Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Announcers For Washington Game

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I'm sure Pasch had no clue what he was referencing. I had to think a bit to get it but then I was caught up in the action of the game. Would you call the Larry Craig stance a stalling tactic?
    You have no shame.....

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    I actually laughed out loud when he said that. Now did he have that line prepared and the situation presented itself or did it just come out of his acid driven brain? I have to admit he was entertaining tonight and talked up Spokane and the Zags, whereas I had to mute the end of his game in Maui.
    When I heard him make the Larry Craig comment I laughed out loud as well. There are probably very few people that can get away with making that comment in today's society and Walton is one of them. He was better than normal, but does he know anything about basketball! He played for John Wooden and still acts like he has not clue about the game sometimes. "That's the best pass I have seen all season" really it was good, but pretty basic pass. "Best shot taken by him tonight." Yeah it's the only one he has made. The dude is crazy! Pasch was getting tired of working with him, I loved when he was talking about TSA and Pasch was like we are not flying together and Walton wanted to know where he was going and he would not say. Classic!

This was good though.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolReags/st...38133601705984

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    It's gotta be tough being a Walton sidekick during a game! Pasch got a workout!
    I actually like Walton. Although I'd certainly cringe if he were to be working a few Zags games. I think if Walton got paired up with the right co-announcer together they could be both very entertaining and informative. I wonder who Walton would pair up best with????
    Hunter S Thompson, but that won't work now.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I may hate Bill Walton even more than Dave Pasch does. As much as I despise both of them I would love for ESPN to pair up Walton and Dickie V for one game. Like a train wreck, I couldn’t help but watch it just to see how little of the game on the court they discuss.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I may hate Bill Walton even more than Dave Pasch does. As much as I despise both of them I would love for ESPN to pair up Walton and Dickie V for one game. Like a train wreck, I couldn’t help but watch it just to see how little of the game on the court they discuss.
    +1 It would be like a train wreck that is for sure, but one of those train wrecks you can't help but watch.

Thompson might still work....I am not sure he needs a straight man...Is it real or is it memorex ???.....maybe it is all a production and everyone on the crew is in on it including Pasch..

I doubt these guys fly commercial...depends on where they are going if they fly on the same plane or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    You can tell Walton enjoys touring the cities/areas he visits and learns the history of the region. It's cool if you're a fan of that team's city as he is a great ambassador. Not so much, if you're a fan of the other team or neither team. He reminds me of Dickie V. where he has become a celebrity among the students and fans.

I liked his gem about Spokane being close to 76 lakes. I thought it was only 50ish.

He's still the best college basketball player I've ever watched. His ability to spin mid rebound and make the outlet pass to a guard was pure magic. The guy was a point center. And his 44 points on 21-of-22 shooting in the national championship game Memphis St was one of the greatest sports performances I've ever seen.
    IIRC we always used to say seventy something lakes within an hours drive of Spokane. That was a C of C promotion.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    +1 It would be like a train wreck that is for sure, but one of those train wrecks you can't help but watch.
    ESPN really dropped the ball. UCLA-Notre Dame Saturday would’ve been perfect for the worst commentated game in history.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I don't listen closely but I think I heard him say...." a Larry Craig wide stance "...…..no way that could have been a spontaneous comment …..could it ? I mean, who has thoughts like that in their brain....
    Yes, you did...

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/bil...n-gonzaga.html

Fittingly enough, from AwfulAnnouncing.com.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I don't listen closely but I think I heard him say...." a Larry Craig wide stance "...…..no way that could have been a spontaneous comment …..could it ? I mean, who has thoughts like that in their brain....

Gotta' figure out a way to work that into my signature line!!
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    I think if Walton got paired up with the right co-announcer together they could be both very entertaining and informative. I wonder who Walton would pair up best with????
    I think we already saw it during the UCLA-LMU game last Sunday. Anne Marie Anderson was excellent both in her own right and as a capable foil to Crazy Bill. She had a few quick comebacks that left Walton speechless (well, for about 2 seconds anyway!). Just think if she was the "voice of the Zags". Well, one can dream...

Link: https://twitter.com/annemanderson
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut