Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 296 of 296

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Aren't there currently only 2 schollies open for 20? Strawther and Suggs? Zags would have to revoke offer to either Foster or Ayayi unless Zach was leaving then.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Aren't there currently only 2 schollies open for 20? Strawther and Suggs? Zags would have to revoke offer to either Foster or Ayayi unless Zach was leaving then.
    A happy and solvable problem...

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Wow! This package deal could impact Zag basketball like never before.
    Holmgren? That's news.....if true.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Aren't there currently only 2 schollies open for 20? Strawther and Suggs? Zags would have to revoke offer to either Foster or Ayayi unless Zach was leaving then.
    There is only 1 schollie open for 20 right now so the coaching staff certainly has some kind of plan in place.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    A happy and solvable problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    There is only 1 schollie open for 20 right now so the coaching staff certainly has some kind of plan in place.
    It shows two on the schollie chart.

    The problem solving might not be happy if you are either Foster or Ayayi. I know that schollies are year to year, but Gonzaga APPEARS to have not gone the way of other schools and just dumped players. It may be that they did facilitate transfers behind the scenes. I don't know about that.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It shows two on the schollie chart.

    The problem solving might not be happy if you are either Foster or Ayayi. I know that schollies are year to year, but Gonzaga APPEARS to have not gone the way of other schools and just dumped players. It may be that they did facilitate transfers behind the scenes. I don't know about that.
    "Dump" is a strong and erroneous word; so is "chased." Kids catch on fast. Neither has a role, much less a significant one, in GU's future if all these apples fall in our orchard. They deserve to play, elsewhere. Will, c'mon, GU's been "facilitating" for years.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    "Dump" is a strong and erroneous word; so is "chased." Kids catch on fast. Neither has a role, much less a significant one, in GU's future if all these apples fall in our orchard. They deserve to play, elsewhere. Will, c'mon, GU's been "facilitating" for years.
    Solvable, yes...I guess it was the 'happy' part that bothered me. LOL
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    "Dump" is a strong and erroneous word; so is "chased." Kids catch on fast. Neither has a role, much less a significant one, in GU's future if all these apples fall in our orchard. They deserve to play, elsewhere. Will, c'mon, GU's been "facilitating" for years.
    I agree. I want Joel and Greg to be happy and have a good college career. It may not be here, and they’ll have to make that decision when it comes time. I’ll wish them well in whatever they do
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It shows two on the schollie chart.

    The problem solving might not be happy if you are either Foster or Ayayi. I know that schollies are year to year, but Gonzaga APPEARS to have not gone the way of other schools and just dumped players. It may be that they did facilitate transfers behind the scenes. I don't know about that.
    Ballo is not on the chart yet.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,549

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,025

    Default

    There will be room...

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,549

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,035

    Default

    Whoa.

    Looks like a college junior, not a high school one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  14. #289

    Default

    Fingers crossed

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,969

    Default

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.max...0-20ca36d1210b

    Suggs makes 3rd Team Max Preps Junior Boys All American Team
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,549

    Default

    This is a good video --- I did not realize Suggs played against Brock Ravet in this tournament and Washington Supreme beat Suggs team 72-45 (last summer)-- Ravet looked good in the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOfiNYXLhDo

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,832

    Default

    From the Jalen Suggs thread at the Golden Gopher fan forum: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa....php?p=1732902

    Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBall View Post
    What are the Gophers chances of landing Suggs? Or do you think he is stringing us along like Hurt did?
    Very low. Gonzaga should be considered the heavy favorites. Duke is the one program that could swoop in and change that from what I hear.

    Don’t think he’ll string us along though. Should be verbally committed by the end of the summer at the latest. Think he could decide within the next month or two.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    From the Jalen Suggs thread at the Golden Gopher fan forum: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa....php?p=1732902
    As long as his source isn't caldwell ( ), I like that they're hearing similar things.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    From the Jalen Suggs thread at the Golden Gopher fan forum: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa....php?p=1732902
    I fully agree with that assessment of Suggs. I have been saying we will get a verbal from him, today will go a long ways with Suggs and GU. Duke could change things, but what's interesting is Coach K and crew have been fairly quiet on the Suggs front.

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    As long as his source isn't caldwell ( ), I like that they're hearing similar things.
    Haha that made me laugh. I don't know anyone from Minnesota's page, but I have pumped the praise on where we are with Suggs on here a lot!!

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Haha that made me laugh. I don't know anyone from Minnesota's page, but I have pumped the praise on where we are with Suggs on here a lot!!
    There is always the looming threat of Duke or Kentucky.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •