Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1141

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

  1. #876
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Florida State has offered 2020 5-Star CG Jalen Suggs, and 2021 5-Star C Chet Holmgren. Very late offer from Florida State.

  2. #877
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Florida State has offered 2020 5-Star CG Jalen Suggs, and 2021 5-Star C Chet Holmgren. Very late offer from Florida State.
    So much for everyone knowing it's a done deal and staying away. Would they be a team that would let him play both sports?

  3. #878
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,495

    Default

    JMHO... coming in a bit late isn't a good look... I mean it can work if you are Duke/Kentucky/Kansas... but the reality is that many top level kids like to see the commitment a coach has to them before they commit.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  4. #879
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    So much for everyone knowing it's a done deal and staying away. Would they be a team that would let him play both sports?

    Seems to me you can't play both in this age, unless basketball is sort of a post-season hobby. If you go to a serious fb school, you're committed to fb until Christmas or New Year, and the bb team is around 11 weeks through the season, and you have to be integrated as a new player. I suppose a basketball coach would go through that aggravation if a player is good enough, but it would certainly be a headache, and it seems like for most players it would take most or all of January to get up to basketball speed.

  5. #880
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Seems to me you can't play both in this age, unless basketball is sort of a post-season hobby. If you go to a serious fb school, you're committed to fb until Christmas or New Year, and the bb team is around 11 weeks through the season, and you have to be integrated as a new player. I suppose a basketball coach would go through that aggravation if a player is good enough, but it would certainly be a headache, and it seems like for most players it would take most or all of January to get up to basketball speed.
    He's also not a high enough rated QB to play at FSU. FSU is usually able to draw top 5 star level QB's to there football program. Jalen would be good enough to start at a place like Iowa and Iowa St.

  6. #881
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Paul Biancardi: Jalen Suggs was the only new prospect to move into the top 10 for 2020, vaulting from No. 12 to No. 6 after an outstanding summer. Suggs has major bounce, plays with fierce intensity, provides leadership, can score from anywhere and can find the open man in a moment's notice.

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...layer-rankings

  7. #882
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,007

  8. #883
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    I think I saw a torn groin flash before my eyes. Maybe he hasn't committed cause he does want to give a fan base a heart attack every time he gets hit.

  9. #884
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    https://twitter.com/MREZsports/statu...85675123531776

    Sweet Alley-opp to Jalen Suggs at the beginning of this clip.

  10. #885
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Here is another Overtime football clip. Not really relevant but whatever.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJStLpu7cFk

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Here is another Overtime football clip. Not really relevant but whatever.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJStLpu7cFk
    I love it! Seeing how athletic he is is great!

  12. #887
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,007

    Default

    The 17U All American Team

    Jalen Suggs of Grassroots Sizzle. Jalen was named the Under Armour Association Player of the Year finishing second in scoring and assists in UAA play while also grabbing a top ten level total on the glass. Jalen finished 53 percent of his attempts from the guard position and had a top five total from the foul line in UAA. His team made the UAA quarters and was top 25 all season long overall.


    https://www.prephoops.com/2019/08/th...american-team/

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,958

    Default

    Really good kid.love to have him with Julian and Dom but wow tough trio puts us over n the top 3 especially with our bigs w coming back!

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    spokane
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Florida State has offered 2020 5-Star CG Jalen Suggs, and 2021 5-Star C Chet Holmgren. Very late offer from Florida State.
    If you missed the main course odds are the appetizers are gone as well...

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin N GUice View Post
    If you missed the main course odds are the appetizers are gone as well...
    I have now seen enough of Jalen Suggs to definitively say that he will be a 1st Round NBA Lottery pick in the 2021 Draft. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see him after playing for the Zags for one year and learning from Mark/Tommy's system that he moves into the top 5 picks selected. This Gonzaga class is absolutely insane with the level of talent they have assembled. I also think for the first time ever that Gonzaga will have more players drafted in the 1st round of the NBA draft in 2021 than than that of Duke/UK/UNC. Suggs/Ballo alone have all the makings to be one of the deadliest high low combos since Chris Jackson & Stanley Roberts/Shaq.

  16. #891
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Come on down Mr. Suggs, stay 2 years and bring your buddy Chet with you.

  17. #892
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Come on down Mr. Suggs, stay 2 years and bring your buddy Chet with you.
    But first commit and then join Dom and Julian in recruiting Walker.

  18. #893
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    But first commit and then join Dom and Julian in recruiting Walker.
    Good point. How true. Let me add, bring home that NCAA title.

  19. #894
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Gotta keep both fingers crossed he commits and doesn’t get hurt playing football or basketball this year!

  20. #895
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Suggs plays Defense FB


    ·
    1h
    JALEN SUGGS WITH THE PICK-SIX ��
    @JalenSuggs2020

    check out the video:

    https://twitter.com/MakePlayz_/statu...22672060178432

    He's got some skills!!!
    Last edited by GLJake; 08-30-2019 at 08:00 PM.

  21. #896
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,118

  22. #897
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Must be getting real slow on the recruiting trail....

  23. #898
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Sounds like an unofficial official announcement to me!


    Jalen Suggs
    @JalenSuggs2020
    ·
    3m
    Tricky trio on the way... Spokane what’s good‼️🤷🏽#♂️
    @DominickHarri2

    @JulianStrawther
    Quote Tweet

    Dominick Harris 🦹🏾#♂️
    @DominickHarri2
    · 14m
    official visit October 5th gang? 👀 @JulianStrawther @JalenSuggs2020

  24. #899
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    16,882

    Default

    So cool!

  25. #900
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Not Dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by GLJake View Post
    Sounds like an unofficial official announcement to me!


    Jalen Suggs
    @JalenSuggs2020
    ·
    3m
    Tricky trio on the way... Spokane what’s good‼️🤷🏽#♂️
    @DominickHarri2

    @JulianStrawther
    Quote Tweet

    Dominick Harris 🦹🏾#♂️
    @DominickHarri2
    · 14m
    official visit October 5th gang? 👀 @JulianStrawther @JalenSuggs2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •