Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1292

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Hmmm...do kids make commitment announcements at prestigious events like this for a different sport entirely? Seems like that wouldn't go down too well.
    From what I was told is it will either be at that game or before one of his basketball games. I would look at the schedule and see when the biggest basketball games are being held.

Is there a specific reason for all these postponements of declaring? Seems a bit weird to me

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Is there a specific reason for all these postponements of declaring? Seems a bit weird to me
    I think one of the reasons given was that by declaring a commitment now it prevents him from participating in a prestigious football event. Another is that there's still a not too far-fetched shot that he goes overseas instead.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    From what I was told is it will either be at that game or before one of his basketball games. I would look at the schedule and see when the biggest basketball games are being held.
    Jalen has a pretty big week lined up to start 2020.

Thursday, January 2 - Under Armour All-America Game
    Friday, January 3 - Minnehaha Academy vs. Park Center
    Saturday, January 4 - Minnehaha Academy vs. Sierra Canyon (LeBron James Jr.'s team)

https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/1...my-in-january/

Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    I was told he wants to be the first person to play in the Under Armour All-America Game (football) and the McDonald's All-America game (basketball). It is my understanding that the all-star game holdup is at more of a national level than state.

Quick research, last year there were about 200 players on the rosters for the game (about 100 per side). However the official website only says, "The top 100 players in the nation will compete in Orlando with the best coaches, players, and gear in the game." Looking at their website, they currently list about 100 players. I'm seeing articles (for last year's game) announcing the full rosters in late December. The 2019 game was on January 3.
    The roster for the Under Armour All -America game has been announced and he is not on it. I thought it was the All-star game for Minnesota high schools that he was waiting to hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    The roster for the Under Armour All -America game has been announced and he is not on it. I thought it was the All-star game for Minnesota high schools that he was waiting to hear about.
    I'm not sure that the roster is finalized/complete. I believe that happens in December.

Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    I'm not sure that the roster is finalized/complete. I believe that happens in December.
    The roster is listed on several sites including Espn and 247. I know on December 28 the two coaches will draft their teams from this roster, but not sure if they can add anyone that late.

The signing period is coming up here this month. If he knows he is out of the picture, maybe he signs then? One can hope.

Marcus R. Fuller
    @Marcus_R_Fuller
    ·
    33m
    Five-star guard
    @JalenSuggs2020
    seals the win and state berth with a touchdown at QB and interception on defense. One of the best athletes in Minnesota HS history.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Marcus R. Fuller
    @Marcus_R_Fuller
    ·
    33m
    Five-star guard
    @JalenSuggs2020
    seals the win and state berth with a touchdown at QB and interception on defense. One of the best athletes in Minnesota HS history.
    Gifted athlete.
    Parlez-vous français?

Here is what Evan Daniels has to say on Suggs: https://247sports.com/college/basket...da--137978945/

Consider this a veryyyyyy good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Hope you are right, it made me more nervous to hear about all the overseas talk.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Agree with the above. This seems more concerning, than exciting, to me.

Feels like all we learned for sure was the day he’s gonna announce he’s committing to us. Best chance to keep him, imo, is the connection with the other 2020 recruits.

"Sandifer told 247Sports that Suggs intends to announce his college decision on Jan. 4 when his high school team plays against Sierra Canyon."

Suggs Football Highlights from Sectional championship. What an athlete, and great ending to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELb5QdSUQ_s

He'll be a Zag. I'm not concerned at all. If he were that heavy of a lean to go pro, we'd have recruited another pg for his class.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Suggs Football Highlights from Sectional championship. What an athlete, and great ending to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELb5QdSUQ_s
    That was a great watch, thanks!

Well, well, well...

Saw it coming when he seemed to have a ton of interest in RJ Hampton going pro... many on this board dismissed my reaction that i was worried about it..

And here we are.. Suggs reposting comments on his IG about going pro and "league 'em"... interesting..

What a major disappointment this will be if he chooses the NBL which it looks like at best its a 50/50 shot right now.

The pro option is real and it has heated up lately. Also, don't be shocked if he takes an official visit to Florida prior to Jan 4th.

That’s all unfortunate. Hopefully Harris and Strawther can work their magic here.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The pro option is real and it has heated up lately. Also, don't be shocked if he takes an official visit to Florida prior to Jan 4th.
    Huge bummer. Are we targeting any late point guards for the class, especially with the questions surrounding Ravet? Hope we didn’t pass on a kid earlier...

I suppose the grad transfer route is always possible as a contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Huge bummer. Are we targeting any late point guards for the class, especially with the questions surrounding Ravet? Hope we didn’t pass on a kid earlier...

It sounds like we have passed on multiple high major guards. I honestly don't take the pro option that seriously. While an amazing player, Jalen is a fringe one and done player (meaning he most likely would be back half of the first round based on scouting today.) He doesn't project as an nba all pro. Going to Europe has never worked out yet, and China seems like it would be a disaster. Australia is the only venue that makes sense for Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post

I would say that as of today odds go like this 80% GU/19% Overseas/1% Florida

We will be looking hard into the grad transfer market is my guess and may even look there with Suggs in the fold if Joel doesn't have a breakout year.