Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Has anyone ever told Julian that Gonzaga has one of the best intramural programs in the nation? Flag football is legit at GU.

Over 60% of student body participates (ranks 7th nationally), and flag football runs from September to around Bball Season tipoff.

I'm 100% serious, at least to satisy his football fix. It allowed me to continue my "glory years" of HS football.

I totally relived my glory years on the intramural fields. I went from being a mediocre high school football and basketball player to being a mediocre intramural flag football and basketball player. I don’t think my dorm teams won a game in either sport, unless the other team forfeited or we brought in a ringer or two that wasn’t enrolled at GU.
    ďThere is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.Ē
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Intramurals vs The Big House? Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    For those of us who don't do Instagram, does anyone want to share?
    I donít know how to move an Instagram picture to this board. I wish I knew how, unless the process involves cropping screenshots or something else as tedious. Instagram is simple to use just to follow user accounts. It works pretty much the same as twitter. You need to open an account but you donít have to post anything. Thereís a lot more information on individual players on Instagram than twitter. When a red circle appears around an avatar, you can click it to see videos and pictures that are not necessarily permanent posts. There are a lot of photos with comments on an Instagram account page.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I donít know how to move an Instagram picture to this board. I wish I knew how, unless the process involves cropping screenshots or something else as tedious. Instagram is simple to use just to follow user accounts. It works pretty much the same as twitter. You need to open an account but you donít have to post anything. Thereís a lot more information on individual players on Instagram than twitter. When a red circle appears around an avatar, you can click it to see videos and pictures that are not necessarily permanent posts. There are a lot of photos with comments on an Instagram account page.
    I shared a screenshot of the Instagram post earlier today. I agree with everything youíve said though. Instagram seems to be the social media platform of choice for most kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Could be a fun matchup if Dominick is back playing for Dream Vision. Looks like his team plays Jalenís Grassroots Sizzle team on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I think you mean Jalen not Julian. And I don't think my main man Suggs
    will be making his decision based on Intramural.
    I bet if Gonzaga lands Suggs, Few is going to make that mistake more than once in practice. He'll call Julian Jalen and vice versa. It's just bound to occur.

Not sure if its been posted yet, but here is a good video on what Jalen's commit timeline looks like. He doesn't mention Gonzaga at all in it but that doesn't really worry me. Word on the street is more when he will commit to Gonzaga than if he will.

https://kstp.com/sports/jalen-suggs-...phers/5431017/

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I bet if Gonzaga lands Suggs, Few is going to make that mistake more than once in practice. He'll call Julian Jalen and vice versa. It's just bound to occur.
    Oh I am sure it will happen. Coached soccer for years. Had two kids whose names were nowhere CLOSE to each other (Alberto and Wilber)... yet for 2 straight years found myself calling one the other and vice versa. It would have been one thing if they looked alike... nope... one was a bit stocky, they other tall and thin.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

EYBL MVP Cade Cunningham (#2 player in 2020 class) vs. Under Armour MVP Jalen Suggs in Vegas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJEb2A9_7Nk&t=71s

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Didn't love all the turnovers, but this kid is going to be a star!

Suggs is a fighter, definitely see the football toughness show in his play.

AAU is bad for basketball. Exciting highlights but all 1 on 1, look at me and what I can do plays.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I very very seldom watch AAU Basketball....don't even consider it real basketball....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I very very seldom watch AAU Basketball....don't even consider it real basketball....
    Yep. on one end of the court you see no defense individually or collectively. On the other end of the court you rarely see team engagement nor actions to make a teammate better
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Nice wins -- wins against the #2 player in the 2020 class and #2 player in the 2021 class.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Yep. It's worse than watching the NBA.

Any word on how the match up between Grassroots Sizzle and Dream Vision went? More specifically Suggs V Harris?

https://mobile.twitter.com/zagaholic...788672/photo/2

The boys hanging out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow the lack of emphasis for defense makes those players not look so great.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    AAU is only good for highlight vids & exposure, nothing more.

Horrid basketball, more mix tape, playground type games 1 on 1, zero defense, little to none team fundamentals, & guard play is about scoring and only passing/managing when in a bind.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    You ought to watch a HS game when there is a top 25 kid and no other D-1 players around him. The coach instructs that player to not play ANY defense. They cannot risk him getting in foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Any word on how the match up between Grassroots Sizzle and Dream Vision went? More specifically Suggs V Harris?
    This is an interesting topic and would think someone on the board knows the answer...if they didn't play against each other fine but someone should know this answer...PLEASE...this is the off season and inquiring people want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    This is an interesting topic and would think someone on the board knows the answer...if they didn't play against each other fine but someone should know this answer...PLEASE...this is the off season and inquiring people want to know...
    Harris already said that he was not playing in that tournament. He is out with injury. Even if the teams played each other, Harris wasn't playing