Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Washington - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

102-72 Zags
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

90- 71 Zags

Zags 108
    Huskies 82

Outside of SCU and Eastern games, UW hasn't broken 80 points. Meanwhile Zags lowest output to date is 78 against Illinois. I gotta think if Zags start running and gunning then Huskies just don't have the firepower to keep up. I expect Zags to kill them with a ton of transition so they can't get into the zone D. That being said, I think UW does everything in their power to slow the game down as much as possible.

Zags 88
    UW 68
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 91
    Zone 75

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    I would love it if we built a 20 -point lead and emptied the bench, including Tillie and Crandall (they could just stand there in boot and sling respectively while three walk-ons dribble out the last minute).
    This is my favorite, except maybe it should be a 50 point lead.

GU 90-75

zags 84
    dogs 71

but I'd be pleased as punch if zags solve the 2-3 and score 100.

see ya all at the wandemere cinema, big screen at no cost, free.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Outside of SCU and Eastern games, UW hasn't broken 80 points. Meanwhile Zags lowest output to date is 78 against Illinois. I gotta think if Zags start running and gunning then Huskies just don't have the firepower to keep up. I expect Zags to kill them with a ton of transition so they can't get into the zone D. That being said, I think UW does everything in their power to slow the game down as much as possible.

Zags 88
    UW 68
    I know any lazy passes up top will go the other way. 6'5 guard Matisse Thybulle plays the top of the zone really well. Averaging a couple steals per game with several tipped balls leading to easy buckets. He's prone to fouling but is always a pesky defender. If Foster or Ayayi are in they had better be watching out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Gonzaga 100- 75
    LIZ..if it is not to late....I would like to change my guess to Zags 90-75.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    LIZ..if it is not to late....I would like to change my guess to Zags 90-75.....
    I take changes and guesses right up to tipoff
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

This is my annual split loyalty game since my undergrad degree is from GU and my graduate degree is from UW. But this year it seems like a no-brain decision to select GU over UW. I hope that after GU beats UW that both GU and UW go undefeated for the remainder of their seasons. Unlikely, but one can always hope. What if UW and GU met in the Final Four? Now that would be very uncomfortable.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I HATE the 8 o'clock games. I feel for those east of Spokane, But my bedtime is normally at 10 and I try to unwind so going to sleep is easier.The 8 o'clock starts won't let that happen.

At least with earlier games I can DVR them, avoid the internet and media, and watch them when I get home. Sometimes it's even better to fast forward through the commercials and much of halftime. With the 8 c'clock ones, that would mean almost a 20 hour delay. The suspense would drive me bonkers (at least a bit more).

I hate the 8 o'clock starts.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I HATE the 8 o'clock games. I feel for those east of Spokane, But my bedtime is normally at 10 and I try to unwind so going to sleep is easier.The 8 o'clock starts won't let that happen.

At least with earlier games I can DVR them, avoid the internet and media, and watch them when I get home. Sometimes it's even better to fast forward through the commercials and much of halftime. With the 8 c'clock ones, that would mean almost a 20 hour delay. The suspense would drive me bonkers (at least a bit more).

Thank you for your compassion. I will still have to get myself up at 5:00 AM even with the game ending at close to 1:00 AM.

If it is a blow out I will inevitably fall asleep on the sofa, so for my sleep I want a blow out.

Zags 105

Huskies 79
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Question

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Iím in Missouri and I love the 10 pm starts. Why? My kids are sleeping and I donít have to watch a rivalry game with them jumping up and down haha. They are really cute and the love to watch with me but sometimes the emotions get the best of me with Washington games. I cannot stand that teams and winning this game means the world to me
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    UW desperate for a quality win will give Zags all they can handle but timely shooting from Kispert and Rui dissecting the zone w his midrange game allow Zags to pull away late.

