Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1271

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Not an official commitment yet. This is just the photo shoot they do at the official visit

Welcome!

“ZagUp?” doesn’t indicate decision.

This is not an announcement but there are some pretty interesting comments (and some that Jalen likes). Channing Frye correctly pointing out he doesn’t have a picture like that in another uniform. Julian Strawther telling a journalist it’s too late for Texas to steal Suggs away. Drew Timme commenting “Easy choice” and Jalen liking it. Dom Harris’s brother commenting “3/3” and Jalen liking it.

Lots of good signs in there.

Pretty much cinches the deal. Welcome to GU! Let’s get a title!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Wow! Welcome, young fella!

There are pictures on Twitter of all of the guys, except Chet, in Zag gear. I'm sure it's a good sign, but nothing official.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

All very hopeful indicators. . .will await official announcement(s) from the GU athletic department before I pop the champagne cork.

Plays QB for the Cougars till November then a Zag till March, right Caldy? I don't think the prettiest girl in town has ever gotten 45 pages of thread
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Looking at Suggs Instagram football highlights.....not the same caliber players I see in SoCal high schools.

Which is a good thing for health reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Looking at Suggs Instagram football highlights.....not the same caliber players I see in SoCal high schools.

Which is a good thing for health reasons.
    Not even close. I posted such weeks ago. He’s playing vs what would be JV or 8-man teams in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I agree it is cruel, but there are things I can share and things I can't share. I just want you to know that big things are happening at GU and wanted to put this out there, so we don't have to hear Jazz be so pessimistic over and over again.
    Seems to me a Moderator who embraced the fact that continuous negativity is very unhealthy, both mentally and physically, could permanently correct the very source referenced above. In the meantime, many thanks for the "ignore" function!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagmeister View Post
    Seems to me a Moderator who embraced the fact that continuous negativity is very unhealthy, both mentally and physically, could permanently correct the very source referenced above. In the meantime, many thanks for the "ignore" function!!
    Ha! Happily, I've used the "ignore" only rarely and I believe most of those folks left the board. I only have one poster on ignore now ..... and it is not Jazz
    Just this AM I decided to look at a post my ignored poster wrote to see if he/she was wrongly accused ..... nope! Some folks stick with insensitive posts like poo to a blanket.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Anybody ( even so called experts) can be wrong on their facts. I got skunked on Jordan Morgan several years ago. Kids are young and sometimes they just change their mind at the last minute. It's not a big deal if someone's wrong or mistaken. Everything I heard from those close to the situation indicated we had him. Then it was suddenly Michigan.....he did it all by himself.

Suggs? Who knows. I'd say it's a big possibility. Nothing is done until other issues are settled. Im not worrying about it. But kids are kids. As for Chet, he knows we already have superior Bigs. He could just as easily go to a major program anywhere he wants. If it hinges on staying with Suggs, I'd say cross your fingers.
    I got skunked on a graduate transfer awhile back. Knew of an immediate family member who said GU was to be his choice and alluded to that info on the board. He ended up at Villanova. Now I just keep anything I might 'know' to myself. Being in Spokane and knowing people close to GU you hear things. Some you end up seeing as news and others just go to the gossip graveyard.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    I got skunked on a graduate transfer awhile back. Knew of an immediate family member who said GU was to be his choice and alluded to that info on the board. He ended up at Villanova. Now I just keep anything I might 'know' to myself. Being in Spokane and knowing people close to GU you hear things. Some you end up seeing as news and others just go to the gossip graveyard.
    Joe Cremo? No loss if so.

Quote Originally Posted by zagmeister View Post
    You are right. Thanks for the reminder.

Ha! Happily, I've used the "ignore" only rarely and I believe most of those folks left the board. I only have one poster on ignore now ..... and it is not Jazz
    Just this AM I decided to look at a post my ignored poster wrote to see if he/she was wrongly accused ..... nope! Some folks stick with insensitive posts like poo to a blanket.
    Yep that is the beauty of the ignore feature that you can all us. Unfortunately as a moderator I can't use it or I would and like you it wouldn't be on Jazz.

I have thought about doing the same and keeping my stuff to myself and letting everyone hear about it after the fact. In recruiting things change rapidly, so some stuff does just end up in the gossip graveyard, but some is very relevant.

I had a scout on my old team who was watching a potential player confirm with both parents & the kid himself that he was 100% going to Gonzaga and then within 72 hours the kid signs with another school. 24 hours after signing all three of them were driving new cars and mom has a new job in the city. I'm glad he didn't wind up at Gonzaga because he wouldn't have been the right fit at the time and we ended up with someone 1000xs better.

Caldwell, there has been buzz over the past couple days about Suggs playing overseas and I've had 2-3 buddies reach out and tell me some have predicted 50-50 GU vs Overseas. Have you heard anything on this recently?

Quote Originally Posted by ttown0026 View Post
    Caldwell, there has been buzz over the past couple days about Suggs playing overseas and I've had 2-3 buddies reach out and tell me some have predicted 50-50 GU vs Overseas. Have you heard anything on this recently?
    Heard that, but not fully buying it. I had a few people PM me on here with some of the percentages. I would say from what I know 10% tops is the chance of him going overseas. Remember with any of these recruits if they are a first round pick the following year and enough money is thrown at them, would you say no? I think he will say no and be a Zag. I think a similar thing will happen with Chet the following year, although with how skinny Chet is and playing with grown men, I don't think that will be as appealing. We are in a new time of Zags recruiting, as we need to start worries about the overseas options being real instead of Duke or UNC or Kansas or Kentucky taking our recruits. Again doubt it happens, but there is a slim chance.

Heard that, but not fully buying it. I had a few people PM me on here with some of the percentages. I would say from what I know 10% tops is the chance of him going overseas. Remember with any of these recruits if they are a first round pick the following year and enough money is thrown at them, would you say no? I think he will say no and be a Zag. I think a similar thing will happen with Chet the following year, although with how skinny Chet is and playing with grown men, I don't think that will be as appealing. We are in a new time of Zags recruiting, as we need to start worries about the overseas options being real instead of Duke or UNC or Kansas or Kentucky taking our recruits. Again doubt it happens, but there is a slim chance.
    Thanks for the quick response. I too believe he will be a Zag. The money will always be there with Suggs, but playing college basketball at a great program with some of your best friends is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ttown0026 View Post
    There are so many moving parts and variables to playing overseas. RJ Hampton is a good barometer. These kids need to really consider what playing overseas means. Aside from the obvious cultural aspect, think about the visibility that college provides for that 1 year. RJ is a good example. He is on a team in Australia and NBA scouts have said that they will have very limited ability to see him play this year. So, last night RJ Hampton's team played against the Memphis Grizzlies (in Memphis) and RJ got some extra time to be scouted. He shot 1-8 from the floor and was comfortably outplayed by Ja Morant. He gets one more game against OKC this week and then it is back to Australia for 8 months. Now the NBA guys know RJ very well from USA basketball etc., but it does beg the question if his decision really makes any sense for other than a dollar amount that will be nominal once he makes it to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    There are so many moving parts and variables to playing overseas. RJ Hampton is a good barometer. These kids need to really consider what playing overseas means. Aside from the obvious cultural aspect, think about the visibility that college provides for that 1 year. RJ is a good example. He is on a team in Australia and NBA scouts have said that they will have very limited ability to see him play this year. So, last night RJ Hampton's team played against the Memphis Grizzlies (in Memphis) and RJ got some extra time to be scouted. He shot 1-8 from the floor and was comfortably outplayed by Ja Morant. He gets one more game against OKC this week and then it is back to Australia for 8 months. Now the NBA guys know RJ very well from USA basketball etc., but it does beg the question if his decision really makes any sense for other than a dollar amount that will be nominal once he makes it to the NBA.
    Along with the caliber of team that they are on from overseas. RJ is on a good team and he is not needed to be the guy, LeMelo is on a bad team and gets to be the guy. Exposure is key playing overseas and may end up hurting some of these guys if they get the wrong kind of exposure.

Along with the caliber of team that they are on from overseas. RJ is on a good team and he is not needed to be the guy, LeMelo is on a bad team and gets to be the guy. Exposure is key playing overseas and may end up hurting some of these guys if they get the wrong kind of exposure.
    Along with that, look at someone like Zion. While he didnt get payed last year at Duke, imagine the extra money he earned for himself this year in endorsements by being on Sportscenter nightly and being the face of college basketball. If he was dunking in Australia, are we going to see it here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Along with that, look at someone like Zion. While he didnt get payed last year at Duke, imagine the extra money he earned for himself this year in endorsements by being on Sportscenter nightly and being the face of college basketball. If he was dunking in Australia, are we going to see it here in the US.
    While he "while he didn't get paid last year at Duke. That's a good one, lol.