Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am hoping that 19-20 will be the lead in to another great run in 20-21 and on.

I see Zakharov and Ballo as the #5's Tillie and Petrusev as #4's, Kispert, Harris and Martynas as the 2-3's with Ravet, Foster and Ayayi at the PG position.

The front court, 3-5 would be formidable, the back court to be determined.

Ravet has done well in HS. We will see just how well that translates.

Foster looked OK at times last year, and with the year in the system could be an OK back-up. He needs to be able to pass well and accurately and only shoot enough to keep the D honest.
    Ayayi is kind of a wild card. If he can play like he did in his GOOD games in the U18, he will be effective. His bad games, not so much.

Of course, all that changes of Tillie and/or Norvell come back, if Petrusev leaves and if we get a grad transfer in (or two).

It could be a rocky start, but it also could be a great finish.
    You are missing two of our top recruits in Timme and Watson

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    yeah, like maybe our top 2 recruits. Those two are going to surprise a lot of people.

So we do think Tillie comes back? Or he going to Europe?
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Tillie will be drafted if he stays in the draft, mark my words. He is too good of shooter at his size to not be drafted, although it would be the 2nd round due to injury concerns. If healthy, I honestly think the Tillie's game plays better in the NBA than Clarke's will based on the NBA style of play. I'm not saying that Tillie is going to stay in the draft, I'm just saying that there is too much assumption on here about his future being in Europe...IMO

Hazzard to U of A.

You are right. I meant Timme instead of Tillie, And Watson at the 2-3 position, sliding to the 4 on occasion. Thanks.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Hazzard to U of A.
    Welp, kinda figured, sigh
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Welp, kinda figured, sigh

Actually, you might better state thet "Not a welp, kinda figured, sigh."
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Nothing against the guy but that is a terrible decision. Where are his minutes coming with Nico and Josh coming in? Who knows if Brandon will be ready to go by next season, but still not a lot of minutes on maybe a sweet sixteen team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    Nothing against the guy but that is a terrible decision. Where are his minutes coming with Nico and Josh coming in? Who knows if Brandon will be ready to go by next season, but still not a lot of minutes on maybe a sweet sixteen team?
    Brandon bounced to 3d string? Or is he in the NBA already?

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Actually, you might better state thet "Not a welp, kinda figured, sigh."
    Fair enough
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Brandon bounced to 3d string? Or is he in the NBA already?
    Brandon had to have knee surgery again for the same degenerative knee condition he had in high school. I just think with the recruits coming in and Hazzard that Brandon's injury is pretty bad moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Tillie will be drafted if he stays in the draft, mark my words. He is too good of shooter at his size to not be drafted, although it would be the 2nd round due to injury concerns. If healthy, I honestly think the Tillie's game plays better in the NBA than Clarke's will based on the NBA style of play. I'm not saying that Tillie is going to stay in the draft, I'm just saying that there is too much assumption on here about his future being in Europe...IMO
    All depends on where our Zags are drafted, i.e. the system, style of play, coaching staff, it all matters.

Charlotte did Ammo no favors by drafting him. Their insistence (i.e. Jordan's) on running the triangle did not take advantage of Adam's skill at moving without the basketball.

Dazon Ingram headed to UCF.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Dazon Ingram headed to UCF.
    Him and hazard wouldn't be my first choices, but it does kinda make me worry that our options are starting to diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    All depends on where our Zags are drafted, i.e. the system, style of play, coaching staff, it all matters.

Charlotte did Ammo no favors by drafting him. Their insistence (i.e. Jordan's) on running the triangle did not take advantage of Adam's skill at moving without the basketball.
    I don't think they ran the triangle offense in Charlotte under Larry Brown. The bigger issue was that Brown wanted good defense from Morrison which wasn't what his skill set was. Then he had the knee injury and it was downhill from there.

Default GU mentioned in pursuit of F/C Kerry Blackshear

"Virginia Tech forward/center Kerry Blackshear announced his intention to transfer recently, and he’s arguably the hottest name on the grad transfer market right now. Kentucky head coach John Calipari recently visited Blackshear, but Evans doesn’t believe Kentucky should feel extremely comfortable with their chances of getting the talented big man to sign with them. The Wildcats are definitely a top suitor for him, but this is not a done deal for the blue blood,” [Rivals' Cortey] Evans writes. “There has been talk of his desire to play close to home which would bolster Florida’s chances with him. However, there are some dark horses in the race as Gonzaga, Michigan State and Tennessee are three to keep an eye on.”

"Blackshear, who hails from Orlando, is currently testing the NBA Draft waters, but many believe he will opt to return to college for a final season. The 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward/center announced his decision to transfer off Virginia Tech’s roster after head coach Buzz Williams left to take the head coaching job at Texas A&M this offseason. Last season, Blackshear averaged 14.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 2.4 assists while shooting 50.8 percent from the field, 33.3 percent from three, and 73.6 percent from the free throw line in 35 games. Blackshear was named a Second-Team All-ACC performer for the Hokies."

