Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 602

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,842

    Default

    Jazz Johnson had a stop at Portland 1st, correct?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  2. #477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Jazz Johnson had a stop at Portland 1st, correct?
    yes, but i believe the pg was alec wintering...little quick dude zags had some trouble with.

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    320

    Default

    My opinion is that we need two transfers for this coming season regardless of what happens with Tillie. I would say another guard (two) who can shoot and a PG. Few could go with two PGs’ which would mean Brock might be playing more at the two. The scholarships will work themselves out.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    My opinion is that we need two transfers for this coming season regardless of what happens with Tillie. I would say another guard (two) who can shoot and a PG. Few could go with two PGs’ which would mean Brock might be playing more at the two. The scholarships will work themselves out.
    Assuming we sign a grad transfer pg, who would want to come here after that and presumably come off the bench when we have zn at sg?

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Assuming we sign a grad transfer pg, who would want to come here after that and presumably come off the bench when we have zn at sg?
    maybe jazz johnson... that's exactly the role he played last year at nv, where he shot 45% from 3 and had an ortg higher than any of our contributors except clarke (129.1). he was like a more efficient (but less assist-y) lou williams last season. perhaps he'd be up for reprising that role for an even better team, depending on his other options.

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Agree that two guards are needed. We lose Perkins and Geno. Can’t just replace one of those spots in an area that was already shallow. Remember how timid we had to play when Geno was out?

    Counting on Ayayi or Fister to fill that role is a big ask, and Ravet might get minutes, but not likely 20+ for a freshman who plays poor d.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Agree that two guards are needed. We lose Perkins and Geno. Can’t just replace one of those spots in an area that was already shallow. Remember how timid we had to play when Geno was out?

    Counting on Ayayi or Fister to fill that role is a big ask, and Ravet might get minutes, but not likely 20+ for a freshman who plays poor d.
    Best, most sensible, succinct post I've read since the season ended.

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Best, most sensible, succinct post I've read since the season ended.
    The problem is that with the incoming class, I doubt we slide zn to the 3 spot like we did this year. So assuming zn plays 30+ min/game, new pg gets 30, ravet gets 5...where are the minutes for a second transfer guard? That's maybe 15 min/game leftover. If it we're me transfering, I wouldn't sign up for that.

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Does it seem like we either end up with one of the very few premier transfer PGs for 33+MPG (Admon Gilder, ???) or else a lower tier couple of guys and go PG by committee?

    It does seem likely that Norvell will not be playing a lot at the "3". Few likes the 3 guard (2 pg) lineups, but our roster is so highly weighted toward big guys that with Norvell at the 3 it only makes room for any 2 of 6-7 : Petrusev/Timme/Watson/Ballo/Zakharov/Aurlauskas/Tille(?) to be in the game.

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594

  11. #486

    Default

    David Jenkins has cut his list to 5 and we are on it.

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,054

    Default

    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.
    He would be a great fit for 2019 and 2020.

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.
    I like this kids game yet not sure what position he is...or would play?

    He plays more like a wing/sf in a PG body.

    Reminds me of a better shooting yet shorter Zach Norvell.

    They play very similar roles and style is comparable.

    Norvell the better defender, and more dynamic presence, yet hard to deny Jenkins 46% 3pt shooting with similar attempts, and ability to score in bunches.

    Assists #s lower yet also not really a PG.

    He would make a great addition though, esp after his RS year.

    Could be a nice shooting and scoring presence with Ravet & Harris.

    Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.

    And 2020-2021 should be another "all in" season, nice to hear we are in his Top 7.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    Caldwell: No response to the above assertion? “Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.”

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    David Jenkins has cut his list to 5 and we are on it.
    How are these two grad transfers?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  17. #492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    How are these two grad transfers?
    they're not...but the non-grad thread was just started...

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594
    If he couldn't play for Muss, sure can't play for Few.

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.
    There is nothing to suggest Suggs is a "long shot".

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Caldwell: No response to the above assertion? “Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.”
    Nah no response. I have told you what I know on Suggs he damn near committed when he was here and when Julian commits it will be even more of a draw.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    There is nothing to suggest Suggs is a "long shot".
    Pretty much this.
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Nah no response. I have told you what I know on Suggs he damn near committed when he was here and when Julian commits it will be even more of a draw.
    I believe we will know in 5-days (18 April)...

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I believe we will know in 5-days (18 April)...
    Yes we will

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Not sure we were a serious contender or of interest, yet grad transfer Christian Keeling released his Top-5 today....and we are not in it.

    6'4" guard, 19 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg for Charleston Southern. Averaged at least 17 ppg all 3 seasons.

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,645

    Default

    Is it time to worry a little?

    By now, haven't there - in the past - been a list of several targets that we are zero'ing in upon?

    It was my understanding that even throughout the year, there was "one" (highly secret, I never knew who) that they were pretty well counting upon. A "former 4-5*? Do I have that wrong.

    I'm not wanting to panic, but I'd have thought we'd have a list by now.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •