Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Just FYI the trip is still on. Few and Co are heading out to see Jalen tomorrow. Big weekend for us with him.
    I literally leave a browser open on this forum and refresh an obscene amount every day. Thanks for the updates!

hope the staff is making similar efforts to get a pg in for next year...haven't heard anything about grad transfer recruits lately.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    hope the staff is making similar efforts to get a pg in for next year...haven't heard anything about grad transfer recruits lately.
    They are. Remember that grad transfers are still playing in many cases and have not announced publicly that they are transferring. Big names still to come and believe me GU will be on one of them.

Smile

They are. Remember that grad transfers are still playing in many cases and have not announced publicly that they are transferring. Big names still to come and believe me GU will be on one of them.
    Not wishing to get you in trouble w/your sources, Caldwell, but can you tell us which conference this "one of them" plays for? (Not asking for team.)

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Not wishing to get you in trouble w/your sources, Caldwell, but can you tell us which conference this "one of them" plays for? (Not asking for team.)

This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    While I believe a grad transfer guard will be in the cards, at least two members of the GU coaching staff have expressed their opinion that if Brock Ravet were on THIS year's Gonzaga squad, he'd have gotten significant and meaningful minutes. He IS that good.
    "The thing that doesn't get talked about enough with Gonzaga is that they play for each other ... You can see it in everything they do, the way they celebrate for each other's baskets, the way they talk to each other on the floor, the way they come in and out on timeouts, the way they huddle. That for me is the most impressive thing. They've got an unbelievable amount of talent, but man do they play for each other, more than a lot of people." USD HC Sam Scholl

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    While I believe a grad transfer guard will be in the cards, at least two members of the GU coaching staff have expressed their opinion that if Brock Ravet were on THIS year's Gonzaga squad, he'd have gotten significant and meaningful minutes. He IS that good.
    I don't disagree that Ravet's is good enough to get some time next year, I just know we are active in the grad transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post

I will ask and see what they say. Usually what happens is I get a text saying go ahead and report now.

Smile

I will ask and see what they say. Usually what happens is I get a text saying go ahead and report now.
    Great. Thanks.

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Any updates on Few’s weekend visit? Folks were feeling excited about some potential news. Any insight on how the visit went?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Any updates on Few’s weekend visit? Folks were feeling excited about some potential news. Any insight on how the visit went?
    Visit went well, the staff went there to watch and evaluate Suggs. They liked what they saw and there is still a growing relationship building with Suggs and GU. I firmly believe we are at the top of Suggs list right now from everything I have heard.

Visit went well, the staff went there to watch and evaluate Suggs. They liked what they saw and there is still a growing relationship building with Suggs and GU. I firmly believe we are at the top of Suggs list right now from everything I have heard.
    hopefully a big time run to the FF full of beautiful basketball will seal the deal!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    hopefully a big time run to the FF full of beautiful basketball will seal the deal!
    Plus the final four is in his hometown.