Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Grad transfer thread

Default Potential Grad transfer thread

I thought that we had one, but I couldn't find it using the search feature. Someone posted about this kid a month or two ago, but I couldn't find it, said that he's either gonna transfer to a top D1 program or declare for the dradt. Kids a flat out stud and is a Washington native.

SAN DIEGO - Daulton Hommes has been named the PacWest Player of the Week for the second time this season. (Nov. 26)

Hommes recorded his third 30-point game in a Point Loma uniform on Friday against Cal State San Bernardino as the Sea Lions defeated the Coyotes. The transfer from Western Washington made 5-of-10 shots from 3-point territory and also earned 11 points at the charity stripe. Against Saint Cloud State, Hommes added another 21 points for an average of 25.5 points per game to lead the conference for the week. He finished with a total of 51 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal. The junior ranks 11th in the nation in scoring with 24.3 points per game.

https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/1...-the-week.aspx

We might want to avoid "tampering."
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    We might want to avoid "tampering."
    Seriously? A. He'd be a grad transfer and B. We're just posting on a message board.

Odd he didn't transfer up to D1 program.

I don't know if it'll ever happen, probably not, but I've always wished Daejon Davis of Stanford would transfer to GU. Few tried hard to get him. But he may want that coveted Stanford diploma. Perhaps a route like Reid Travis?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post

I don't know if it'll ever happen, probably not, but I've always wished Daejon Davis of Stanford would transfer to GU. Few tried hard to get him. But he may want that coveted Stanford diploma. Perhaps a route like Reid Travis?
    Are you dropping a little hint?

I just looked at his numbers for the season. One word, "ewwww'. Hard pass.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...2/daejon-davis

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I thought that we had one, but I couldn't find it using the search feature. Someone posted about this kid a month or two ago, but I couldn't find it, said that he's either gonna transfer to a top D1 program or declare for the dradt. Kids a flat out stud and is a Washington native.

SAN DIEGO - Daulton Hommes has been named the PacWest Player of the Week for the second time this season. (Nov. 26)

Hommes recorded his third 30-point game in a Point Loma uniform on Friday against Cal State San Bernardino as the Sea Lions defeated the Coyotes. The transfer from Western Washington made 5-of-10 shots from 3-point territory and also earned 11 points at the charity stripe. Against Saint Cloud State, Hommes added another 21 points for an average of 25.5 points per game to lead the conference for the week. He finished with a total of 51 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal. The junior ranks 11th in the nation in scoring with 24.3 points per game.

https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/1...-the-week.aspx
    Article and video about him on ESPN today. This kid is a flat out stud. Hopefully he'll be in a GU uni next season:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...teams-watching

He did not transfer to a D1 school because he would have had to sit out a year and he did not want to do that. Heck I went to Point Loma and there are very few D2 schools you would rather go to, the beach, the female population, the school is good too!

What about this guy; averaging 22ppg and 7 apg. He's originally from SoCal. Says that he's a senior but only shows him playing 2 years:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...brian-beard-jr.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He did not transfer to a D1 school because he would have had to sit out a year and he did not want to do that. Heck I went to Point Loma and there are very few D2 schools you would rather go to, the beach, the female population, the school is good too!
    You did? You're the king of inside scoops, surely you must of heard something about Hommes? This kid is legit!

What about this guy; averaging 22ppg and 7 apg. He's originally from SoCal. Says that he's a senior but only shows him playing 2 years:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...brian-beard-jr.
    Never mind, went to Chaffey juco for 2 years.

You did? You're the king of inside scoops, surely you must of heard something about Hommes? This kid is legit!
    I have talked to people from Point Loma that I know and know him, as of right now the feeling is he is going to go pro and has a legit shot at a late first round pick. If he does not go pro he will tranfer to a D1 program for his last year of eligibilty is what I was told. That being said I could not get a list of interested schools out of the people I know, but they said that he will go to a legit title contending school if he does not go pro. I asked directly about Gonzaga and was told to wait a little longer to see what happens with him going pro and then they would tell me more.

Never mind, went to Chaffey juco for 2 years.
    He looks like the type of guy who is willing to jack up a lot of shots, as he shot under 30%. But as you said he went to JUCO for 2 years, so he is not eligible after this year.

Daejon Davis, babyyy!

Daejon Davis, babyyy!
    Not. Interested. At. All.

Default Daulton Hommes, recruit?

ESPN Insider article on Daulton Hommes.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...teams-watching

Hommes' strong summer carried over into an excellent start to his redshirt junior campaign. He went for 33 points in the season opener and followed up with a 37-point effort the next night. He can shoot it with range off the catch, get it going on the move, create enough space out of quick actions, attack a closeout into athletic finishes and score out of the post with right shoulder turnarounds and basic jump hooks.

Although he has slowed down a bit lately with opponents denying him and sending double-teams, Hommes has backed up his summer buzz with his play, drawing plenty of visits from NBA teams. With his history of ACL injuries and lack of high-level experience, he isn't short on question marks. He can blend in too often offensively. Defensively, his motor needs revving. Whether he can slide with NBA wings or rebound well enough to exist as a modern 4 are things NBA teams will want answered before feeling confident about drafting him.

He is still rediscovering his former point guard-level offensive feel for the game as a facilitator, and his ball skills can use some refining, as well.

But at his size -- with one of the smoothest shooting strokes in college basketball, along with pop as a leaper -- Hommes has a lot to work with. His skill package is built for a workout setting, which is important as scouts will have questions about the level of competition he has faced at the Division II level, especially if he doesn't average huge numbers this season.

Should he take on a full load of classes in the spring and finish four credits in the summer, Hommes would be eligible to graduate transfer to a high major program and play in the 2019-20 season. He has drawn a lot of interest from top schools such as Virginia and Gonzaga, according to Looney.

But Hommes is fully expecting to test the NBA draft waters in hopes of impressing scouts and executives on the workout circuit and starting a pro career. From scouting Hommes and chatting with NBA talent evaluators, it's clear that his combination of size and skill give him the potential to hear his name called in June, should everything check out medically.

6' 8" 215 for those interested.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I don't subscribe to ESPN Insider and yet I could read the entire article.

Going to the NBA after this year

His current coach

“He literally just wants to be a college kid and have fun with his teammates,” says Looney, whose Sea Lions are picked to win the PacWest Conference. “He doesn’t want to deal with any of it. I would love it if he stayed here for two years. We’d be extremely blessed. But the reality is, if he’s that good, he needs to graduate and just go pro.”

“All these scouts are looking for the next sleeper, the next hidden gem, and that’s what Daulton is. If you got NBA game, the NBA will come find you.”

https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/...daulton-hommes

Not. Interested. At. All.
    Speak. For. Yourself.

Come to GU, Daejon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Going to the NBA after this year

His current coach

“He literally just wants to be a college kid and have fun with his teammates,” says Looney, whose Sea Lions are picked to win the PacWest Conference. “He doesn’t want to deal with any of it. I would love it if he stayed here for two years. We’d be extremely blessed. But the reality is, if he’s that good, he needs to graduate and just go pro.”

“All these scouts are looking for the next sleeper, the next hidden gem, and that’s what Daulton is. If you got NBA game, the NBA will come find you.”

https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/...daulton-hommes
    I do not know Looney personally, so it was kind of interesting that he said Gonzaga and Virginia, as people I know in the athletic department said there is a list, but they can't say who. That being said they think he will go NBA as well.

Go Sea Lions!!

Zags have a dire need for guards in 2019. Ball-handling PGs and CGs. Much needed. I don't understand why the staff would want a 6'7"/8" guy. Yes, he can shoot it but Few needs guards to bring up the ball and pass it to Petrusev, Arlauskas, Timme, Watson, Zakharov, et al. Maybe Clarke. Even if Norvell were to return, he'd need help.

Speak. For. Yourself.

Come to GU, Daejon!
    I am speaking for myself. I posted his numbers high up in this thread; they're not good.

Hommes apparently a Gordon Hayward clone. I really hope he comes to GU for one season to fill in for Zach if he goes pro early.

Zags have a dire need for guards in 2019. Ball-handling PGs and CGs. Much needed. I don't understand why the staff would want a 6'7"/8" guy. Yes, he can shoot it but Few needs guards to bring up the ball and pass it to Petrusev, Arlauskas, Timme, Watson, Zakharov, et al. Maybe Clarke. Even if Norvell were to return, he'd need help.
    Hommes is a tall guard/sf. He can play the sg while Cory plays the 3.