Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1850

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Jalen and SMB lose a crusher in overtime, 22-21.

Jalen threw a clutch touchdown on 3rd down on his team's OT possession, but Rocori scored an equally clutch 4th and goal TD from the 15, followed by a two point conversion for the win.

Jalen's emotion at the end of the game reminded me of Adam Morrison, who reminds us that it shows how much a player cares. That's what I want in a Zag, a guy who is competitive, focused, passionate and cares.

Now that football is over...and rather than search the last 10 pages on this thread...when do we expect this kid to make a decision so we can finally move on?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Now that football is over...and rather than search the last 10 pages on this thread...when do we expect this kid to make a decision so we can finally move on?
    January 4th is the day I believe he said he plans to announce.

He’s announcing January 4th. He wanted to focus on his last ride in football first, which I totally respect.

Also, I can’t figure out how to do it, but someone should probably post the tiptonedits picture Jalen just re-posted on his Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    . , but if you think any NBA team is taking him as a lottery pick with those numbers you're outta your damn mind. .
    This is simply wrong on a couple of levels.

First, his stats in Australia are pretty solid considering he 18 yrs old playing against grown a$$ men.

Secondly, NBA GM's are looking at what a player can become when they draft, not what they are at that point in time. They want a player that can help them early in their career, but will blossom in about 2 to 3 years. Other than the top 2 or 3 picks in the draft, most lottery guys are not even expected to be starters. With that being said NBA gms are looking at how he deals with the physicality, his athleticism, shot mechanics, etc. His stats are his stas but that isnt as important as their eye test when they see him play.

Lastly, take a look at Brandon Jennings (horrible, horrible stats in pro year) ended up lottery pick and Muddiay (stats similar to Hampton but in much weaker Chinese league) and he went 5th overall. Your comment that poor stats overseas will kill your chances at being a high pick simply isnt true.

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    He’s announcing January 4th. He wanted to focus on his last ride in football first, which I totally respect.

Also, I can’t figure out how to do it, but someone should probably post the tiptonedits picture Jalen just re-posted on his Instagram.
    Here is the tiptonedits repost from instagram.

Also at the bottom of this article from the St Paul Pioneer Press there is a brief mention of Jalen Suggs & Chet Holmgren and Gonzaga.

[IMG] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9eb1d92027.jpg[IMG]

https://www.twincities.com/2019/11/3...make-playoffs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    This is simply wrong on a couple of levels.

First, his stats in Australia are pretty solid considering he 18 yrs old playing against grown a$$ men.

Secondly, NBA GM's are looking at what a player can become when they draft, not what they are at that point in time. They want a player that can help them early in their career, but will blossom in about 2 to 3 years. Other than the top 2 or 3 picks in the draft, most lottery guys are not even expected to be starters. With that being said NBA gms are looking at how he deals with the physicality, his athleticism, shot mechanics, etc. His stats are his stas but that isnt as important as their eye test when they see him play.

Lastly, take a look at Brandon Jennings (horrible, horrible stats in pro year) ended up lottery pick and Muddiay (stats similar to Hampton but in much weaker Chinese league) and he went 5th overall. Your comment that poor stats overseas will kill your chances at being a high pick simply isnt true.
    This is entirely correct. I would add that once they establish in their minds what the kid's mechanics, Athleticism, etc. are, they look at their bodies to project what their trainers and nutritionists will have to work with to mold into a mature product.

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Here is the tiptonedits repost from instagram.

Also at the bottom of this article from the St Paul Pioneer Press there is a brief mention of Jalen Suggs & Chet Holmgren and Gonzaga.

[IMG] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9eb1d92027.jpg[IMG]

https://www.twincities.com/2019/11/3...make-playoffs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, GuZag2012!

To be clear, the caption from tiptonedits when they posted this picture was "WhatIf" so this is definitely not an announcement. Announcement coming January 4th.

Thank you for the twincities.com link as well, which suggests optimism for the Minnesota recruits to become the 2 highest ranked recruits to ever come to Gonzaga. My dream scenario.

When will January 4th get here?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In 34 days!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    In 34 days!
    Sorry, but I think it's 33 days!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

I think next year (2020) it will be coming right after January 3rd.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Sorry, but I think it's 33 days!
    32 Days
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Tick tock!!!! One month away...

Cool

Kiddwell was thinking "December 4th." Today. O, well...another month's not too long.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

27 Days and counting

MileHigh a voice of knowledge....experience...... and reason...

Courtside Films
    @CourtsideFilms
    · 13h
    A smooth 22 points tonight for top 5 player in the country Jalen Suggs!
    @JalenSuggs2020

RJ Hampton Out 4 Weeks With Hip Injury

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...medium=twitter

Jalen Suggs liked
    Haley Comments
    @HaleyComments
    ·
    4h
    Repping the
    @JalenSuggs2020
    Minnehaha shirt in Tucson before the game. Past, present and future, Zag fam is 1 of a kind.

- now at 1,296 comments, and about 224,400 views.
    - my guess is by around January 6, we will be over 1,500 and 250,000.

- for the old timers or stat freaks, this must be a record of some kind, a thread about a solitary single player, one who is not even on the team, or committed yet.

It can’t hurt to have Zags at #6 and winning the PAC-12.

I expect ESPN to show the outdoor viewing party under the Expo Pavilion (remodeled) during the UNC game. It should look like more evidence of Spokane being a hoops crazy town that looks forward to Jalen’s arrival!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jalen Suggs liked
    Haley Comments
    @HaleyComments
    ·
    4h
    Repping the
    @JalenSuggs2020
    Minnehaha shirt in Tucson before the game. Past, present and future, Zag fam is 1 of a kind.
    Who’s Haley?

Zag fan who wore Suggs Minnehaha jersey to the Gonzaga game against Arizona ---Suggs taking the time to like her picture and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    It can’t hurt to have Zags at #6 and winning the PAC-12.

I expect ESPN to show the outdoor viewing party under the Expo Pavilion (remodeled) during the UNC game. It should look like more evidence of Spokane being a hoops crazy town that looks forward to Jalen’s arrival!!!
    Heck, it can't hurt even more with GU ranked #2/3 in the polls!

19 Days before we receive our best Christmas present ever!!!