Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Can we move this thread so that it appears both on the MBB and here?

Transfer news at this time of year is just so relevant.
    I think that is a legit request, but I only have the powers to move things within the Whelping Box. I know the whole purpose of the Whelping Box is all recruiting in one place. I would also say that this month the bigger news is going to come from a high school junior.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think that is a legit request, but I only have the powers to move things within the Whelping Box. I know the whole purpose of the Whelping Box is all recruiting in one place. I would also say that this month the bigger news is going to come from a high school junior.
    Is this the news coming out on the 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Is this the news coming out on the 18th?
    Sure is! I would also predict that following the 18th another announcement will be forth coming. I believe our dream class will be verbally committed by June 1st.

Not at all impressed with the grad transfer list to date. I thought I heard rumblings about a potential big name transfer. Has that ship sailed?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Not at all impressed with the grad transfer list to date. I thought I heard rumblings about a potential big name transfer. Has that ship sailed?
    The name I heard has not entered into the portal. He might have decided to stay where he is or his credits are looking iffy.

Isn’t it true that we usually don’t always hear about guys this early? I remember with Bwes and JMathews that they didn’t decide till a bit later
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Isn’t it true that we usually don’t always hear about guys this early? I remember with Bwes and JMathews that they didn’t decide till a bit later
    Very true. It's early. The draft process might add a few more too.

I hope Daulton makes it to us.

Very true. It's early. The draft process might add a few more too.
    Thank you
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    I hope Daulton makes it to us.
    I hate to ask this question but there are only 18 pages on this thread and I have tried to keep up and am sure I have heard this name before but again, who might he be?

Thanks...

Admon Gilder from Texas a and m is transferring as a grad transfer. One of the best two way point guards in the Sec. would love for him to be our pg next year. 6’4, 13 ppg, 80 ft 40 3p and a great defender

If the big 3 leave (Rui,BC,Tillie) what would be the lure to get a Top PG transfer to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    If the big 3 leave (Rui,BC,Tillie) what would be the lure to get a Top PG transfer to come here?
    Well let’s see

Great front court recruits including a returning Petrusev (Ballo, Timme, and the foreigners)
    Great outstanding wing at SF with Watson and a guy in Kispert who can ball
    SG with Norvell and a transfer (possibly Ingram)

I mean what’s not to love there. Still got one of the elite coaches in basketball, not sure why you WOULDNT wanna come here lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post

I mean what’s not to love there. Still got one of the elite coaches in basketball, not sure why you WOULDNT wanna come here lol

My thoughts exactly. Plus playing time from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I hate to ask this question but there are only 18 pages on this thread and I have tried to keep up and am sure I have heard this name before but again, who might he be?

Thanks...
    Daulton Homme from Point Loma Nazarene University, he is a SG and shots the lights out. Legit draft prospect.

Plus playing time from the start.

This

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Admon Gilder from Texas a and m is transferring as a grad transfer. One of the best two way point guards in the Sec. would love for him to be our pg next year. 6’4, 13 ppg, 80 ft 40 3p and a great defender
    I feel like he's about as good as it gets as a grad transfer. I would be very happy with him.

Well, he saw the Kennel up close & personal. And a source told me that the A & M Staff told a former player of theirs that K2 should be on his bucket list.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

CaldwellZag,

Is this our guy?

Looks like Gilder did not play last season due to injuries... The info below was posted in late November
    on the Texas A & M Sports website. Let's hope the young man is healthy now... would be a nice
    addition if healthy. His junior year in 2017-18, he led A & M in MPG at 34+, averaged nearly 14 ppg,
    43 % FG, 38% 3 pt FG, 120 assists, 2 steals pg, and 2.7 TO pg

Report: Texas A&M Guard Admon Gilder could miss the entire season due to injury

Texas A&M has missed the presence of its senior guard Admon Gilder in the Aggies' first six games on the season, and according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, Gilder might miss the entire season due to injury.

"He's out indefinitely and is still under the examination and care of our medical team as he works through this health issue. He's still in school and on track to graduate," an A&M spokesperson said of Gilder's status Wednesday afternoon.
    During preseason practices, A&M head coach Billy Kennedy said Gilder, a former Dallas Madison standout, saw limited action due to a hamstring problem and lingering knee issues.
    Gilder has yet to play in a game this season and stayed home during the Aggies' three-game road trip to the Pacific Northwest.
    After last Friday's game against South Alabama, Kennedy still seemed pessimistic about if and when Gilder would return to the court.
    "We don't anticipate having him anytime soon," Kennedy said.
    If Gilder were to miss the entire season, he would be eligible for a redshirt. However, Gilder did participate in NBA workouts
    following the end of last year before deciding to return to school for a fourth year.
    Last season (2017-18), Gilder was second on the team in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game and led the Aggies in steals (37).

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    Looks like Gilder did not play last season due to injuries... The info below was posted in late November
    on the Texas A & M Sports website. Let's hope the young man is healthy now... would be a nice
    addition if healthy. His junior year in 2017-18, he led A & M in MPG at 34+, averaged nearly 14 ppg,
    43 % FG, 38% 3 pt FG, 120 assists, 2 steals pg, and 2.7 TO pg

Report: Texas A&M Guard Admon Gilder could miss the entire season due to injury

Texas A&M has missed the presence of its senior guard Admon Gilder in the Aggies' first six games on the season, and according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, Gilder might miss the entire season due to injury.

"He's out indefinitely and is still under the examination and care of our medical team as he works through this health issue. He's still in school and on track to graduate," an A&M spokesperson said of Gilder's status Wednesday afternoon.
    During preseason practices, A&M head coach Billy Kennedy said Gilder, a former Dallas Madison standout, saw limited action due to a hamstring problem and lingering knee issues.
    Gilder has yet to play in a game this season and stayed home during the Aggies' three-game road trip to the Pacific Northwest.
    After last Friday's game against South Alabama, Kennedy still seemed pessimistic about if and when Gilder would return to the court.
    "We don't anticipate having him anytime soon," Kennedy said.
    If Gilder were to miss the entire season, he would be eligible for a redshirt. However, Gilder did participate in NBA workouts
    following the end of last year before deciding to return to school for a fourth year.
    Last season (2017-18), Gilder was second on the team in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game and led the Aggies in steals (37).
    He was cleared by doctors last week

Highlights of Gilder from their 7v10 win over Providence in 2018. He's #3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyaJyKKnnNE

They went on to beat UNC and then lost to Michigan.

He was cleared by doctors last week
    Excellent

He also hit the game-tying shot in that crazy comeback 2OT win against Northern Iowa, after being down 12 points with 35 seconds left in regulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4vm1A76MJA

Gilder is the first name to really excite me. Great size, athleticism and good shooting. Plenty of tourney experience, to boot.

If the GU medical staff greenlights him, I would love that addition.