Zags 83
    UW. 77

I hope to see Zags w three double-digit scorers none of whom need to take more than 15 shots to get there. In other words, fewer shots from Norvell and more for Rui and Clarke. This team is too talented for any one player to take 20+ shots..unless they’re being made at 50%+ rate.
    Sticking by my closer than anyone thinks prediction as Huskies' experience, athleticism and supreme motivation to get a W vs Zags and right their season will bring out their very best.

Just wanted to add what nobody seems to have mentioned here: Rui is the perfect high-post player vs 2-3 zone with his ability to knock down that midrange jumper, drive or dish. I hope he blows up tonight and scores over 30 pts! Huskies game plan will be to get Zags' limited rotation in early foul trouble, so please watch the charges Rui while you decimate that zone D.

With you on the tipoff time angst, Willandi! I will stay up late for Thursday night games and just get through Friday at work on fumes...but can't do it on a Wednesday. I'll be DVR'ing and watching early AM before work tomorrow.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Iím in Missouri and I love the 10 pm starts. Why? My kids are sleeping and I donít have to watch a rivalry game with them jumping up and down haha. They are really cute and the love to watch with me but sometimes the emotions get the best of me with Washington games. I cannot stand that teams and winning this game means the world to me
    No one can watch a game with me. No. One., at least at home with my family.

I jump up clapping, which scares the dog who goes under the bed and hides. That's upsetting bc it's not like he's ever been hit or anything, it just creeps him out.

And everything anyone says pretty well bothers me so I don't engage in conversation.

Unless I go to a game, I am almost always alone, which is probably telling me something I need to learn.

LIZF - I am going to temper my total score down some.

GU 92
    UW 75
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I watch with my family... they tend to get a kick out of watching my consternation through the games unless they are blowouts. Honestly, I think the blowouts are a letdown to them as they don't get to see me get anxious.

Trap game!

GU 88 - Huskies 72

GU- 92
    UW - 80

GU 98
    UW 72

I’m with Willani and Flex...this is definitely a DVR game...

When I’m home watching the game I can get excited on a great play on either end of the floor but for the most part, I just calmly watch the game BUT my wife, who is a Michigan Post Grad, goes absolutely nuts...she gets so wild that if she was in a bar (one in Spokane), she would most probably be asked to restrain herself or leave...if we had a weapon, she would surely shoot the officials for making an horrendous call! She has told me that if GU & UM faced each other in the FF championship game, she’d root for GU as UM has already won a NC...My wife Georgia is a fanatic!

GU-89
    UW-64

I expect to see dominate on the boards, with both BC and Rui with double-doubles and CK & Snacks with five boards each...they will eventually have to come out of their 2-3 and play M-M defence...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I’m with Willani and Flex...this is definitely a DVR game...

When I’m home watching the game I can get excited on a great play on either end of the floor but for the most part, I just calmly watch the game BUT my wife, who is a Michigan Post Grad, goes absolutely nuts...she gets so wild that if she was in a bar (one in Spokane), she would most probably be asked to restrain herself or leave...if we had a weapon, she would surely shoot the officials for making an horrendous call! She has told me that if GU & UM faced each other in the FF championship game, she’d root for GU as UM has already won a NC...My wife Georgia is a fanatic!

GU-89
    UW-64

I expect to see dominate on the boards, with both BC and Rui with double-doubles and CK & Snacks with five boards each...they will eventually have to come out of their 2-3 and play M-M defence...
    I love your wife!

I also agree about them having to come out of the zone.

I have seen speculation on how the Zags will defend Dickerson (?), but none as to how UW will defend Clarke and Rui.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

With 5 Zags in double figures totaling 75 pts, bench contributes thirteen more. Dawg's seniors, however, loathe to finish up their careers with another 20 pt blowout at the hands of the Zags, keep it closer than expected. Final GU 88 U Dub 71.

UofW 72
    GU 94
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Bulldogs 90
    Huskies 77

Over / Under on how many times Walton says "Conference of Champions" 2.5
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.