Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games - Sunday - 12. 02. 2018

Only Bill can work a Bob Dylan analogy into the game (Highway 61).

Quote Originally Posted by dazags View Post
    Only Bill can work a Bob Dylan analogy into the game (Highway 61).
    Yeah, I caught the Dylan reference also. Whoever Bill is working with tonight (sorry, did not catch her name), he has her talking about the Grateful Dead as well. Precious little play-by-play announcing going on here. Bill to announcing partner: Did you go to school? Partner: Yes Bill: Where? Partner: Hofstra Bill: I've been to Hofstra.

BTW, LMU's James Batemon (season avg 21.6 pts) only has 1 point at halftime. UCLA by 12...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Lions looked undersized and overmatched with UCLA doubling up LMU 26-13 still in 1st half. Maybe it's the mystique of Pauley Pavilion, but this one could get ugly. Bill Walton doing what he does...sez he wouldn't mind moving to Australia some day. I'm thinkin' a GoFundMe page might solve a lot of problems.
    I would definitely donate to that cause!

Lmu is a second half team. But the stars may not be aligned or the floor may be curiously slippery.

UCLA 82
    LMU 58

BW was in rare form tonight, he starts discussing family with his female broadcast partner who was extremely beautiful, btw, looked like a former Miss America in her late 30's and he says how many children and grandchildren he has and she says, "I could only do three" and he goes, "Children or grandkids" and I nearly spit out my water because you never reference a womans age and she got pissed and said, "Really Bill? I have a 1st grader". I was literally lol in my living room. Talk about foot in mouth disease.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    BW was in rare form tonight, he starts discussing family with his female broadcast partner who was extremely beautiful, btw, looked like a former Miss America in her late 30's and he says how many children and grandchildren he has and she says, "I could only do three" and he goes, "Children or grandkids" and I nearly spit out my water because you never reference a womans age and she got pissed and said, "Really Bill? I have a 1st grader". I was literally lol in my living room. Talk about foot in mouth disease.
    Yeah, it was vintage Walton. The play-by-play announcer was Anne Marie Anderson (that's Anne with an "e"), and you are right, she held her own tonight with Bill (that's Bill with 2 "L's"). I've been an ardent critic of Walton's, but tonight I actually found the banter between the two of them entertaining. Now if they were doing a Zags game together, I wouldn't have cared for it as there was very little commentating about the actual game going on 8 feet away from them.

Here's a photo of Ms. Anderson:
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut