Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1271

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

If it isn’t nice or constructive, keep it to yourself. Didn’t we all learn that way back?

It's game day, and we've got a regular poster calling a prospect names. Great forum.

With nearly 200,000 views I am getting ready to lock this thread, as there is bashing on Suggs, but also on other members. Keep it focused on Jan. 4th and Suggs or this thread will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Well said! x2

I just want him to be happy. I would hate if he came to GU and regretted his decision.
    I agree. Kind of like the rest of sports, it can become too much about winning. In this case, the "win" is convincing Mr. Suggs to be a Zag. Recruiting Suggs may be a watershed moment for the program, but this is probably too much to put on just one player. I will be extremely disappointed if he doesn't come because I really want to see what he can do in a Zag uni, and I will bemoan the unknown player(s) we didn't recruit because we waited on him for so long, but the Zags will go on. If he is a one-and-done, his one year will be very exciting. If he helps this team to a National Championship during that time it will be out of this world, obviously, but otherwise the year he plays here will be just one among many great Zag seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    With nearly 200,000 views I am getting ready to lock this thread, as there is bashing on Suggs, but also on other members. Keep it focused on Jan. 4th and Suggs or this thread will be closed.
    We have waited this long so what’s another 60 days!

That game on the 4th is going to be crazy. Sierra canyon has like 6 D1 prospects vs our guys suggs and chet. Should be interesting

If ever there were a thread that could perfectly describe the fan base on this message board, this is THE thread.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    That game on the 4th is going to be crazy. Sierra canyon has like 6 D1 prospects vs our guys suggs and chet. Should be interesting
    They did a midnight madness hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JohnOGU View Post
    Have info?
    Nothing I'm at liberty to share. But what I can share is my opinion, and I believe Suggs will be a Zag next year.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The overseas stuff is a legit concern and I do have info on that, but like I said GU is still the favorite. I put us at 80% yesterday, just saying those are pretty good odds. There are a few people in his inner circle that would like to see him make money next year, we just have to watch this play out, but ultimately I believe Suggs will be a Zag.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I concur.
    So what you are saying is that the sky is falling and that we should start insulting each other, Jalen and his people, and probably the entire state of Minnesota for good measure?!?!

Naw, I feel good about the future even if the overseas thing occurs. Let’s also not pretend that where Jalen spends the next couple years is the most important decision in his life. Might be more important to the history of Gonzaga basketball than not, but even then the crystal ball can be quite murky!

It actually might be the most important decision in his life. If he goes somewhere that messes with his development it could cost him millions of dollars. Plenty of guys from 10-15 never sniff the league outside of summer league. And honestly going to Florida could be better for him than here on terms of making the league. One of my fears is that just because we can get our name associated with some of these top Americans guys we lose focus on recruiting where we have an advantage. For example if that guard from France a few years ago had worked out, it probably would have been best from him and us.

I'm over it already. Let January come so we can either look forward to the young man or move on already. I would hate to miss out on anymore potential suitors because we threw all of our eggs in 1 basket.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    It actually might be the most important decision in his life. If he goes somewhere that messes with his development it could cost him millions of dollars. Plenty of guys from 10-15 never sniff the league outside of summer league. And honestly going to Florida could be better for him than here on terms of making the league. One of my fears is that just because we can get our name associated with some of these top Americans guys we lose focus on recruiting where we have an advantage. For example if that guard from France a few years ago had worked out, it probably would have been best from him and us.
    Killian Hayes is who I am thinking of.

Killian Hayes is who I am thinking of.
    Yeah that one would have been best for both of us... We had as good of a shot as anyone to land him, but it didn't work out so well.

Very good point and I think it almost certainly is the most important decision of his life thus far. It certainly felt that way when I chose GU as a student alone, but the added pressure of how it could impact his dream of being a NBA player (or NFL player) is immense. As a Zag fan, of course I would have loved for him to pick us and commit right away and I think he will (in Caldwell I trust!), but it would be irrational to not seriously explore other options to make sure GU is the best one for him. Unfortunately for us, Suggs has more options than even the typical Zag recruit since he may be able to get a good pro-deal right away and also is a great football player.

Thank you for this post. Being a loyal Zag fan shouldn’t mean that we need to hold the opinion that Gonzaga is the best choice for every recruit. No programs are are one-size-fits-all.
    Parlez-vous français?

Jalen wins. USA basketball, Minnehaha basketball and even Minnehaha football. His leadership and outrageous athletic skill always finds a way to win.

Gonzaga offers Jalen a better opportunity to display that leadership than playing overseas. Imagine the respect he would enter the NBA with if he led Gonzaga to the championship. Not only would he have more fun, he would have a head start on leading a team as opposed to playing a role and trying to fit in with the unfamiliarity of playing overseas.

I hope he becomes a Zag. He would be my favorite Zag of all time. If he does, I think there's a very good chance he becomes the legend that leads us to our first national championship and becomes a whole lot of Zag fans favorite Zag of all time.

He's worth the wait, and the hype, and the hope.

Hampton in NZ....

RJ Hampton has vowed to keep standing up for himself despite being ejected in the New Zealand Breakers' third successive NBL defeat.
    The American NBA draft prospect took exception to some close checking from South East Melbourne guard Ben Madgen in the early stages of Saturday's 103-78 loss to the Phoenix at Melbourne Arena.
    The pair exchanged words as Magden wound up on the floor after being fouled, while Hampton also clashed with John Roberson as the incident escalated.
    The 18-year-old point guard picked up a technical foul and an unsportsmanlike foul for his part in the melee, seeing him disqualified from the match with barely four minutes ticked off the clock.
    Without Hampton and injured backup guard Jarrad Weeks, the Breakers eventually lost their way as the Phoenix dominated the second half 61-30 to cruise to victory.
    "Madgen, I think he kinda gave me a little shoulder in my back on a screen," Hampton said following the loss.
    "I thought it was kinda dirty so I came back, gave him a little shove, you can call it a flop if you want to or not, but he fell.
    "John Roberson came, he pushed me, kinda gave it the same thing Madgen did and then I think he said something to me that I didn't like, so I went for him and that was the end of that."
    While disappointed to leave the Breakers short at the guard position, Hampton indicated he would continue to stay aggressive in the face of close attention from the opposition.

WRT Hampton, they've seemed to find the weakness in his game to exploit.

Agree with everything but the Florida comment. Can you imagine him making plays with Watson and Timme (and others) next year assuming they themselves are not already in the NBA? I get the east coast exposer thing, but a Final Four run is so much bigger.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Agree with everything but the Florida comment. Can you imagine him making plays with Watson and Timme (and others) next year assuming they themselves are not already in the NBA? I get the east coast exposer thing, but a Final Four run is so much bigger.
    I would think Florida might be able to make a final four run next year too, I mean they are ranked ahead of GU now and will probably be pretty good next year. My question is if hes one and done in basketball why go to Florida to play football also. Chances are he won't see the field as a freshman quarterback in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I would think Florida might be able to make a final four run next year too, I mean they are ranked ahead of GU now and will probably be pretty good next year. My question is if hes one and done in basketball why go to Florida to play football also. Chances are he won't see the field as a freshman quarterback in the SEC.
    It will be hard for any freshman to win a starting qb job at most competitive high major schools. It happens but isn't the norm, even for the top ranked qb prospects which suggs is not

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Also, going to college at Florida is pretty cool, if only for just a year.

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    It will be hard for any freshman to win a starting qb job at most competitive high major schools. It happens but isn't the norm, even for the top ranked qb prospects which suggs is not
    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Also, going to college at Florida is pretty cool, if only for just a year.
    BUT...going to Florida to sit on the bench for your one year isn't so cool.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!