Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 568

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594

  2. #452

    Default

    David Jenkins has cut his list to 5 and we are on it.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,208

    Default

    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.
    He would be a great fit for 2019 and 2020.

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman

    Verified account

    @GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State sophomore guard David Jenkins told @stadium has cut his list to Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Oregon, Memphis, Washington State and South Dakota State. Jenkins averaged 20 points per game this past season.
    I like this kids game yet not sure what position he is...or would play?

    He plays more like a wing/sf in a PG body.

    Reminds me of a better shooting yet shorter Zach Norvell.

    They play very similar roles and style is comparable.

    Norvell the better defender, and more dynamic presence, yet hard to deny Jenkins 46% 3pt shooting with similar attempts, and ability to score in bunches.

    Assists #s lower yet also not really a PG.

    He would make a great addition though, esp after his RS year.

    Could be a nice shooting and scoring presence with Ravet & Harris.

    Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.

    And 2020-2021 should be another "all in" season, nice to hear we are in his Top 7.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Caldwell: No response to the above assertion? “Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.”

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    David Jenkins has cut his list to 5 and we are on it.
    How are these two grad transfers?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  8. #458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    How are these two grad transfers?
    they're not...but the non-grad thread was just started...

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying we are even interested, but just saw this and wow what a fall from one and done to transfer.

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...12352667246594
    If he couldn't play for Muss, sure can't play for Few.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.
    There is nothing to suggest Suggs is a "long shot".

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Caldwell: No response to the above assertion? “Suggs is a long shot, so more guards the merrier at this point in time.”
    Nah no response. I have told you what I know on Suggs he damn near committed when he was here and when Julian commits it will be even more of a draw.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    There is nothing to suggest Suggs is a "long shot".
    Pretty much this.
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Nah no response. I have told you what I know on Suggs he damn near committed when he was here and when Julian commits it will be even more of a draw.
    I believe we will know in 5-days (18 April)...

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I believe we will know in 5-days (18 April)...
    Yes we will

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Not sure we were a serious contender or of interest, yet grad transfer Christian Keeling released his Top-5 today....and we are not in it.

    6'4" guard, 19 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg for Charleston Southern. Averaged at least 17 ppg all 3 seasons.

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,083

    Default

    Is it time to worry a little?

    By now, haven't there - in the past - been a list of several targets that we are zero'ing in upon?

    It was my understanding that even throughout the year, there was "one" (highly secret, I never knew who) that they were pretty well counting upon. A "former 4-5*? Do I have that wrong.

    I'm not wanting to panic, but I'd have thought we'd have a list by now.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Is it time to worry a little?

    By now, haven't there - in the past - been a list of several targets that we are zero'ing in upon?

    It was my understanding that even throughout the year, there was "one" (highly secret, I never knew who) that they were pretty well counting upon. A "former 4-5*? Do I have that wrong.

    I'm not wanting to panic, but I'd have thought we'd have a list by now.
    Not yet. Remember Wesley and Mathews were extremely late - I believe Wesley didn’t schedule visits Till late May. The NBA process makes this a bit more difficult as well. We’re still giving our guys due diligence and going through the process of whether or not they wanna come back. Once they’ve made their decision, I’m sure we’ll hear more names and fill our roster
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,428

    Default

    Transfer information often comes very late. I'll start worrying if we haven't heard anything by mid to late June.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Transfer information often comes very late. I'll start worrying if we haven't heard anything by mid to late June.
    +1!!

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Not yet. Remember Wesley and Mathews were extremely late - I believe Wesley didn’t schedule visits Till late May. The NBA process makes this a bit more difficult as well. We’re still giving our guys due diligence and going through the process of whether or not they wanna come back. Once they’ve made their decision, I’m sure we’ll hear more names and fill our roster
    Yes, wise words.

    However, I was under the assumption (presumption?) that there was almost a "bird in the hand," I never got a name, not even a hint, but it seemed that some "knew" there was someone coming, and I would've thought that we'd have had a name by now, if that was the case.

    I thought we'd even heard 4-5* type of PG coming, a "BCS 4-5^ coming" but I can't recall now how long it has been since we heard those whispers.

    Oh well, we'll see.

