#9 Michigan State @ Louisville
    #5 Nevada @ Loyola - Chicago
    UT Arlington @ Tulsa
    Pitt @ # 14 Iowa
    NC State @ # 22 Wisconsin
    EWU @ Washington
    Indiana @ #3 Duke

Never thought I would say "go Duke!"
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I never will.

I think Duke will end up fine this year and will be a really good win on GU's resume. No need to root for them. Ever.

Illinois Chicago and Nevada is on right now. Rematch of last years sweet sixteen. @LIC
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

The Musselmans are very long. Athletic. Tough matchup for Zags. Clayton Custer, ramblers point guard, bulked up too much, lost some quickness.

Nevada plays like Loyola Marymount of yore. playground. Freakishly athletic. No Jeff Fryer though. My favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nevada plays like Loyola Marymount of yore. playground. Freakishly athletic. No Jeff Fryer though. My favorite.
    Jeff Fryer was awesome. Great shooter. We actually went out drinking in downtown Spokane with him after the game once. No idea how that happened now that I think about it. Different times I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I think Duke will end up fine this year and will be a really good win on GU's resume. No need to root for them. Ever.
    I think Gonzaga will be a good loss on Duke's resume.

Man I dislike Chris Mack. He’s at Louisville? Perfect!
    Michigan State and Louisville going to overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by djdallaszag View Post
    Jeff Fryer was awesome. Great shooter. We actually went out drinking in downtown Spokane with him after the game once. No idea how that happened now that I think about it. Different times I guess...
    He and a couple of LMU players showed up at a house party back in the day, along with several Jesuits.

A better time.

In some ways.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

NC State 73
    Wisconsin 72

Under two minutes to play - -ESPN2

Wisconsin wins 79 - 75, hands NC State its first loss of the season.

Louisville beat Michigan State; Penn State defeats Virginia Tech.

Washington wins, UT Arlington loses. Notre Dame edges Illinois, 76 - 74.

Boise State now 2 - 4 after losing to Drake 83 - 74.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Cougars hosting CSUN (Northridge) in Pullman tonight. Looks to be maybe 85 spectators in Friel Court. Players of interest in this contest are Robert Franks for WSU, averaging 28.3 pts per game (3rd best in D-1). Also Lamine Diane for CSUN averaging 24.8 pts/game, 14th in D-1 nationally. So sad to see all those empty seats in Pullman...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I never will.
    Ditto!
    Bilas working the propaganda game big time repeatedly telling us that, "Indiana is a really good team". Based on what? I think they're terrible. It's just unnecessary, Duke doesn't need to be propped up, they're great on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Cougars hosting CSUN (Northridge) in Pullman tonight. Looks to be maybe 85 spectators in Friel Court. Players of interest in this contest are Robert Franks for WSU, averaging 28.3 pts per game (3rd best in D-1). Also Lamine Diane for CSUN averaging 24.8 pts/game, 14th in D-1 nationally. So sad to see all those empty seats in Pullman...
    Can we poach this kid? I feel terrible for saying that....well, not too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Can we poach this kid? I feel terrible for saying that....well, not too terrible.
    Sure can. He would have to be a Grad Asst. however as his eligibility will have been used up.

Sure can. He would have to be a Grad Asst. however as his eligibility will have been used up.
    Curses!

Default Brown

Despite the fact that he became a McDonald's AA, and despite the fact that he had a good game in the McDonald's AA game, there is a reason why Gonzaga stopped recruiting Jordan Brown several months before he made his school decision, and why, despite a lot of blue blood interest at first, so many of those schools backed away from recruiting him. I am not going to get into it, but let's just put it like this. Nevada played at Loyola of Chicago tonight, and despite the fact that Nevada won rather easily, Jordan only played 4 minutes. I know Nevada is deep, but it is not a roster rich in NBA talent. There isn't a single guaranteed NBA player on their roster, and that includes Caleb Martin.

Brown may turn into a NBA player one day, but it's not going to happen at the pace that some people thought it was going to be.

Default MWC/MVC Challenge

So far in the MWC/MWV Challenge:

MVC 2 MWC 1

Games that will take place tomorrow:

Wyoming at Evansville
    Northern Iowa at Utah State
    Missouri State at Air Force
    Indiana State and SJSU
    Valpo at UNLV

On Saturday:

SDSU at Illinois State
    New Mexico at Bradley

I wouldn't be shocked if the series is fairly even.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The Musselmans are very long. Athletic. Tough matchup for Zags. Clayton Custer, ramblers point guard, bulked up too much, lost some quickness.
    A major college basketball analyst in the biz feels that Custer is a team weakness. He is not a national championship level PG. I continue to say their biggest obstacle is a lack of NBA talent. They have no sure fire NBA player, and that includes Caleb Martin. You simply need guys like Rui Hachimura to win national championships. Nevada can certainly make a final 4, but to win all 6 games is going to be super hard.

I am NOT saying Nevada is not capable of beating Gonzaga in a single game playoff. But GU is the more talented team. Some of these folks who think otherwise are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    A major college basketball analyst in the biz feels that Custer is a team weakness. He is not a national championship level PG. I continue to say their biggest obstacle is a lack of NBA talent. They have no sure fire NBA player, and that includes Caleb Martin. You simply need guys like Rui Hachimura to win national championships. Nevada can certainly make a final 4, but to win all 6 games is going to be super hard.

I am NOT saying Nevada is not capable of beating Gonzaga in a single game playoff. But GU is the more talented team. Some of these folks who think otherwise are delusional.
    custer doesn't play for nevada...he's the pg for loyola

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    custer doesn't play for nevada...he's the pg for loyola
    Sorry, that was a late night typo. Thanks. After all, who can forever forget Custer's last stand last March?? It was a part of Loyola's magical run to the final 4. I meant Cody Martin, although he was gotten off to a good start this season. 6.1apg.

Caught the tail end of the Nevada game vs Loyola of Chicago. Was interested to see the officials were WCC/PAC 12 guys.

I'm assuming that Loyola will be returning the game to Reno next year. Does anyone know?

Caught the tail end of the Nevada game vs Loyola of Chicago. Was interested to see the officials were WCC/PAC 12 guys.

I'm assuming that Loyola will be returning the game to Reno next year. Does anyone know?
    The game is a part of the MWC/MVC Challenge. It's not a home & home deal. The two teams faced each other because ESPN viewed them as the best 2 teams from their respective conferences. Not sure what will happen next season, except that Loyola will probably get a road game and NV the opposite. Kind of like the Big 10/ACC Challenge. But who knows, the same 2 teams could face each other again next year. I don't know what the rules are for the challenge. I don't think I have ever seen the same Big 10/ACC teams face each other in back to back seasons.

Thanks CDC; was asleep at the wheel for that one.