Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Drew Timme Commit

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    JJ Pearce wins it 66-47.
    Drew is a flat out stud! Can't wait for him to get on campus!

JJ Pearce playing now vs. South Grand Prairie in first playoff game. At the end of the first quarter, JJ Pearce leads 19-13.

Drew #2 in blue.

JJ Pearce wins it 66-56. Next game is Friday in Fort Worth.

Drew in a brief interview on twitter:

https://twitter.com/ihss_dfw/status/1098049338318700545

Two stars of this game in the @JJPbasketball win! @drewtimme2 finished his night with 31 points and @AmadiChoz1 16! They will play on Friday night most likely Vs Denton Guyer #ihss #txhsbb #txhshoops #playoffs

Playoff Round 2, JJ Pearce vs. Denton Guyer

Denton Guyer leads it 17-15 in the first quarter.

Playoff Round 2, JJ Pearce vs. Denton Guyer

Denton Guyer leads it 17-15 in the first quarter.

Thank you for posting! Enjoyed the last game as well.

JJ Pearce got shellacked. I've forgotten the score, but it was about a 20 point difference.

JJ Pearce got shellacked. I've forgotten the score, but it was about a 20 point difference.
    Shoot! But thanks.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Game story: https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/boys...597edc646.html

COPPELL — Guyer junior JaKobe Coles quickly showed he was up for the challenge when it came to defending Richardson Pearce senior Drew Timme in the paint Friday night in the Class 6A area round of the playoffs.

Coles held Timme scoreless until the final seconds of the first quarter and put together an impressive defensive performance that helped give the Wildcats momentum early in the game.
    Timme finished with a game-high 26 points, 17 of which came in the final two quarters, but Michigan signee Jalen Wilson scored 22 and Oklahoma signee De’Vion Harmon had 10 of his 20 points in the fourth to help the Wildcats pull away for a 75-57 win.
    But when Coles picked up his third foul on the opening possession of the third and had to switch off Timme on defense, the Gonzaga signee helped the Mustangs stay in the game.

Timme had 13 points in the third, but the Guyer defense shut down the rest of the Pearce lineup. Timme was the only Mustangs player to score in the third, and the rest of the team combined for 11 points in the second half.

Pearce Basketball

@JJP_Basketball
    58m58 minutes ago
    More
    Congratulations to @drewtimme2 and @6_sterling Drew voted Most Valuable Player of District 8-6A and Sterling 1st team All District 8-6A.

Ballislife.com

Verified account

@Ballislife
    22m22 minutes ago
    More
    .@drewtimme2 is officially a Ballislife All-American!

Pearce Basketball

@JJP_Basketball
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    @drewtimme2 rewrote the record books of JJ Pearce Basketball. He finished his career with 3,102 points, 1,889 rebounds, 478 assists, and 265 blocked shots. All of these are school records. So proud to have him wear a Mustang Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Pearce Basketball

@JJP_Basketball
    1m1 minute ago
    Moret
    @drewtimme2 rewrote the record books of JJ Pearce Basketball. He finished his career with 3,102 points, 1,889 rebounds, 478 assists, and 265 blocked shots. All of these are school records. So proud to have him wear a Mustang Jersey.
    Good grief, I had no idea his numbers were that eye poppingly good. Did he score more points than Ravet?

I'm particularly impressed with the assist numbers from a high school center. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Good grief, I had no idea his numbers were that eye poppingly good. Did he score more points than Ravet?

I'm particularly impressed with the assist numbers from a high school center. Wow!
    An athletic Karnowski?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    An athletic Karnowski?

Not in my opinion. Mainly because he really doesn't play as a back to basket type.

I know this is really, really, really unfair to everyone in this conversation and to whom this conversation is about, BUT I'm just going to throw out what I thought when I have watched Timme play on video at the HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. I thought to myself, that kid looks like Larry Bird out there.

Has a black kid ever been compared to Larry Bird? Just curious.

Not in my opinion. Mainly because he really doesn't play as a back to basket type.

I know this is really, really, really unfair to everyone in this conversation and to whom this conversation is about, BUT I'm just going to throw out what I thought when I have watched Timme play on video at the HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. I thought to myself, that kid looks like Larry Bird out there.
    I thought he was a lot like Domas in the video I saw. He is a very good passer, no doubt. I didn't see anything from range in the stuff I watched but I wouldn't doubt he has some face up game. I didn't see Bird myself, but that doesn't diminish your view, just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Has a black kid ever been compared to Larry Bird? Just curious.
    Has a white kid ever been compared to Jordan or LeBron?

Regardless of the question... few people get compared to Bird, mostly because his style of play was so uniquely his own.

JMHO... never a fan of comparing any new player with someone from the past... just me... not fair to anyone involved.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I thought he was a lot like Domas in the video I saw. He is a very good passer, no doubt. I didn't see anything from range in the stuff I watched but I wouldn't doubt he has some face up game. I didn't see Bird myself, but that doesn't diminish your view, just my take.
    I should clarify. I was praising his passing game and Kitz replied with "An athletic Karnowski?" regarding Karnowski's great floor vision and passing out of the post. We will see, of course, but Timme against high school competition seems to have very good handles, even in the open floor, and did a lot of passing from a facing the basket position, rather than the post up.

I think he can shoot with range, but I'm not sure if he depends on it. I have seen plenty of evidence that he is comfortable breaking a defender down off the dribble.

That all said, he seems to be versatile with a high basketball IQ and his stats back it up.

Lastly, I'm not sure what the point of asking if a black kid has ever been compared to Larry Bird?

IMHO what made Larry Bird unique is the fact that although he lacked the athleticism of nearly everyone around him (in the NBA), he was quite possibly the most skilled player with the highest basketball IQ to ever play the game. In fact, interestingly enough, Magic Johnson might be a good black player to compare to Larry Bird as someone nearly as skilled with a little more athleticism than Larry.

IMHO what made Larry Bird unique is the fact that although he lacked the athleticism of nearly everyone around him (in the NBA), he was quite possibly the most skilled player with the highest basketball IQ to ever play the game. In fact, interestingly enough, Magic Johnson might be a good black player to compare to Larry Bird as someone nearly as skilled with a little more athleticism than Larry.
    Those two were two peas in a pod. One with more athleticism, the other with an uncanny ability to hit the basket from anywhere on the floor.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Nobody had the mental toughness of Larry Bird. Jordan was a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Nobody had the mental toughness of Larry Bird. Jordan was a close second.
    I wasn't a big fan of Jordan. He was great, but he seemed to use his body a lot to get open. Kicking his legs out at odd angles to keep defenders away and to draw a foul on them is just one example.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Jordan. He was great, but he seemed to use his body a lot to get open. Kicking his legs out at odd angles to keep defenders away and to draw a foul on them is just one example.
    Based on HS alone, I see a lot of Christian Laettner in Drew. Of course, Laettner's college success is legendary, but for a High School comparison, I'd say they play a lot alike.

Ballislife.com

Verified account

@Ballislife
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Gonzaga bound Drew Timme during King of The Court at Ballislife All American practice ��

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...71621743955968