X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

From what I have been hearing Suggs will likely sign in the early signing period. The hope is all three are on campus for UNC, but right now the biggest conflict is Julian not Jalen. Sounds like it will happen though.

Comment

• Kiddwell
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I hope, I hope

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      From what I have been hearing Suggs will likely sign in the early signing period. The hope is all three are on campus for UNC, but right now the biggest conflict is Julian not Jalen. Sounds like it will happen though.
      Sure hope you meant "signing with the Zags," Caldwell.

:]
      Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        I assume you mean conflict with respect to a campus visit.

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

David Sisk
          @CoachDavidSisk
          ·
          3h
          Congrats to Jalen Suggs for picking up another MVP Award. This time he was named the top male athlete at the Steph Curry Camp.
          @JalenSuggs2020

@grassrootshoops

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
            David Sisk
            @CoachDavidSisk
            ·
            3h
            Congrats to Jalen Suggs for picking up another MVP Award. This time he was named the top male athlete at the Steph Curry Camp.
            @JalenSuggs2020

@grassrootshoops
            On the negative side tho
            RJ Davis broke Jalen Suggs ankles and @StephenCurry30 couldnt believe it

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Jul 2019

This will cheer you up

Comment

• phxfireflames
                Kennel Club Material
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
                On the negative side tho
                RJ Davis broke Jalen Suggs ankles and @StephenCurry30 couldnt believe it
                https://twitter.com/957thegame/statu...865728/video/1
                If you play ball, you know that is not an ankle breaker.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

The move wasn’t particularly quick. I wonder if he stepped on Suggs’ shoe.

Comment

• JAGzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

He clearly tripped.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Jul 2019

Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren have both been invited to the SLAM All-Star Game in New York City next weekend.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Jalen Suggs BODIES A Football AND Basketball Overtime Challenge! Best Athlete In The Country?

Jalen Suggs Sneaker Closet ►► https://ovrt.me/2LjnD5SWe Crashed Jalen's CRAZY BDAY ►► https://ovrt.me/2ZdR4h6Get OT Apparel ►► https://ovrt.me/2OG5RbBWe've b...

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

In his "DON'T PRINT THAT" section his column at the Pioneer Press, Charley Walters writes that Suggs " will commit to Gonzaga for basketball, but isn’t ready to announce because that would eliminate an invitation to the Under Armour All-America football game in Orlando, Fla., in January."

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                            I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...
                            The article linked above, dated July 8th, includes following direct quote from Suggs:

”I would say Gonzaga has really prioritized me a lot. They’re definitely at the top of the charts, I talk to the coaching staff almost every day, I talk to Dom [Harris] and Julian [Strawther], who are two recruits who have committed there for 2020, almost every day," Suggs said.

"We’re best friends, I definitely think they’re at the top, and Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa State, Iowa, there’s a lot of schools. Michigan has really emerged, Juwan Howard has talked to me a lot recently. Those schools are still in it as well, so I don’t really have a definitive answer right now but coming soon I will for sure."
                            Coming soon I will for sure yet here we are almost 6 weeks later and nada. My sense is he still does not know which sport he wants to pursue. Like many great athletes, he probably believes football is his favorite and best sport during football season yet basketball becomes his favorite and best sport during basketball season. It’s sucks he probably has to pick one over the other, but definitely a luxury problem for him.

Longer his decision is delayed the more likely he ultimately chooses football imo, because football practice is underway by now so he is in the “football is my favorite best sport” part of the year. If he is in fact leaning toward hoops, hopefully at Gonzaga, I find it hard to believe delaying going public with his choice is simply about wanting to play in an UnderArmour All Star football game in January. IF that is his rationale, sounds like a good strategy for a player wanting to secure more football scholarship offers.

In short, I wish Jalen Suggs only the best and hope he #ZagsUp but I’m not at all convinced he will. What and who is Zags’ plan B @ PG for 2020 and beyond? All these great bigs on the roster deserve a great PG. Maybe Ravet becomes just that, but w NCAA considering tightening up the grad transfer rules it seems to me Zags need a traditional freshman PG recruit plan B asap.

Guess a grad transfer PG in 2020 remains a viable Plan B option: http://http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adjusts-transfer-rules
                            Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 08-20-2019, 02:10 AM.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                                July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.
                                There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X