Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 1972

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Just FYI the trip is still on. Few and Co are heading out to see Jalen tomorrow. Big weekend for us with him.
    I literally leave a browser open on this forum and refresh an obscene amount every day. Thanks for the updates!

  2. #202

    Default

    hope the staff is making similar efforts to get a pg in for next year...haven't heard anything about grad transfer recruits lately.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    hope the staff is making similar efforts to get a pg in for next year...haven't heard anything about grad transfer recruits lately.
    They are. Remember that grad transfers are still playing in many cases and have not announced publicly that they are transferring. Big names still to come and believe me GU will be on one of them.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,677

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    They are. Remember that grad transfers are still playing in many cases and have not announced publicly that they are transferring. Big names still to come and believe me GU will be on one of them.
    Not wishing to get you in trouble w/your sources, Caldwell, but can you tell us which conference this "one of them" plays for? (Not asking for team.)




    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Not wishing to get you in trouble w/your sources, Caldwell, but can you tell us which conference this "one of them" plays for? (Not asking for team.)




    :]

    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    hope the staff is making similar efforts to get a pg in for next year...haven't heard anything about grad transfer recruits lately.
    While I believe a grad transfer guard will be in the cards, at least two members of the GU coaching staff have expressed their opinion that if Brock Ravet were on THIS year's Gonzaga squad, he'd have gotten significant and meaningful minutes. He IS that good.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    While I believe a grad transfer guard will be in the cards, at least two members of the GU coaching staff have expressed their opinion that if Brock Ravet were on THIS year's Gonzaga squad, he'd have gotten significant and meaningful minutes. He IS that good.
    I don't disagree that Ravet's is good enough to get some time next year, I just know we are active in the grad transfer market.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Not wishing to get you in trouble w/your sources, Caldwell, but can you tell us which conference this "one of them" plays for? (Not asking for team.)




    :]
    I will ask and see what they say. Usually what happens is I get a text saying go ahead and report now.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,677

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will ask and see what they say. Usually what happens is I get a text saying go ahead and report now.
    Great. Thanks.



    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Any updates on Few’s weekend visit? Folks were feeling excited about some potential news. Any insight on how the visit went?

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Any updates on Few’s weekend visit? Folks were feeling excited about some potential news. Any insight on how the visit went?
    Visit went well, the staff went there to watch and evaluate Suggs. They liked what they saw and there is still a growing relationship building with Suggs and GU. I firmly believe we are at the top of Suggs list right now from everything I have heard.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Visit went well, the staff went there to watch and evaluate Suggs. They liked what they saw and there is still a growing relationship building with Suggs and GU. I firmly believe we are at the top of Suggs list right now from everything I have heard.
    hopefully a big time run to the FF full of beautiful basketball will seal the deal!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    hopefully a big time run to the FF full of beautiful basketball will seal the deal!
    Plus the final four is in his hometown.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,247

    Default

    MN Basketball POY


    @MNHoopsPOY
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    Congratulations to Jalen Suggs of Minnehaha Academy for being named Minnesota Basketball Player of the Year 2019. @JalenSuggs2020 @RedhawkBBBall @grassrootshoops
    @twillsports

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,247

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Wow!! Crazy talented

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So a poster on the main board is for Minneapolis and said that he is friends with the family and heard over the weekend that Jalen wants to go to a school where he can play both football and basketball.
    It’s not unusual for gifted kids to resist narrowing their choices when they are considering their college careers.
    Parlez-vous français?

  18. #218
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    But Caldwell has been saying that he's gonna put football on the backburner and was alluding that Suggs was gonna pick us soon, but this poster just said that he spoke with the Suggs family recently and he wants to play both in college. Gonzaga doesn't have a football team.
    Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,209

    Default

    There is no rule that he can't play football while at Gonzaga.

    I did.

    Nowhere does it say what type of football he wants to play.

    Besides, I suspect that there will be many people around him telling him things about getting to a point in life where needing to specialize. What good does it do for him to be an elite basketball prospect that gets his ACL torn on an end-around?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,449

    Default

    Dude, spy, just chill out and stop panicking about whatever random thing you read on other teams' message boards.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    But Caldwell has been saying that he's gonna put football on the backburner and was alluding that Suggs was gonna pick us soon, but this poster just said that he spoke with the Suggs family recently and he wants to play both in college. Gonzaga doesn't have a football team.
    I would not panic, I doubt the poster actually talked to the family.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I'm not panicking at all. I lived through the Meech era.
    I hear ya, I was in a panic when he made a sweet drive to get us to the SS...those two points forever cemented his lore in GU history!

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I hear ya, I was in a panic when he made a sweet drive to get us to the SS...those two points forever cemented his lore in GU history!
    I was sitting behind the basket a few rows. Bout lost my damn mind.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,294

    Default

    Once a Zag, always a Zag.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,209

    Default

    We might well have been able to use a Meech in this last game.

    Anyway, moving on ….

    Is Suggs coming?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •