Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Jalen Suggs BODIES A Football AND Basketball Overtime Challenge! Best Athlete In The Country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCII...ature=youtu.be

I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

In his "DON'T PRINT THAT" section his column at the Pioneer Press, Charley Walters writes that Suggs " will commit to Gonzaga for basketball, but isn’t ready to announce because that would eliminate an invitation to the Under Armour All-America football game in Orlando, Fla., in January."
    https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ded-to-gonzaga

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I hadn't read the following take on his situation until just now, so please disregard if this is old:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ded-to-gonzaga

The rationale makes sense. Then it's a matter of the reliability of the source-- Charlie Walters at Pioneer Press-- who I don't know anything about...
    The article linked above, dated July 8th, includes following direct quote from Suggs:

”I would say Gonzaga has really prioritized me a lot. They’re definitely at the top of the charts, I talk to the coaching staff almost every day, I talk to Dom [Harris] and Julian [Strawther], who are two recruits who have committed there for 2020, almost every day," Suggs said.

"We’re best friends, I definitely think they’re at the top, and Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa State, Iowa, there’s a lot of schools. Michigan has really emerged, Juwan Howard has talked to me a lot recently. Those schools are still in it as well, so I don’t really have a definitive answer right now but coming soon I will for sure."
    Coming soon I will for sure yet here we are almost 6 weeks later and nada. My sense is he still does not know which sport he wants to pursue. Like many great athletes, he probably believes football is his favorite and best sport during football season yet basketball becomes his favorite and best sport during basketball season. It’s sucks he probably has to pick one over the other, but definitely a luxury problem for him.

Longer his decision is delayed the more likely he ultimately chooses football imo, because football practice is underway by now so he is in the “football is my favorite best sport” part of the year. If he is in fact leaning toward hoops, hopefully at Gonzaga, I find it hard to believe delaying going public with his choice is simply about wanting to play in an UnderArmour All Star football game in January. IF that is his rationale, sounds like a good strategy for a player wanting to secure more football scholarship offers.

In short, I wish Jalen Suggs only the best and hope he #ZagsUp but I’m not at all convinced he will. What and who is Zags’ plan B @ PG for 2020 and beyond? All these great bigs on the roster deserve a great PG. Maybe Ravet becomes just that, but w NCAA considering tightening up the grad transfer rules it seems to me Zags need a traditional freshman PG recruit plan B asap.

Guess a grad transfer PG in 2020 remains a viable Plan B option: http://http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adjusts-transfer-rules
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 08-20-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    July 8th is a looooong time ago. Many new suitors have since popped the question. My money is on Big Blue.
    There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    There is only one suitor left for Suggs and that is GU. Every other school knows that and everyone in the know is on the same page that Suggs will commit to GU in the early signing period. There are some logistics on why he has not committed yet, but nothing to worry about guys. Our 2020 PG will be the one and only Jalen Suggs.
    Let's goooooo!!!!!

I have been waiting for this message for a long time. I also know my level of excitement about this message will not be dulled even the smallest amount by a poster that literally has zero insight into Gonzaga recruiting.

Wow talk about a prediction!! Jazz is never gonna let this one go if Suggs slips. That being said I completely agree.

"Suggs who is actually an outstanding football player as well tells me he is “Strictly focused on football” as of now. He does want to take some visits though when he finds some time. “I want to get back to Gonzaga, want to get to Florida, and Iowa State too”."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/08/20/j...ball-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    "Suggs who is actually an outstanding football player as well tells me he is “Strictly focused on football” as of now. He does want to take some visits though when he finds some time. “I want to get back to Gonzaga, want to get to Florida, and Iowa State too”."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/08/20/j...ball-and-more/
    Hmmm....where did Florida come from? That's new...

We already lost Nembhard to Florida, not Suggs too...

I mentioned Iowa St as a dark horse a few months ago, some of the local Minnesota guys were convinced it would be one of the Iowa schools as both offered him both sports to play.

I won't share the exact quote but the Minnesota Gophers insiders on their 247 site basically said late last week Suggs is a lock to Gonzaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hearing the same as Caldwell. Nothing else need be said in this post.

I think it was the Great Yogi that said....it ain't over till it is over......

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Can I add Suggs was moved up to 6th in ESPN's 100 and was mentioned as having a great summer today.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    It's interesting that everyone who has any sort of source is sure Suggs is coming to GU, and the people who continue to doubt are those who have nothing to go on other than their own feelings.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    It's interesting that everyone who has any sort of source is sure Suggs is coming to GU, and the people who continue to doubt are those who have nothing to go on other than their own feelings.
    In many ways, I’ve found, that’s a microcosm of life. The loudest are not often the wisest. Ironically, they have strong opinions about most things.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Wow talk about a prediction!! Jazz is never gonna let this one go if Suggs slips. That being said I completely agree.
    After Suggs’ GU comment, if history is any indicator, Jazz will just move on unaffected to his next piss pot.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Skepticism has its place in the Whelping Box and based on the way that Suggs has led his mysterious and unorthodox recruiting people should be. Here are some big reasons to be skeptical

-Several months ago Suggs released a unofficial (which was taken to be some what official by the bloggers) short list that included Gonzaga, Miss St, Marquette, and Minnesota. Now recently the 4 schools that are being mentioned with Suggs are Gonzaga, Iowa St., Minnesota, and out of nowhere Florida. This is very uncharacteristic for a recruit to radically change his short list this much.
    -Florida has come on late to Gonzaga recruits and got them before.
    -Suggs gave a tentative date of early August of when he was going to commit back during the FIBA tournament. Now the official word is he will commit when he feels ready.
    -Suggs is a dual sport athlete who has yet to officially announce if he is giving up a sport or pursuing both.
    -Suggs has only taken one official visit (Gonzaga feb 9) and is still hesitant to make a decision without other official visits lined up.

Ultimately I think that Suggs in Gonzaga's recruit to lose, but I know several people that are close to the staff that are more nervous then they were 2 months ago. They are obviously optimistic on our chances but suggs isn't a done deal till he commits.

I believe I have found a market here for my Greenland Waterfront Condo Project....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I believe I have found a market here for my Greenland Waterfront Condo Project....
    Just have to wait for Trump to finish his Greenland purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Sign me up for anything on the ground floor, bart.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Just have to wait for Trump to finish his Greenland purchase.
    Glacier-front property is increasingly hard to come by.

It’s in liquidation .....
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    It’s in liquidation .....
    I see what you did there

Cool Pretty Encouraging News!

Thanks, Caldwell. Feeling very good about Suggs.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Yes, i’ve noticed that too...just seems to be melting away