Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games - Friday - 11. 23. 18

Is Steve Alford going to be able to hang on to his job forever? He really hasn't don't squat at UCLA beyond allowing a player's father to damage his program.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Is Steve Alford going to be able to hang on to his job forever? He really hasn't don't squat at UCLA beyond allowing a player's father to damage his program.
    As much as Sean Miller gets dissed on this board, it's mostly crickets when it comes to Alford. They've had similar amounts of talent and Miller has done way more with it. Alford has never won a regular season Pac 12 crown, never been beyond the Sweet 16, and never finished ahead of Arizona in the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    After watching the Kansas/Tennessee game tonight, there is no question in my mind that Duke and Gonzaga are the superior teams. Not that KU and Tennessee can't beat GU, but I really think if you watched the Duke/GU and Kansas/Tennessee games back to back - beyond Maui having a vastly superior crowd - you couldn't possibly walk away feeling that KU and Tennessee are superior to Duke/GU.

That being said, KU did beat the #5 team in the nation. I just don't see Gonzaga leap frogging them in either poll. They also have that Michigan State win.

The best thing about tonight's game is discovering that I feel GU could beat Kansas or the Vols in a final 4 matchup. Even more so once Tillie gets back.
    Kansan and Tennessee looked tall and athletic and they were good shooters, but they seemed to play a slower game than Gonzaga and Duke.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Kansan and Tennessee looked tall and athletic and they were good shooters, but they seemed to play a slower game than Gonzaga and Duke.
    if azubuike could stay out of foul trouble on defense, he would be a big problem for the zags...unlike bolden at duke, kansas looks to get their big guy the ball at every opportunity.

grant williams vs. rui is going to be epic...they're much more similar in style than zion vs. rui

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    How about Fillitup"?
    Prosaic, Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    As much as Sean Miller gets dissed on this board, it's mostly crickets when it comes to Alford. They've had similar amounts of talent and Miller has done way more with it. Alford has never won a regular season Pac 12 crown, never been beyond the Sweet 16, and never finished ahead of Arizona in the standings.
    Alford implicated in any wrongdoing?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Depends how you define it.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03...red-a-scumbag/

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I didn't look at the link above, but yeah, he had some serious issues long prior to UCLA.

I wasn't referring to any scandals. Much talk of Miller underachieving. Alford could write the book on underachieving.

He hasn't done as well as Lavin, and UCLA fans hated Lavin.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Where did you go Jazz? That's a hell of a lot worse than anything Miller is accused of. No comment?

Apples and rainbows, Cat. A plague on both their houses, if true on your boy.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Where did you go Jazz? That's a hell of a lot worse than anything Miller is accused of. No comment?

Wish the Volshad been able to close it out against Kansas. They weren't, and, coupled with UNC's loss, that diminishes out games in Phoenix and Chapel Hill.

Having said that, Kansas deserves to be #1. When you've been a Zag fan, you learn something about getting shafted. KU's rally against a top 5 team should prevent them from getting the shaft. Plenty of time and opportunity for Zags to move up if it's important to you. Only #1 that really counts is after the Final Four ends. The early polls are nothing more than the baying hounds of the press. For the Zags, as long as they keep winning, there's only one direction for them to go.

Go Zags! Final Four or nothing.