WCC:

USF defeats SF Austin in Belfast, NI

Top 25 / Other Opponents

# 9 Michigan State @ Rutgers 3:00pm BTN
    Radford @ #17 Texas 4:00pm
    #25 Miss. State @ Dayton 4:00pm CBSSN
    #22 Wisconsin @ #14 Iowa 5:00pm BTN

TGIF, etcetera.

Thanks, Reno. I have Iowa as one of my overrated teams. I expect them to go down against Wisconsin.

USF's win earns them a chance at undefeated, AP #21 Buffalo, which would be a nice win for them. The timezone hangover likely makes it anyone's game. Though they have Cal and Stanford left on the schedule this will in all likelihood be their toughest test in the non-conf. Run the table or near to it, and the Dons could have something of a breakout year....

Quote Originally Posted by SCU View Post
    USF's win earns them a chance at undefeated, AP #21 Buffalo, which would be a nice win for them. The timezone hangover likely makes it anyone's game. Though they have Cal and Stanford left on the schedule this will in all likelihood be their toughest test in the non-conf. Run the table or near to it, and the Dons could have something of a breakout year....
    So far I've been most impressed by LMU, USF and USD. Lions have a legit shot at UCLA; USF could beat Buffalo (and ASU if reschedule); USD has a chance to knock off SDSU.

USF has the coolest name in all CBB: Frankie Ferrari. You just can't beat that.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Today is a reminder that Power Five conferences are looking to eliminate any potential competition from the other kids on the block.

Today's games include two Big Ten conference games. Creating super conferences that play round robins eliminates potential scheduling with mid major conference teams. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    So far I've been most impressed by LMU, USF and USD. Lions have a legit shot at UCLA; USF could beat Buffalo (and ASU if reschedule); USD has a chance to knock off SDSU.

A Number of people last year didn't talk kindly about Ferrari here on the board, but I like what I've seen. Good baller. And yes, a cool name at that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kBw0aMe1Q

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

USF jumps both BYU & SMC on kenpom. Been awhile since we've seen that.

(based on end of the year ratings USF has not been ahead of BYU since they entered the league & you have to go back to 2003 since they were ahead of SMC).
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    USF jumps both BYU & SMC on kenpom. Been awhile since we've seen that.

(based on end of the year ratings USF has not been ahead of BYU since they entered the league & you have to go back to 2003 since they were ahead of SMC).
    Wow. That's impressive! Big shake up in the league, minus #1 of course!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Radford beats #17 Texas? Huh, what? 62-59
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Radford can play some ball. The Highlanders are 6-1 and also beat Notre Dame on the road.

And Texas owns wins over North Carolina and Arkansas.

Radford and Furman are two teams I wouldn't want to see in the 1st round if they win their league tourneys. The committee better seed those teams correctly.

Badgers prevail on the road vs. Iowa, 72 - 66.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Radford can play some ball. The Highlanders are 6-1 and also beat Notre Dame on the road.

Radford and Furman are two teams I wouldn't want to see in the 1st round if they win their league tourneys. The committee better seed those teams correctly.
    Texas #32 Kenpom, Radford #122. Difference +90 Texas. Zags #4 Kenpom, Creighton #29. Difference +25 Zags.

Statistically does this say, “Watch Out, Zags,” on any given day............!

The Oklahoma State vs. Minnesota game is being played at the site of this season's Final Four - US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Fans are sure a long way from the court

Time-lapse video of the venue set-up: http://video.startribune.com/timelap...all/501559151/

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post

Frankie has three brothers, Ralphie, Vinny and Giacomo. Too cool!
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

What’s up with Kameka Hepa, is he hurt? Played a whopping 4 minutes tonight, Shaka rarely used his bench tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Frankie has three brothers, Ralphie, Vinny and Giacomo. Too cool!
    I'm guessing the Ancestry DNA test would be a waste of $59 for the Ferrari's!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut