Top 25 / Other Opponents

#14 Iowa @ #9 Michigan State 3:30pm FS1
    Morgan State @ #4 Virginia 4:00pm ACCN
    Texas Southern @ Georgia 4:00pm SECN
    Troy @ #15 Florida State 5:00pm
    Rutgers @ #22 Wisconsin 5:00pm BTN
    North Dakota State @ Iowa State 5:00pm
    Northwestern State @ Texas A & M 5:00pm SECN
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-03-2018 at 08:24 AM.

I guess Texas Southern is still on tour.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I guess Texas Southern is still on tour.
    they have a doublewide following the bus with teachers?
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    they have a doublewide following the bus with teachers?
    True story, back in the old days of GU football, they traveled by train and a couple of Jebbys would accompany the team so that studies would be covered. Occasionally, they would be on a ten day or so road trip when 2 away games had been scheduled. Pete Higgins told me that way back when.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    True story, back in the old days of GU football, they traveled by train and a couple of Jebbys would accompany the team so that studies would be covered. Occasionally, they would be on a ten day or so road trip when 2 away games had been scheduled. Pete Higgins told me that way back when.
    Cool.

I suspect nowadays with video attachments, email, Word, and "Send" it is much easier to keep up with classes as they happen on campus.

Doesn't mean it's "easy" on those kids for Tex Southern. Those kids seem to be ballers, in it for the right reasons. I hope they make the big dance and get rewarded with a great game or two.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Bump

#18 Iowa 68
    #10 Sparty 90 ("and it weren't that close")
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Pepperdine is playing Cal State Northridge tonight. I think it’s a make up game from the November fires.

Is Cal St Northridge trying to get into the WCC?

Their nonconf schedule includes:
    Pepperdine
    Portland
    Pacific
    San Diego
    LMU

Maybe the WCC was interviewing in case Gonzaga left?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Maybe the WCC was interviewing in case Gonzaga left?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    +1
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Pepp loses by 7.

Texas So. 75
    Georgia 92

No. Dakota St. 59
    Iowa St. 81

Northwestern St. 59
    Texas A & M 80
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Call me old school, bit I think it’s just wrong to see Big Ten conference games this early.

This is the second year they have done this. The Big Ten is now playing a 20 game conference schedule. Other power conferences expected to follow suit.

Not a good trend or development. This is bad for college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Call me old school, bit I think it’s just wrong to see Big Ten conference games this early.

This is the second year they have done this. The Big Ten is now playing a 20 game conference schedule. Other power conferences expected to follow suit.

Not a good trend or development. This is bad for college basketball.
    Agree w you 100%. If conferences continue to expand and follow Big 10 move of lengthening their conference games schedule, it will become very difficult for smaller conference teams to get games scheduled vs big conference opponents.

Too lazy to research this moment; does Big 10 play a schedule of home-and-home games vs every other team in the conference each season, like WCC? Doing so is only fair way to accurately seed teams for conference tournament, but as conferences expand it really chews up the schedule fast.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Agree w you 100%. If conferences continue to expand and follow Big 10 move of lengthening their conference games schedule, it will become very difficult for smaller conference teams to get games scheduled vs big conference opponents.

Too lazy to research this moment; does Big 10 play a schedule of home-and-home games vs every other team in the conference each season, like WCC? Doing so is only fair way to accurately seed teams for conference tournament, but as conferences expand it really chews up the schedule fast.
    The WCC is no longer doing home-and-home. Zags only play both Portland and Pepperdine once each this season.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    The WCC is no longer doing home-and-home. Zags only play both Portland and Pepperdine once each this season.
    Oh yeah, thanks.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Call me old fashion..... but I would much prefer a complete conference schedule.....given that teams are upset...... in a close race there will always be doubt about who.... would of.... could of ….won it.... please...spare me....I have heard all the arguments possible for a unbalanced schedule ...I just have a different opinion …

I understand that the WCC Coaches all seem to be in favor of not having a complete home and home...at least the ones that have expressed a opinion.........I can't believe they want to give up a game with Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I understand that the WCC Coaches all seem to be in favor of not having a complete home and home...at least the ones that have expressed a opinion.........I can't believe they want to give up a game with Gonzaga.
    I was under the impression that this was GU's idea (to try to remedy our RPI problems), and the other schools came along with it as a preferable outcome to nudging us out of the league. Perhaps someone with better sources than mine can sort this out for us?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

The Big 10 is either 14 or 15 members. Even w/ 20 conference games they're still fairly short of playing a complete set of home and home against all the other conference members. As Bart mentions above, declaring a conference champion is kind of pointless when you have a schedule that unbalanced.

Kansas is going to win comfortably, but they trailed wofford 4 minutes into the second half while playing at home. They just squeaked out an OT win against Stanford.

Am I the only one who thinks they are good, but not elite? Hard to imagine Gonzaga, Duke, Michigan, or TN having such difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Kansas is going to win comfortably, but they trailed wofford 4 minutes into the second half while playing at home. They just squeaked out an OT win against Stanford.

Am I the only one who thinks they are good, but not elite? Hard to imagine Gonzaga, Duke, Michigan, or TN having such difficulties.
    Well, they did beat Tennesee