Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

  1. #426

    Default

    Focus kids...

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    224

    Default

    The reference in the OP was to Throw Momma from the Train Anne Ramsey in context

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Bye Bye Birdie....Anne
    That’s Ann.....

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That’s Ann.....
    An Ann?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    An Ann?
    Sweet baby Jesus. Enough. Let’s stay on topic-Suggs. Excited to log on after a long day at work for updates that will make my day...and I read this. Kids can bicker out of the pool. For the rest of us? Serious updates (not opinion) welcome. Thanks again for then effort, Caldwell!
    Last edited by JAGzag; 05-08-2019 at 02:35 AM.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus. Enough. Let’s stay on topic-Suggs. Excited to log on after a long day at the Pentagon for updates that will make my day...and I read this. Kids can bicker our of the pool. For the rest of us? Serious updates (not opinion) welcome. Thanks again for then effort, Caldwell!
    +1000000%%%%

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,486

    Default

    This should help with Suggs

    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    51s51 seconds ago
    More
    Duke's first pledge of the 2020 class is Jeremy Roach. He ranks No. 15 overall in the @247Sports Composite Rankings & as the No. 2 point guard.

    https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...70852130136067

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Sweet!
    I'm pretty stoked, Duke was team that worried me. (besides football simply being his true love)

    Between this and Caldwell's confidence, I'm feeling good on this front.

    If they managed to snag Nix for a '19 reclassify too, talk about an embarrassment of riches spread over two classes. (and perfectly complementary, to boot)

  9. #434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This should help with Suggs

    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    51s51 seconds ago
    More
    Duke's first pledge of the 2020 class is Jeremy Roach. He ranks No. 15 overall in the @247Sports Composite Rankings & as the No. 2 point guard.

    https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...70852130136067
    this came about pretty quickly after the rj hampton reclass...can't imagine it being a complete coincidence.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This should help with Suggs

    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    51s51 seconds ago
    More
    Duke's first pledge of the 2020 class is Jeremy Roach. He ranks No. 15 overall in the @247Sports Composite Rankings & as the No. 2 point guard.

    https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...70852130136067
    This is a huge deal for Gonzaga. Huge!

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Yup. Duke was the one school that we probably could have lost him to.
    The only hold up now is if he gets the itch to play football (I give that a less than 5% chance).

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,847

    Default

    I'm unsure how to interpret this comment from Jalen Suggs/Chet Homgren's AAU coach, whether he means Minnesota is not an option for Suggs or that football is off the table for him:

    https://twitter.com/grassrootshoops/...815273984?s=19

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,486

    Default

    From this quote -- he seems to know in the back of his mind he will need to pick one at some point.

    “I think I definitely could play both, it would just be real difficult,” Suggs said about pursuing both sports in college. “That still is a possibility. Something that I have to talk to coaches and my parents about, but one day one of them is going to have to go.”

    https://www.twincities.com/2018/11/2...terrific-team/

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    I'm unsure how to interpret this comment from Jalen Suggs/Chet Homgren's AAU coach, whether he means Minnesota is not an option for Suggs or that football is off the table for him:

    https://twitter.com/grassrootshoops/...815273984?s=19
    Neither...he's gone from MN IMO

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This last page of the Suggs thread on the main Gopher board pretty much is all about us. Only one poster disses us and several others quickly correct him and complement us. Interesting read.

    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...larship/page33
    Didn’t see a diss at all. Saw a general curiousity.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,275

    Default

    Gonzaga is the only program in college basketball right now to get to the sweet 16 or better in 5 straight tournaments (something that only two other teams have done - both blue bloods - since the expanded bracket era began). 21 straight NCAA tourneys. A HoF coach with an 82% winning %. I think that might have something to do with it. Basketball programs who achieve things like this see a massive rise in their recruiting. They become a hot place to go. Also, not every big name recruit wants to go to a blue blood, but they are forced to because if they want to go deep in the tourney, those are the schools that traditionally go far. A guy like Suggs understands that GU has a slew of big guys (some future NBA'ers) to show off and develop his playmaking skills. Gonzaga has gotten players from Minnesota before. GU wasn't the only western school interested in Sam Dower. Cal wanted him.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,275

    Default

    Also the traditional one and done factories like Duke and Kentucky are not producing great numbers of national championship teams. Neither is Gonzaga, but I think it's creating an environment where some elite kids might be thinking: "Do I really wanna go to a place like Kentucky where they have every advantage in the book and they still cannot get the job done?" Meanwhile, it's the perception of some that what GU is missing is just one or two missing pieces.

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Also the traditional one and done factories like Duke and Kentucky are not producing great numbers of national championship teams. Neither is Gonzaga, but I think it's creating an environment where some elite kids might be thinking: "Do I really wanna go to a place like Kentucky where they have every advantage in the book and they still cannot get the job done?" Meanwhile, it's the perception of some that what GU is missing is just one or two missing pieces.
    Might it just be that both of these schools are NBA Factories - play one maybe two and go get drafted in the first round?

    I believe if Coach Few had that same talent, he would have a better record than Cal & K...jmho

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Suggs announced within the next two weeks.
    With this post coming 2 weeks ago, and the last post in this thread being over a week ago, I think it's time for a bump.

    I see all positives with the continued momentum of recruiting Jalen, and still believe all of our insider information that we are in great shape to add him in 2020.

    GoZags, basketballzag, ZagBlue and caldwellzag - Are you still thinking it's likely we could hear something before the June evaluation period?

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,486

    Default

    I am thinking he is looking at his options related to players opting out of the draft and going back to school -- (looking for a clearer lay of the land) and then will make his final decision ---- hopefully as a Zag.

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Nice recent interview with Suggs in here, but no specific answer to the "when question:"

    https://kstp.com/sports/minnehaha-ja...phers/5360139/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Nice recent interview with Suggs in here, but no specific answer to the "when question:"

    https://kstp.com/sports/minnehaha-ja...phers/5360139/
    Fantastic update, thank you!

    A quote at the 3:25 mark from Jalen Suggs when talking about how he preps for football amidst all of his basketball development: "Bring the pigskin out one last year."

    That has to be a good sign for us!

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,486

    Default

    I like that he mentions that Minnesota is working hard recruiting and wishes them luck-- gets to spend some time with his good friend since he is going to Minnesota -- but it sounds like he does not expect to join him.

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    Dom Harris is still working at it:
    Naturally, the versatility in the backcourt, and the fact Gonzaga plays with multiple guards who can handle the ball, is a big selling point for Harris and his last remaining target in the 2020 class.

    “Those guys are my brothers,” he said of 2020 commit Julian Strawther, and 2020 target, Jalen Suggs. “We talk every day. I feel like Jalen would be a great fit for us and would top off the 2020 class. If he does commit, all I can say is, we would be a tricky trio to deal with.”



    (He also says that he has played PG during his career until recently. I know some see him as a combo guard but if Suggs doesn’t come he seems like the front runner at PG.)

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ass-132220138/

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Dom Harris is still working at it:
    Naturally, the versatility in the backcourt, and the fact Gonzaga plays with multiple guards who can handle the ball, is a big selling point for Harris and his last remaining target in the 2020 class.

    “Those guys are my brothers,” he said of 2020 commit Julian Strawther, and 2020 target, Jalen Suggs. “We talk every day. I feel like Jalen would be a great fit for us and would top off the 2020 class. If he does commit, all I can say is, we would be a tricky trio to deal with.”



    (He also says that he has played PG during his career until recently. I know some see him as a combo guard but if Suggs doesn’t come he seems like the front runner at PG.)

    https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...ass-132220138/

    Just not feeling it.....Time is our adversary.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •