Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Don Showalter

@dshow23
    1h1 hour ago
    More Don Showalter Retweeted USABJNT
    Jalen is as tough of player as I have coached with the U16-17 teams - 2X USA Basketball Gold Medalist! A gamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Don Showalter

@dshow23
    1h1 hour ago
    More Don Showalter Retweeted USABJNT
    Jalen is as tough of player as I have coached with the U16-17 teams - 2X USA Basketball Gold Medalist! A gamer!

That's nice and everything, but it just feels like the more plaudits he gets, the more he drifts into the land of the Uber Blue Bloods.

Article with Jalen discussing his recruitment posted today:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/18/...s-recruitment/

If no others schools truly bubble up late in the game, I feel good about our chances vs. Marquette and Minnesota - although they are closer to home for Jalen. I may have missed it but this appears to be the first time I heard Michigan and Juwan Howard really mentioned. NBA to college coaches appear to do well with recruiting even if their actual on-court/development success is suspect (or in Juwan Howard's case speculative). I saw somewhere else Suggs wanted to commit in July so it may be a bit late for a non-Duke/UNC/UK to bubble up now but things can change quickly I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post

If no others schools truly bubble up late in the game, I feel good about our chances vs. Marquette and Minnesota - although they are closer to home for Jalen. I may have missed it but this appears to be the first time I heard Michigan and Juwan Howard really mentioned. NBA to college coaches appear to do well with recruiting even if their actual on-court/development success is suspect (or in Juwan Howard's case speculative). I saw somewhere else Suggs wanted to commit in July so it may be a bit late for a non-Duke/UNC/UK to bubble up now but things can change quickly I suppose.
    That article certainly sounds like he might be leaning GU.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I like this--

"In terms of visits, Suggs is working to plan an official to Gonzaga with commits Dominick Harris and Julian Strawther."

On the contrary this certainly seems like he’s drifting away and opening up his recruitment. The last time we heard from Coldwell he made it seem as if he was in the fold.

It ain't in the bag until it is in the bag.....true also for snipes....if you are slow closing the bag....they are gone off to another bag...….

Clear Gonzaga lean.

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post

This is why one of the first moves Howard made when he got to Michigan was to hire Phil Martelli. Smart. A big part of the reason why Kevin Ollie won a national title at UConn is that he hired experienced, D-1 head coaches to "teach" him how to be a head coach at the college level. Especially when it comes to X's and O's, and the finer points of recruiting that go beyond just being able to land a recruit because you are a big name. The problem is that by the time his assistants left, Ollie didn't develop enough as coach. The question is whether Howard will.

I would like GU's chances to land Suggs over Michigan. Too many unknowns with Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    This is why one of the first moves Howard made when he got to Michigan was to hire Phil Martelli. Smart. A big part of the reason why Kevin Ollie won a national title at UConn is that he hired experienced, D-1 head coaches to "teach" him how to be a head coach at the college level. Especially when it comes to X's and O's, and the finer points of recruiting that go beyond just being able to land a recruit because you are a big name. The problem is that by the time his assistants left, Ollie didn't develop enough as coach. The question is whether Howard will.

I would like GU's chances to land Suggs over Michigan. Too many unknowns with Howard.
    Ollie learned so much from those wily old vets about recruiting that he ended up getting fired for recruiting violations.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That's nice and everything, but it just feels like the more plaudits he gets, the more he drifts into the land of the Uber Blue Bloods.
    There is nothing I've read about Jalen Suggs to indicate he is drifting anywhere.... he seems well grounded in his belief system and I think he knows he will flourish in the positive environment that is Gonzaga.... looking forward to his commitment.... and his time at GU.... with Harris and Strawther.... the best is yet to come....

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    There is nothing I've read about Jalen Suggs to indicate he is drifting anywhere.... he seems well grounded in his belief system and I think he knows he will flourish in the positive environment that is Gonzaga.... looking forward to his commitment.... and his time at GU.... with Harris and Strawther.... the best is yet to come....

Go!! Zags!!!
    It also cannot hurt that he is getting to know Anton quite well in Colorado Springs! He already has Dominic and Julian in his corner and I’m sure he and Watson are talking and will continue building a friendship.

the first "futurecast" (rivals' version of 247's crystal ball) for suggs came yesterday. corey evans, who is one of their top guys and sports an 85% hit rate, predicts he'll be a zag. link.

i don't know much about much, personally... but the people who do seem to be pretty consistent in how they're reading the tea leaves here.

...and we just picked up another crystal ball on 247. not sure if you're supposed to be able to tell who it is without paying, but it's not a big or well-known analyst...

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    ...and we just picked up another crystal ball on 247. not sure if you're supposed to be able to tell who it is without paying, but it's not a big or well-known analyst...
    SD, I don’t see that. PS, still sunless.

Gershon picked GU 0n 05/04...today it was Mark Miller from Badger 247....

Go !! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Suggs made U-19 national team. Congrats! Watson and Kessler left off. Nonsense Watson didn’t make it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    SD, I don’t see that. PS, still sunless.
    but the forecast is sure looking up... just maybe not on our ideal timeline (i.e. today or tomorrow).

been here for awhile now, and one of the constants has been that the sun is never gone for long.

I read this and thought of Jazz---- is that wrong?

https://realfarmacy.com/people-who-c...-2giISf9CPzFZw

Evidently, you’ve never spent time in New York City. Kvetching is a healthy thing.

Maybe thin skin is at least as much of a health hazard. ��

Things are looking more and more like a Zag commitment. Hearing it won't come until later than expected, but now Corey Evans is saying Zags are in a great spot. National media starting to catch up on his recruitment.

Really like what the talent evaluators said about him at the Team USA U19 trials. Especially when it comes to his relentless motor, toughness and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Things are looking more and more like a Zag commitment. Hearing it won't come until later than expected, but now Corey Evans is saying Zags are in a great spot. National media starting to catch up on his recruitment.
    So good to have you back, caldwellzag.

Jalen Suggs is going to be a pivotal commitment, transforming our reputation from developing bigs for the NBA, to developing great people and great competitors for the NBA regardless of position.

Suggs is going to be a star for years to come, long after his college career.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Maybe thin skin is at least as much of a health hazard. ��
    Guys, enough already...leave the man alone...if you do not like his posts then don't read them or just hit the ignore button...