    I am as excited about the next two years as any in GU basketball, that's for sure.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,094

    Default More on Max Hazzard

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    GU has shown interest in ... Max Hazzard. ... Hazzard was UCI's point guard and is a grad transfer. Averaged 13 ppg, put up 19 on KSU in the tourney.
    "Jeff Goodman of Stadium tweeted that UC-Irvine grad transfer ... Hazzard, who was the leading scorer for Big West champion Irvine this past season, is looking at Arizona, Gonzaga, TCU, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Irvine ... . Hazzard, a 5-foot-10 guard, averaged 12.5 points per game and shot 38.7 percent from three-point range this year. He scored 19 points and hit 5 of 11 three-point attempts in the Anteaters’ upset of fourth-seeded Kansas State in the first round of this year's NCAA Tournament. He had just seven points in the second-round loss to Oregon. .Hazzard is the grandson of former UCLA star Walt Hazzard."

    https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/ba...06aGtEIY5ZNDQ/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "Jeff Goodman of Stadium tweeted that UC-Irvine grad transfer ... Hazzard, who was the leading scorer for Big West champion Irvine this past season, is looking at Arizona, Gonzaga, TCU, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Irvine ... . Hazzard, a 5-foot-10 guard, averaged 12.5 points per game and shot 38.7 percent from three-point range this year. He scored 19 points and hit 5 of 11 three-point attempts in the Anteaters’ upset of fourth-seeded Kansas State in the first round of this year's NCAA Tournament. He had just seven points in the second-round loss to Oregon. .Hazzard is the grandson of former UCLA star Walt Hazzard."

    https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/ba...06aGtEIY5ZNDQ/
    Anyone have a real assessment of him? I think I saw one of their games but how does he do in high level play? Big assist and play maker or...?

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Anyone have a real assessment of him? I think I saw one of their games but how does he do in high level play? Big assist and play maker or...?
    Led his team in assists and scoring, 1.62 AST.
    https://ucirvinesports.com/documents...df?path=mbball
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  24. #474
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    From all the interest we've shown in grad transfer and undergrad transfer guards from all over the country, at every level, we can likely deduct there is no program-saving 4 or 5*, high major-esque grad transfer PG coming in next season.

    At least not next year. Even if nothing had leaked at this point, he'd likely be listed, or added to the newly created grad transfer portal. You are allowed to enter your name even if you haven't technically graduated yet. We have shown interest in 4 or 5 solid lower tier guards for a reason, its a #'s game and taking what we can get, and need.

    I'm not saying it isn't a remote possibility, yet the chances are very slim.

    I feel the hype was surrounding an Oregon kid (Pritchard) we were connected to and had shown some off-the-record interest late last off-season. There was at least some interest by said player at that time. With Oregon winning the Pac 12, his stock rising, and carrying them to a Sweet 16 birth can change a kid's tune.

    I have no idea if this is the player Bobzag and others were referring to, I just know what I heard. Also, there was some mention of Daejon Davis from Stanford. A former recruit, yet he's a Junior to be, and would be a sit one, play 2 type of transfer and 2 yrs away.

    I am definitely adjusting my expectations and hope of a program-changing type grad transfer this off-season. We are in play with a number of options, yet none are elite. For that, I'm certain.

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    From all the interest we've shown in grad transfer and undergrad transfer guards from all over the country, at every level, we can likely deduct there is no program-saving 4 or 5*, high major-esque grad transfer PG coming in next season.

    At least not next year. Even if nothing had leaked at this point, he'd likely be listed, or added to the newly created grad transfer portal. You are allowed to enter your name even if you haven't technically graduated yet. We have shown interest in 4 or 5 solid lower tier guards for a reason, its a #'s game and taking what we can get, and need.

    I'm not saying it isn't a remote possibility, yet the chances are very slim.

    I feel the hype was surrounding an Oregon kid (Pritchard) we were connected to and had shown some off-the-record interest late last off-season. There was at least some interest by said player at that time. With Oregon winning the Pac 12, his stock rising, and carrying them to a Sweet 16 birth can change a kid's tune.

    I have no idea if this is the player Bobzag and others were referring to, I just know what I heard. Also, there was some mention of Daejon Davis from Stanford. A former recruit, yet he's a Junior to be, and would be a sit one, play 2 type of transfer and 2 yrs away.

    I am definitely adjusting my expectations and hope of a program-changing type grad transfer this off-season. We are in play with a number of options, yet none are elite. For that, I'm certain.
    Remember this is the first year a player can declare for the NBA and go through the process and then pull out and go back to school, that includes potentially transferring too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •