Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,266 of 1266

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    BUT...going to Florida to sit on the bench for your one year isn't so cool.
    Yeah, if he really is serious about considering playing overseas so he can make some money this upcoming year (because the thought of waiting just one more year to make REAL money in the NBA is just too tough to take), then no....he is not realistically considering playing three years of college football (required) before he could go to the NBA or NFL. So no, Florida, unless it is just for basketball, is not really being considered.

I attended 3 of his SMB football games this season.

He is a terrific athlete, with an extraordinary presence on the field, makes winning plays when needed, especially with his feet. Can throw a solid deep ball, although it sails sideways instead of downward spiral, and has good zip on short to intermediate throws.

I see upside but Jalen isnt an elite prospect in football. I'd say a very good, strong, confident, tall athlete making highlight reel plays versus inferior competition.

His HS, combined with 2 other HS's play in the 3rd ranked division in MN. Mostly comprised of small towns and private/charter schools, who specialize in bball and hockey, not football so much.

Suggs team is the best in their respective division, and have won their championship for past couple years, which Jalen has played a major part in.

he might be a better long term defensive prospect (elite safety) than QB.

He shows promising upside at QB but relies heavily on being the better athlete than the competition. Jalen likely only player to receive serious D1 interest in his entire division. There is another kid on his team with offers.

His long term sport is basketball. He is an elite prospect in the making, and still has room to improve in this sport as well, namely pick n roll play, and shooting, yet upside is clearly through the roof. Proven, and has shown elite skills vs top tier competition, has all the attributes, etc

He is likely a couple seasons away to start at QB, as he faces a significant jump in competition, and still hasn't shown he can make sll the throws and/or simply out run or run around the opponents.

He could likely start as a WR or Free Safety right away, but I see a 3 star type QB who still needs development at the position.

Meanwhile, he is a 5 star basketball player who is more than likely a 1 and done talent, maybe 2 year at most.

Football requires 3 years before he can even be drafted, not to mention chance of injury, especially as a freshman. Rate of injury much higher for younger players than upperclassmen in college FB.

I love that he is passionate about both sports and being considered in both sports at the next level, yet no one has promised him a spot at QB, but rather as a gifted athlete they can mold into whatever suits them best. I know Iowa St was looking at him for multiple positions given that a lot of these QB prospects are more polished at that particular position.

Its great he wants to play them but it's an unbelievable risky endeavor, not just from an injury standpoint yet also developmental standpoint.

Similar to achieving work life balance, something has got to give, he will have to comprise one for the other on some level, if he wants to be truly elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

He is a terrific athlete, with an extraordinary presence on the field, makes winning plays when needed, especially with his feet. Can throw a solid deep ball, although it sails sideways instead of downward spiral, and has good zip on short to intermediate throws.

I see upside but Jalen isnt an elite prospect in football. I'd say a very good, strong, confident, tall athlete making highlight reel plays versus inferior competition.

His HS, combined with 2 other HS's play in the 3rd ranked division in MN. Mostly comprised of small towns and private/charter schools, who specialize in bball and hockey, not football so much.

Suggs team is the best in their respective division, and have won their championship for past couple years, which Jalen has played a major part in.

He shows promising upside at QB but relies heavily on being the better athlete than the competition. Jalen likely only player to receive serious D1 interest in his entire division. There is another kid on his team with offers.

His long term sport is basketball. He is an elite prospect in the making, and still has room to improve in this sport as well, namely pick n roll play, and shooting, yet upside is clearly through the roof. Proven, and has shown elite skills vs top tier competition, has all the attributes, etc

He is likely a couple seasons away to start at QB, as he faces a significant jump in competition, and still hasn't shown he can make sll the throws and/or simply out run or run around the opponents.

He could likely start as a WR or Free Safety right away, but I see a 3 star type QB who still needs development at the position.

Meanwhile, he is a 5 star basketball player who is more than likely a 1 and done talent, maybe 2 year at most.

Football requires 3 years before he can even be drafted, not to mention chance of injury, especially as a freshman. Rate of injury much higher for younger players than upperclassmen in college FB.

I love that he is passionate about both sports and being considered in both sports at the next level, yet no one has promised him a spot at QB, but rather as a gifted athlete they can mold into whatever suits them best. I know Iowa St was looking at him for multiple positions given that a lot of these QB prospects are more polished at that particular position.

Its great he wants to play them but it's an unbelievable risky endeavor, not just from an injury standpoint yet also developmental standpoint.

Similar to achieving work life balance, something has got to give, he will have to comprise one for the other on some level, if he wants to be truly elite.
    An extremely enlightening/insightful post...thanks for sharing!!!

There are hundreds of very good HS QB's but a limited number of elite QB's than can, if given the opportunity, play QB at P5 schools...GREAT comparison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    An extremely enlightening/insightful post...thanks for sharing!!!

There are hundreds of very good HS QB's but a limited number of elite QB's than can, if given the opportunity, play QB at P5 schools...GREAT comparison!!!
    He is a top 20 QB on all the recruiting sites, so fairly elite. That being said to play as a freshman in football is rare, especially at QB, and he would have to stay a minimum of 3 years in college. I just dont see how football can even be a realistic option unless that is truelly his love. If hes looking to make money and have the best career, basketball is the only choice.

No doubt being a top 20 QB nationally is extremely impressive, but in terms of the ultimate goal (getting an NFL gig) there's maybe 10-12 QBs that get drafted each year so even being ranked that high out of high school is no guarantee. Completely agree with all of your other points, basketball seems like a no brainer path for Suggs to pursue. (Logically speaking, who knows how weight he puts on football because he loves the sport)

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

thanks for the excellent report.

Here's what's happening near me with high school sports

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highs...ecame-dominant

It's hard to see exactly where he lies for me, as they make a distinction between dual-threat and pro-style QBs. He's listed at #29 overall on 247Sports but is the #10 dual-threat QB on Scout. I'm sure he could play for many colleges out there, but how good of a team would it be? It seems to me that the #10 dual-threat QB has little chance of an NFL career, but you have to believe in yourself and take good advice from people who know (way) more than me...

I have to say, I'm really worn out on this recruitment. I hope Jalen chooses Gonzaga but, at this point, it's going to be what it's going to be. In the end, he needs to do what is best for him, in his assessment, and the rest will take care of itself.

Main board is reporting an instagram post of his commitment. Personally, if true, I will credit Mr. V. for pushing him over the top. When confirmed, I think everyone will forget the long and windy road that got us here very quickly...and just celebrate the destination. Someone please confirm so the party can commence.

Jalen has a picture of himself in a Zag uniform from October 7th but nothing about committing to any program on Instagram. The Zags Men's Instagram page has photos of both Dom and Julian as signed but nothing about Jalen.

For those catching up, there is nothing on instagram regarding Jalen's decision. Maybe someone is mistaking Julian with Jalen, although I also don't see the "main board" post that is being referenced.

Jalen did congratulate Julian on instagram, but that's all we've got for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    For those catching up, there is nothing on instagram regarding Jalen's decision. Maybe someone is mistaking Julian with Jalen, although I also don't see the "main board" post that is being referenced.

Jalen did congratulate Julian on instagram, but that's all we've got for now.
    I would expect very little news from Mr. Suggs until he announces in January. Just my opinion

Jalen Suggs has his semi-final MN football game starting in the next few minutes. You can watch live here:

https://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL

Last night he played Madden with Julian Strawther on Instagram live. No announcements but Julian is definitely still leading the recruiting effort haha. Dominick Harris wasn’t on live but was also logged in and was texting with the rest of the tricky trio.

Fingers crossed!

Uhhh.....

Started watching game, then went elsewhere. Rejoined stream late in 4th, Suggs appears to have an ankle injury late in a tied game...

And he throws a probable game winning touchdown...

I'm not sure what universe that is a fumble on but... okay.

Suggs is on to State Championships. While clearly not healthy.

So we now have two bullets to dodge. An injury in state finals and the pro ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Uhhh.....

Started watching game, then went elsewhere. Rejoined stream late in 4th, Suggs appears to have an ankle injury late in a tied game...

And he throws a probable game winning touchdown...

Nice! Hope he wins a championship in what may well be his last season of organized football! The ankle doesn’t sound bad if he’s still playing, so hopefully it never becomes problematic!