Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - this years game is set for 1-2-2020
    - last year's participants were announced around november.
    - my "guess" is jalen will announce he is coming to gonzaga, sometime after he has been invited to this all-star game, and after his high school 'league season' is over. concentrating on his last season of football.
    - again just a guess, late November or early December, before the football all-star game. that way he can focus on the game, having fun, instead of fielding the same question 15 time a day,... what's it going to be, football or basketball or both?
    Ok then, I'll check back after Halloween and see if we have a new Zag...have a great Labor Day and Columbus Day...C U LATAR...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I would expect news on Suggs in 2-5 months. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Good or bad. I say good.
    This.

Jalen kicked off football practice this week. His focus is football right now as he is the starting QB on a team which moved up a Division this season (from 2A to 3A).

He even skipped/missed a Gopher bball practice he was planning to attend with Chet & other local recruits, stating football was the reason.

Dont expect any news from now until he visits in November. Suggs genuinely cares about both sports, and a couple regional schools offered him in both. While I don't expect him to go this route, it's still his last season. Hopefully it's the "closure" he needs for football, and to concentrate on basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    This.

Jalen kicked off football practice this week.

Dont expect any news from now until he visits in November. Suggs genuinely cares about both sports, and a couple regional schools offered him in both. While I don't expect him to go this route, it's still his last season. Hopefully it's the "closure" he needs for football, and to concentrate on basketball.
    Thought I read he would likely visit GU in December, along with Dom & Julian, for the matchup vs UNC

Wish that the UNC game were taking place when school was in session.

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Thought I read he would likely visit GU in December, along with Dom & Julian, for the matchup vs UNC
    That's the visit I was referring to

Not sure when he will announce a decision yet I do know he is fully focused on football at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    That's the visit I was referring to

Not sure when he will announce a decision yet I do know he is fully focused on football at the moment
    The visit to GU in December, along with Dom & Julian would be the NC game. Suggs will have a HS football game the night before. Going to be tough to make it.

Edit. If Minnehaha Academy is in the playoffs.

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    The visit to GU in December, along with Dom & Julian would be the NC game. Suggs will have a HS football game the night before. Going to be tough to make it.

Edit. If Minnehaha Academy is in the playoffs.

Just to clarify some of this information...Suggs will not have a football game the night before the Gonzaga-UNC Basketball game. The MSHSL Prep Bowl for Football will take place on November 30th at US Bank Stadium where Suggs and his SMB Wolfpack team will look to repeat as Class AAAA Champions.

Suggs basketball team is moving up a classification from Class AA to Class AAA this year. They should be one of the most dominant teams in Minnesota State History as they add two high level transfers with D1 offers in Terry Lockett and Chase Carter to go along with Suggs, Holmgren, Prince Aligbe as well as the top football recruit in MN Kaden Johnson. It's possible Suggs might have a basketball game the night before the GU-UNC game but I couldn't find it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GuZag2012; 08-05-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I think you are probably right....if the kid really wants to come to Gonzaga he would have committed long ago.....as for the page views.... I am amazed at that amount of interest …..I have never noticed that volume before....

It is just my projection on life that decisions like this are made intuitively …..and quickly....
    I agree with you about the life decisions. However by saying Jalen Suggs would have announced GU was his school a long time ago by now if he was really coming doesn't make much sense to me! He hasn't committed to any school that is recruiting him, so i guess that means he isn't going to any of those schools either? He is a kid, this is 100% his last year in football and doesn't want to do anything to tarnish that! He has already made up his mind where he is going, just doesn't want it to change how he has prepared for football season. If he commits before football season everyone would be all over him for playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Just to clarify some of this information...Suggs will not have a football game the night before the Gonzaga-UNC Basketball game. The MSHSL Prep Bowl for Football will take place on November 30th at US Bank Stadium where Suggs and his SMB Wolfpack team will look to repeat as Class AAAA Champions.

FWIW, I plan to attend a couple SMB FB games this season with Zag attire on and poster in hand. Just for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post

Suggs basketball team is moving up a classification from Class AA to Class AAA this year. They should be one of the most dominant teams in Minnesota State History as they add two high level transfers with D1 offers in Terry Lockett and Chase Carter to go along with Suggs, Holmgren, Prince Aligbe as well as the top football recruit in MN Karen Johnson. It's possible Suggs might have a basketball game the night before the GU-UNC game but I couldn't find it online.

That's right, he has a Basketball game the night before. Not sure why I said Football. I even posted he had a BB game the night before a few months ago. My bad.

From what I have been hearing Suggs will likely sign in the early signing period. The hope is all three are on campus for UNC, but right now the biggest conflict is Julian not Jalen. Sounds like it will happen though.

Cool I hope, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    From what I have been hearing Suggs will likely sign in the early signing period. The hope is all three are on campus for UNC, but right now the biggest conflict is Julian not Jalen. Sounds like it will happen though.
    Sure hope you meant "signing with the Zags," Caldwell.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I assume you mean conflict with respect to a campus visit.

David Sisk
    @CoachDavidSisk
    ·
    3h
    Congrats to Jalen Suggs for picking up another MVP Award. This time he was named the top male athlete at the Steph Curry Camp.
    @JalenSuggs2020

@grassrootshoops

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    David Sisk
    @CoachDavidSisk
    ·
    3h
    Congrats to Jalen Suggs for picking up another MVP Award. This time he was named the top male athlete at the Steph Curry Camp.
    @JalenSuggs2020

@grassrootshoops
    On the negative side tho
    RJ Davis broke Jalen Suggs ankles and @StephenCurry30 couldnt believe it
    https://twitter.com/957thegame/statu...865728/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    On the negative side tho
    RJ Davis broke Jalen Suggs ankles and @StephenCurry30 couldnt believe it
    https://twitter.com/957thegame/statu...865728/video/1
    If you play ball, you know that is not an ankle breaker.

The move wasn’t particularly quick. I wonder if he stepped on Suggs’ shoe.

He clearly tripped.

Exclamation

Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren have both been invited to the SLAM All-Star Game in New York City next weekend.

https://twitter.com/CoachDavidSisk

Jalen Suggs BODIES A Football AND Basketball Overtime Challenge! Best Athlete In The Country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCII...ature=youtu.be

I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

In his "DON'T PRINT THAT" section his column at the Pioneer Press, Charley Walters writes that Suggs " will commit to Gonzaga for basketball, but isn’t ready to announce because that would eliminate an invitation to the Under Armour All-America football game in Orlando, Fla., in January."
    https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ded-to-gonzaga

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ded-to-gonzaga

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...
    The article linked above, dated July 8th, includes following direct quote from Suggs:

”I would say Gonzaga has really prioritized me a lot. They’re definitely at the top of the charts, I talk to the coaching staff almost every day, I talk to Dom [Harris] and Julian [Strawther], who are two recruits who have committed there for 2020, almost every day," Suggs said.

"We’re best friends, I definitely think they’re at the top, and Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa State, Iowa, there’s a lot of schools. Michigan has really emerged, Juwan Howard has talked to me a lot recently. Those schools are still in it as well, so I don’t really have a definitive answer right now but coming soon I will for sure."
    Coming soon I will for sure yet here we are almost 6 weeks later and nada. My sense is he still does not know which sport he wants to pursue. Like many great athletes, he probably believes football is his favorite and best sport during football season yet basketball becomes his favorite and best sport during basketball season. It’s sucks he probably has to pick one over the other, but definitely a luxury problem for him.

Longer his decision is delayed the more likely he ultimately chooses football imo, because football practice is underway by now so he is in the “football is my favorite best sport” part of the year. If he is in fact leaning toward hoops, hopefully at Gonzaga, I find it hard to believe delaying going public with his choice is simply about wanting to play in an UnderArmour All Star football game in January. IF that is his rationale, sounds like a good strategy for a player wanting to secure more football scholarship offers.

In short, I wish Jalen Suggs only the best and hope he #ZagsUp but I’m not at all convinced he will. What and who is Zags’ plan B @ PG for 2020 and beyond? All these great bigs on the roster deserve a great PG. Maybe Ravet becomes just that, but w NCAA considering tightening up the grad transfer rules it seems to me Zags need a traditional freshman PG recruit plan B asap.

Guess a grad transfer PG in 2020 remains a viable Plan B option: http://http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adjusts-transfer-rules
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 08-20-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.
    There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.