Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Hommes is a tall guard/sf. He can play the sg while Cory plays the 3.
    Need ball-handling guards. 2-3 scholies remaining.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I am speaking for myself. I posted his numbers high up in this thread; they're not good.
    Daejon. Rocks. Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Need ball-handling guards. 2-3 scholies remaining.
    I think Zach Harvey fits that bill. Plus Foster and Ravet. Hommes would be to replace Norvell for a year, but as Caldwell said, he may go straight o the NBA after this season which is very rare for a D2 player. If he is a late 1st this year, playing 1 season at Zag could move him to late lottery. If you have a chance at a Gordon Hayward type player, you don't think twice about it.

His stats suggest otherwise. I think we've surpassed a player with his limitations at this point; 5 or 6 years ago, sure, but not now. But we can agree to disagree.

Daejon would be a great Zag. Of all the recent misses, I think he's the biggest miss so far in terms of where he'd fit in as a player, particularly with the scramble to get a second ballhandler this past offseason, and now heading into this next season. I really do like Zach Harvey's game and could see him being that perfect fit for 2019, though. And unless Daejon somehow graduated Stanford in two years, he wouldn't be eligible until the 2020-21 season.

Not. Interested. At. All.
    Look at his freshman numbers. Those are more indicative of the player he is. Numbers can be positively or negatively affected by the team you're on. I saw him a bunch at Garfield. Legit top 50ish talent, as all the evaluators agreed. Look at who recruited him out of hs.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Look at his freshman numbers. Those are more indicative of the player he is. Numbers can be positively or negatively affected by the team you're on. I saw him a bunch at Garfield. Legit top 50ish talent, as all the evaluators agreed. Look at who recruited him out of hs.
    Yes, but evaluators can be wrong, see Chase Jeter as Exhibit A. I was destroyed last season saying that he was overrated and was living off of Bishop Gorman and his Duke scholly hype and that he wasn't as good as the bigs we had and had coming in. I was right. If DD does come to GG, I will cheer him on, just as I would've Jeter, I just don't think he's nearly as good of a player as the hype warranted.

Two pipe dream grad transfers for me are Payton Pritchard (Oregon) and Sam Merrill (Utah State). I kind of doubt that either ends up transferring, but Oregon has had a rocky start to their season and aren't poised for another final four run in the next two years, and Utah State, while off to a great start, may not end up being a tournament team.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Two pipe dream grad transfers for me are Payton Pritchard (Oregon) and Sam Merrill (Utah State). I kind of doubt that either ends up transferring, but Oregon has had a rocky start to their season and aren't poised for another final four run in the next two years, and Utah State, while off to a great start, may not end up being a tournament team.
    I'm with you on Merrill. Doubtful he transfers, though. USU is his dream school.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I think we have a better version of Prichard coming in in Ravet

Anyone on Cals roster ? Yikes maybe there waiting for PAC12 play lol jk

Default Transfers 2018-2019

Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
    Follow Follow @KyleTucker_ATH
    More
    BREAKING: I'm told sophomore point guard Quade Green is strongly considering a midseason transfer. Not a done deal, but the team expects that he will leave after developments the last two days.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ring-transfer/

https://theathletic.com/709908/2018/...ason-transfer/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...74/quade-green

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
    More
    BREAKING: I'm told sophomore point guard Quade Green is strongly considering a midseason transfer. Not a done deal, but the team expects that he will leave after developments the last two days.

Philly kid? Probably Nova bound, considering the trouble Quinerly is apparently causing now.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Philly kid? Probably Nova bound, considering the trouble Quinerly is apparently causing now.
    The latest, hot off the press:

https://247sports.com/Article/Quade-...ll--126256978/

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Well that and the fact that he's not nearly as good as he thought he was. I was reading the Kentucky message boards the other day and they were shocked that he is not half the player he was projected to be.

Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
    More

Besides, this is the grad transfer thread. He would not be a grad transfer, would he? He would be a regular transferr and have to sit out a year, correct?

Quade Green left Kentucky today. He would be will be eligible second semester next year. This said I do not think he would be someone that would be a good fit for the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Quade Green left Kentucky today. He would be will be eligible second semester next year. This said I do not think he would be someone that would be a good fit for the Zags.
    Leaving Kentucky because he's unhappy w playing time. Pass on that....either you give him major minutes once he's eligible in January, or you're gonna have drama for sure. Not a position a coaching staff/team wants to put themselves in.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

This guy? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...n-transferring

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HUSTLE View Post
    Anyone on Cals roster ? Yikes maybe there waiting for PAC12 play lol jk

He's the one that got away a few years ago. He's proven to be versatile and very good. I'd take him in a minute. I seem to recall he liked the Stanford degree though.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Leaving Kentucky because he's unhappy w playing time. Pass on that....either you give him major minutes once he's eligible in January, or you're gonna have drama for sure. Not a position a coaching staff/team wants to put themselves in.
    That is what I said. He was causing trouble in the locker room because he thought he should be playing over other players that were better than him. I could just imagine if he came here and better players than him that were not high school all-americans were playing over him. no Quade Green for me either.

That is what I said. He was causing trouble in the locker room because he thought he should be playing over other players that were better than him. I could just imagine if he came here and better players than him that were not high school all-americans were playing over him. no Quade Green for me either.
    Where has this been reported?

Plus, he can shoot, but his turnover numbers are poor.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Jeff Borzello

Verified account

@jeffborzello
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Kentucky transfer Quade Green tells ESPN he has committed to Washington.

Huge pickup for Mike Hopkins.

Jeff Borzello

Verified account

@jeffborzello
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Kentucky transfer Quade Green tells ESPN he has committed to Washington.

Huge pickup for Mike Hopkins.
    Not really. Like Chase Jeter, Green's hype was much greater than his actual play.