X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ladyzag12
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2019

Hommes is an animal and would probably be our leading scorer if he made it to GU. Guy has a great sroke, good handle, great size, and incredible work ethic. I don't see Tucker making it to GU. UNC is the runaway favorite and he has skeletons in his closet.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Hommes played harder today than he did last game, but to me he is still not aggressive enough. The guy looks like Hero from Kentucky. If he played as hard and as aggressive as Hero he could be a star here, but unfortunately he does not. Has the talent, but could the coaching staff get him to actually play hard, that is the question. Tucker would be a much better option. I may be wrong but I don't think White goes pro. Roy Williams' freshmen do not leave after 1 season very often, I don't see White being any different. I guess we will find out. Coach Few does a wonderful job of evaluating talent that fits the Zag system. In my opinion he does this better than any other coach in the country. There is not a player on this team that any of the big boys would have recruited because they didn't have enough stars beside their name, but Few and Lloyd have molded these guys into the most efficient TEAM in the country.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I agree Hommes is not a guard. Tucker has skeletons in his closet ? We took the guy from Vanderbilt who had supposed skeletons in his closet and he worked out ok for us, did he not ? I didn't say I didn't like Hommes he just didn't play as hard as I would of liked to see. If coach Few wants him that's fine with me. Would love to see Tucker here. I would like to see Ballo come in and be a rebounding beast from day one.

Comment

• Goshzagit
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Keep hearing about Hommes but still zero connection to GU other than he fits the profile of a Zag recruit of old. Odd.

Comment

• 23dpg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
            And you based all of that on watching "a bit of the first half"? lol
            Did you even read my thread? Lol??

I stated that it was too small a sample size to make a conclusion. After that is all about what nba mock drafts have to say. And none of them are saying he’s getting drafted. Maybe he will, but lol.
            Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

For those of us who forgot to stay abreast of where things stand, is there any way someone can do a quick "Catch-up" on who we think are prospects, and what the odds are of getting that person. I even reviewed several pages and it's hard to tell.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
                It’s kind of hard right now because a lot of players have not officially declared themselves as grad transfer yet because of the tournament still going on. I think everything will be much clearer in the next 2 to 3 weeks. But it’s safe to say that Rayjohn Tucker from Little Rock is the highest priority transfer in the country but I would think that Carolina is in the lead since he’s from Charlotte.
                That young man lives a couple of hundred miles from UNC and as I said before, he isn’t trekking nearly 3k miles to go to a school when a Blue Blood that is right around the corner is calling...

Comment

• EEzag
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Aug 2007

All true. Seems like both our rosters are turning over and both need a PG. Roy's style of play might suit him better as well. We only know 5% of what's going on, and I would guess sometimes even less.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Top transfer report

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

Article on the Best Sit Out and Grad Transfers Available for Next Season

I am sure there are more names to come and this list will be further updated. For now-- here are the best available. Hoping a good PG becomes available!!

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2007

David Jenkins out of South Dakota State is transferring. I imagine he will be one of the top transfers on the market, if not the top transfer. Dude averaged 20 ppg as a soph, while shooting 45% from three point land.

Hes from Tacoma Washington..... hmmmm

Comment

• doctorzag
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                          David Jenkins out of South Dakota State is transferring. I imagine he will be one of the top transfers on the market, if not the top transfer. Dude averaged 20 ppg as a soph, while shooting 45% from three point land.

Hes from Tacoma Washington..... hmmmm
                          1.5 Assists per game 2.6 turnovers per game.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

If White from Carolina goes pro, I feel that they get Cole Anthony to play the point. I feel that Tucker wants to show the scouts that he has point guard skills, and where better to do that than Zag nation ? With all the talent that will be here next year and us needing a point guard, I can see Tucker coming here especially if the coaches throw the full court press on him. If he goes to Carolina and White is still there Tucker is not playing point guard. If White is gone, Cole Anthony will be their point guard. Tucker has already proven he can score big time and will be stuck in the same role if he goes to Carolina. He can come here and show the scouts that he has point guard skills. That is just my opinion, but I can see that happening. What you think about that Spy, and Caldwell ?

Comment

• OntZags
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Jan 2017

Mike Daum's partner in crime from South Dakota St. has announced he's transferring. A sit one, play two years player.

Averaged 19.7PPG/3.4RBG/1/5APG. Shot 45.3% from 3. Knock on him is poor defense and can be a bit chucky at times but definitely a skilled offensive player. A year redshirting could drill away his flaws. Could be good replacement for Snacks in 2020.

He's from Tacoma Washington.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2018

I would look at the grad transfers only at this point, as for the recruiting class 2020 Suggs is our priority at the guard position and we already have Harris in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X