• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotoriousZ
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    When you stop printing shirts celebrating a #1 ranking

Hey I still have the first one of those in my work t-shirt rotation (the year of Olynyk).
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• zagfan24
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2008

When the Zags are #1, and you read the comment sections below the various power rankings, and none (or very few) of the complaints are about the GU.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

When people on message boards for P5 teams come to your defense against trolls on their own board.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• JohnOGU
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2008

When beating Duke and UNC in the same season seems very realistic and almost expected.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
            When people on message boards for P5 teams come to your defense against trolls on their own board.
            I really like this one. We no longer need emissaries from this board to post on opponents' forums to dis-spell myths, the opponent board members do it for us.
            The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• raise the zag
              Zag for Life
              • May 2011

When you are the "game of year" for anyone you play, not named Duke, Kansas, UNC, or Kentucky.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

When your team has gone to more consecutive tournaments in a row than John Wooden took UCLA to, cumulatively, in his entire career.

This means we arrived 3 seasons ago FYI.

As an aside, and not to thread-jack, but what is the record for most consecutive NCAA tournament appearances in a row by a coach? Does anyone have this? I am aware of the longer streaks of teams (Kansas, Duke, Arizona), but both Kansas and Arizona were coached by different coaches during their runs. Is the 1996-present streak by coach K the longest in the history of the tournament? If so I like Few's chances of one day catching him given their age difference).

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

When one of the talking heads in the studio pregame comments: “This isn’t just a huge opportunity for Creighton. If they beat Gonzaga it legitimizes the whole Big East conference.”
                  Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• krozman
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2008

When your fan forum board, instead of being happy about their team's status in life, starts to seriously worry about their defense, because "if that's not shored up, we might not win a national title."
                    Krozman
                    GU student 1996-2000
                    Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Zagceo
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

^
                      When your Superstar said NO THANKS ARIZONA! I'm a ZAG!

Comment

• Zagsker
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tinfoilzag View Post
                        Duke fans complaining that GU gets preferential treatment from the refs.
                        Winner
                        I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• Zagsker
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
                          When your team has gone to more consecutive tournaments in a row than John Wooden took UCLA to, cumulatively, in his entire career.

This means we arrived 3 seasons ago FYI.

As an aside, and not to thread-jack, but what is the record for most consecutive NCAA tournament appearances in a row by a coach? Does anyone have this? I am aware of the longer streaks of teams (Kansas, Duke, Arizona), but both Kansas and Arizona were coached by different coaches during their runs. Is the 1996-present streak by coach K the longest in the history of the tournament? If so I like Few's chances of one day catching him given their age difference).
                          Duke is at 23 if you count one coach...Few is at 19..Kansas holds current at 29
                          I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• Markburn1
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2015

I'm convinced Few will never relinquish the mindset that there will always be a next level. He built the program that way and will probably never give in to being satisfied about having arrived. Even when he wins a National Championship.

Comment

• Zagger
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

When the point spread in my score predictions is too narrow

Hello, my name is Steve, and I'm an "Aid" drinker.

Comment

• DZ
                                Zag for Life
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                                When your fan forum board, instead of being happy about their team's status in life, starts to seriously worry about their defense, because "if that's not shored up, we might not win a national title."
                                Many good ones proffered, but yours has a little more burn to it.

Also, if the announcers note that we would be a "great win" for both Tenn and UNC to get the No. one seed, that'll be the same.
                                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                                Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X