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019...grad-transfer/

If this reporting accurately reflects our current interests, what might it mean ... ( wait for it ) ... re: the staff's expectations for Killian's return? Or perhaps we thinking of going "REALLY BIG" at the point?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

"Virginia Tech forward/center Kerry Blackshear announced his intention to transfer recently, and he’s arguably the hottest name on the grad transfer market right now. Kentucky head coach John Calipari recently visited Blackshear, but Evans doesn’t believe Kentucky should feel extremely comfortable with their chances of getting the talented big man to sign with them. The Wildcats are definitely a top suitor for him, but this is not a done deal for the blue blood,” [Rivals' Cortey] Evans writes. “There has been talk of his desire to play close to home which would bolster Florida’s chances with him. However, there are some dark horses in the race as Gonzaga, Michigan State and Tennessee are three to keep an eye on.”

"Blackshear, who hails from Orlando, is currently testing the NBA Draft waters, but many believe he will opt to return to college for a final season. The 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward/center announced his decision to transfer off Virginia Tech’s roster after head coach Buzz Williams left to take the head coaching job at Texas A&M this offseason. Last season, Blackshear averaged 14.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 2.4 assists while shooting 50.8 percent from the field, 33.3 percent from three, and 73.6 percent from the free throw line in 35 games. Blackshear was named a Second-Team All-ACC performer for the Hokies."

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019...grad-transfer/

If this reporting accurately reflects our current interests, what might it mean ... ( wait for it ) ... re: the staff's expectations for Killian's return? Or perhaps we thinking of going "REALLY BIG" at the point?
    So lets see. Tillie,Petro,Timmie,Zakharov,Ballo and Blackshear all for two spots , 80 minutes.

Default Admon Gilder on an official visit to Lubbock this weekend

"Texas A&M graduate transfer Admon Gilder is scheduled to take an official visit to Lubbock [Texas Tech] set for Friday through Saturday. Gilder, listed as a 6-foot-4, 199-pound guard, was ranked as the No. 5 graduate transfer by Jeff Goodman of Stadium.com and the No. 6 by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello. ... Coming out of Dallas Madison High School, Gilder — a four-star prospect per 247 Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout — was named the Gatorade Texas Player of the Year and a Parade All-American. At the moment, Gilder is being pursued by Kentucky, Gonzaga, Virginia and Texas among other schools, per sources."

https://www.lubbockonline.com/sports...ing-texas-tech
    SLOZag

"Texas A&M graduate transfer Admon Gilder is scheduled to take an official visit to Lubbock [Texas Tech] set for Friday through Saturday. Gilder, listed as a 6-foot-4, 199-pound guard, was ranked as the No. 5 graduate transfer by Jeff Goodman of Stadium.com and the No. 6 by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello. ... Coming out of Dallas Madison High School, Gilder — a four-star prospect per 247 Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout — was named the Gatorade Texas Player of the Year and a Parade All-American. At the moment, Gilder is being pursued by Kentucky, Gonzaga, Virginia and Texas among other schools, per sources."

46% from the field, 40% from 3, 82% FT shooter? Now that sounds promising.

5) Admon Gilder, 6-4, 200, G, Texas A&M
    Stats: 12.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 40% 3-pointers
    Scout’s take: “Big-time kid, relentless work ethic. He was one of the best defensive players in the SEC over the last three seasons and has already scored over 1,000 points in his career.”
    Schools: N/A
    https://watchstadium.com/news/rankin...on-04-22-2019/
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    46% from the field, 40% from 3, 82% FT shooter? Now that sounds promising.

https://watchstadium.com/news/rankin...on-04-22-2019/
    Gilder is a stud. Like an All American caliber stud..

Default Christian Keeling transferring to North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Not sure we were a serious contender or of interest, yet grad transfer Christian Keeling released his Top-5 today....and we are not in it.

6'4" guard, 19 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg for Charleston Southern. Averaged at least 17 ppg all 3 seasons.
    "Charleston Southern grad transfer Christian Keeling will transfer to North Carolina, he announced in a tweet Friday night. Keeling, a 6-foot-4, 175-pound guard, averaged 18.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per game last season. He led the Buccaneers in scoring last year. He was considered one of the top grad transfers on the market, and he will be eligible immediately."

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...4.html?src=rss

We were not recruiting him, but I've read that we have been going head to head with NC regarding other point guards. This might help tip a balance or two in our favor elsewhere.
    SLOZag

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Him and hazard wouldn't be my first choices, but it does kinda make me worry that our options are starting to diminish.
    - see above, gilder truly has potential to be an all American honorable mention or 3rd team member.
    - others may fall to the way side, but I keep checking on just one player..........gilder!..........gonna be tough when final four championship teams are on your short list.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - see above, gilder truly has potential to be an all American honorable mention or 3rd team member.
    - others may fall to the way side, but I keep checking on just one player..........gilder!..........gonna be tough when final four championship teams are on your short list.
    I would be stoked to get Gilder! But there is some major competition for him, and I'm not even getting my hopes up until we can get him on campus.

Gilder seems to be one piece of just what Zags need - stud SG w D1 experience who can score and play D - but he’s from Dallas, went to A&M and now first official visit for grad transfer recruitment it to current NCAA darling Texas Tech. Doesn’t seem likely to choose Spokane WA and the WCCfor his final year of D-1 hoops.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1