Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Drew Timme Commit

He is already my favorite player! Hope we can keep him more than one year. So multi-skilled. So competitive!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    He is already my favorite player! Hope we can keep him more than one year. So multi-skilled. So competitive!
    If you haven't read this story, you're going to like him even more:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ri...475068503.html

Richardson Teens Help Family Escape House Fire

Four members of the J.J. Pearce High School Basketball team are being hailed heroes after helping a north Dallas family escape from their burning home early Saturday morning.

According to Dallas Fire-Rescue, the fire was caused by an electrical issue in the attic.

Three basketball players and the team’s manager were driving home together after Friday’s playoff victory against the Woodlands shortly after midnight when they saw smoke and decided to check it out.

“We could barely see because it was so foggy, and we rolled our windows down, and it smelled like a fire,” said junior Drew Timme.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    If you haven't read this story, you're going to like him even more:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ri...475068503.html
    Very impressive

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    Following Following @jakeweingarten
    More
    I’ve said this multiple times, Gonzaga is real lucky to be getting Drew Timme next season. The five-star just scored 38p along with 18rebs and 6 dimes.

Different game--but I love his attitude when challenged
    https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...90296994840576

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    Following Following @jakeweingarten
    More
    I’ve said this multiple times, Gonzaga is real lucky to be getting Drew Timme next season. The five-star just scored 38p along with 18rebs and 6 dimes.

Different game--but I love his attitude when challenged
    https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...90296994840576
    +1 Drew is a huge recruit for us.

Here's a full-game video of JJ Pearce vs. Richardson tonight. Drew is #2 in white. You may not want to watch the whole thing, but I recommend the last 5 minutes or so, going up to Drew's shot to win the game 71-69, after trailing most of the game, ramping up to a back-and-forth ending.

From Twitter:
    Jake
    ‏Verified account @jakeweingarten

Gonzaga signee Drew Timme continues his dominance with a good overall night.

31 points
    12 rebounds
    8 assists#

and... the game winner in OT.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 01-26-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Wow, he is such a good fit here.

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this, but I've watched quite a few of DT's games now and he's a bit too much of a hotdog for my liking. The constant flexing and showboating isn't my cup of tea. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this, but I've watched quite a few of DT's games now and he's a bit too much of a hotdog for my liking. The constant flexing and showboating isn't my cup of tea. Oh well.
    I don't like the flexing that all players(pro college HS) seem to do after contested lay ups. I think it should be banned as taunting

Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Ironic.
    So someone who refers to them selves as an anonymous, irrelevant dork posting on a message board is equivalent to a high school kid constantly flexing his muscles and staring at the crowd? I was thinking about this earlier; people who post on message boards are opinionated by nature.

Ironic.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Ironic.
    That's funny!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I don't like the flexing that all players(pro college HS) seem to do after contested lay ups. I think it should be banned as taunting
    It adds nothing to the game. If it leads to a nationally televised brawl, maybe the NCAA ( or the coaching fraternity ) will lobby to make the taunting subject to a technical foul.

Personally I have no problem with it at all as long as its directed towards the crowd and not the opposing team. It adds entertainment value for me. I love the emotion. Not for everyone I guess, but neither is celebrating a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin N GUice View Post
    Personally I have no problem with it at all as long as its directed towards the crowd and not the opposing team. It adds entertainment value for me. I love the emotion. Not for everyone I guess, but neither is celebrating a touchdown.
    yup. to each his own.

He seems like a player the has fire and passion while playing the game, I'm ok with that.

Honest question, how do you think Timmes style will translate in the college game against faster, stronger players?
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    He seems like a player the has fire and passion while playing the game, I'm ok with that.

Honest question, how do you think Timmes style will translate in the college game against faster, stronger players?
    He has played against the best competition in the country. Like Anton, I see Timme getting mucho playing time as a freshman next season. I truly believe those 2 freshmen will be as good as anybody’s in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post

Being unpredictable is a nice skill. He’ll get stronger. As far as speed is concerned, maybe he’ll be able to adjust. We never know for sure how high schoolers will perform at the next level. There were some questions about speed and length in regard to Domas adjusting to the NBA game. Few and his staff won’t tolerate many antics on the court, but it’s nice to have spirited players.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

SportsDayHS

Verified account

@SportsDayHS
    49m49 minutes ago
    More
    Our boys basketball player of the week is... Richardson Pearce's Drew Timme! ������

Timme had 31 points in the win on top of 12 rebounds and 8 assists and hit the game-winning shot against Richardson. ��

https://twitter.com/BradBallisLife/s...37153446924288

What is Brian standing on? LOL.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

My takaway: Surprisingly good passer, I mean like really pretty dang good. Admirably tenacious on offense, and unfortunetly his videos and game films make it look like he has no idea what defense even should look like let alone trying to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    What is Brian standing on? LOL.
    You're saying he's not 7'3?!?