but I know he likes playing with Suggs, so if Suggs commits then it would up Chet's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Caldy. How do you rate our chances 1-10 with Suggs? I sense some drift. Tell me I am wrong.
    We have felt the big boys jumping in on him here lately, so we have sent Few in hard on him. I would say 6 right now, with the major issue being able if one of the Blue Bloods steps in or one of the Power 5 lets him play both football and basketball.

There probably has been a little drift, as he is making a case to be a top 5 recruit the way he is playing and Blue Bloods are sniffing around now.

We have felt the big boys jumping in on him here lately, so we have sent Few in hard on him. I would say 6 right now, with the major issue being able if one of the Blue Bloods steps in or one of the Power 5 lets him play both football and basketball.

There probably has been a little drift, as he is making a case to be a top 5 recruit the way he is playing and Blue Bloods are sniffing around now.
    Thanks. Bound to happen and will only intensify.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Thanks. Bound to happen and will only intensify.
    I agree, that's why we had Few at his games all weekend. We need to lock him up ASAP.

Five stock-risers of the NCAA's first live period

Jalen Suggs, Grassroots Sizzle (Minn.), PG, 2020: Suggs had a productive weekend with Sizzle, checking in at No. 2 in the Under Armour Association in scoring (19.8 ppg.), No. 1 in assists (6.5 apg.), No. 2 in steals (1.5 spg.) and No. 6 in rebounds (6.9 rpg.). Suggs’ do-it-all approach turned heads all weekend.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/five-st...sharife-cooper

Five stock-risers of the NCAA's first live period

Jalen Suggs, Grassroots Sizzle (Minn.), PG, 2020: Suggs had a productive weekend with Sizzle, checking in at No. 2 in the Under Armour Association in scoring (19.8 ppg.), No. 1 in assists (6.5 apg.), No. 2 in steals (1.5 spg.) and No. 6 in rebounds (6.9 rpg.). Suggs’ do-it-all approach turned heads all weekend.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/five-st...sharife-cooper
    Glad he's taking it to another level but it also makes me more nervous on the recruiting side. I was fairly confident a few weeks ago but not as much now.

Challenge we run into is a limited amount of time and we really need a point guard-- first guy to step up and accept the offer will get the nod-- at that time Suggs may look somewhere else due to us already signing a lead guard (we do not want to run into a situation like Williams where we waited on him and when he went elsewhere--- we had to find option B from what was left available).

He seems to be waiting to see how everything plays out related to NBA early entrants and seeing who will be coming back along with the football options.

I hope he makes his decision either way soon -- so we can be very happy or move on.

It has to be frustrating for the staff to identify guys as great players for the program, recruit them early, then see them blow up later and garner interested from high-level power conference schools.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It has to be frustrating for the staff to identify guys as great players for the program, recruit them early, then see them blow up later and garner interested from high-level power conference schools.

Sounds like all the mid-major teams that are gettin' cherry-picked.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

that's really not the case anymore...the guys the zags are going after these days are well-known by everyone and being recruited by the p5 from the start...it's just that the true blue bloods often have the luxury of waiting until the last moment to get involved.

The staffs work paid off well with Timme who was very similar in blowing up.

The staffs work paid off well with Timme who was very similar in blowing up.
    Timme “blew up” to top 40. Suggs is blowing up to top five. Unfortunately, from everything that I’ve been reading and digging up he loves Gonzaga but his dream school is Duke and he’s holding out for them. And with Hampton reclassifying and most likely going to Memphis and Tre Jones leaving after next year, my guess is unfortunately he will be a blue devil. So I don’t think we should be held hostage, especially if Nix could come in now and re-classify because he is an amazing player, not as good as Suggs, but not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Timme “blew up” to top 40. Suggs is blowing up to top five. Unfortunately, from everything that I’ve been reading and digging up he loves Gonzaga but his dream school is Duke and he’s holding out for them. And with Hampton reclassifying and most likely going to Memphis and Tre Jones leaving after next year, my guess is unfortunately he will be a blue devil. So I don’t think we should be held hostage, especially if Nix could come in now and re-classify because he is an amazing player, not as good as Suggs, but not that far off.
    I agree with the top 40 vs. top 5 thing, but remember relationships built do plan a factor in recruiting, that's what I was getting at.

Julian Strawther and Dom Harris need to keep after Suggs. Tweet. Tweet. Tweet. Keep selling it as a package to go all along with all those supremely talented Gonzaga big men who will be experienced. The 2020/21 team could be special.

I agree with the top 40 vs. top 5 thing, but remember relationships built do plan a factor in recruiting, that's what I was getting at.
    That’s really all the staff can do; it was hard enough before people started getting paid by blue bloods to play for them (not meaning to throw shade on Suggs).