Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Ben Gregg

Default 2021 - Ben Gregg

I am making Ben his own thread as he has stated that Gonzaga is his dream school and he has really broke out this year. Don't be shocked to see an offer here soon.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/pr...e-city-rebels/

Reminds me a bit of Arlauskas.

The ideal scenario is he or his team attend a Zag camp next summer and Few offers and gets a commitment, ala Watson.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I am making Ben his own thread as he has stated that Gonzaga is his dream school and he has really broke out this year. Don't be shocked to see an offer here soon.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/pr...e-city-rebels/
    Your link wasn’t working for some reason. https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/pr...e-city-rebels/
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Can't let this kid get away. His skill level and potential are off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Can't let this kid get away. His skill level and potential are off the charts.
    I completely agree. I hope he is our first recruit for 2021!

Ben's Columbia Christian team is to meet Anton Watson's Gonzaga Prep team tomorrow, December 26th, in the first round of the Les Schwab Invitational Tournament. See the description in Anton Watson's thread, here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...01#post1420001.

Oregon Live previewed the major players in the tourney and had this to say about Ben:

Ben Gregg, Columbia Christian (2A Northwest)

Perhaps the best prospect in the state regardless of age, Gregg (class of 2021) has received scholarship offers from Oregon State, Texas and Washington State, among others. The 6-foot-8 forward excels on both sides of the ball with a knack for scoring. Gregg plays for the Knights, who will be the smallest school (101 students) to ever play in the Les Schwab Invitational.

Photo: Prime Time Sports

Gregg has 20 in a close loss to Grant. Very good showing overall for such a little school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...grant/boxscore

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Gregg has 20 in a close loss to Grant. Very good showing overall for such a little school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...grant/boxscore
    22 rebounds also tonight

So, Shaka Smart has noticed him already. Surely Gregg wouldn’t want to play in Texas when he could play for an outstanding coach closer to home.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Why haven't we offered yet? What are we waiting for?

Gregg 30 points 17 rebounds in todays game

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Gregg 30 points 17 rebounds in todays game
    Nice game. Looks like his team was down 13 entering the 4th quarter. They won it OT. Another win vs a much bigger school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball...tian-vs-barlow

@jakeweingarten

Oregon has extended an offer to 2021 prospect Ben Gregg, he tells Stockrisers. Second offer in as many days, yesterday was California who offered

Here is the LSI boxscore if the Scorebook one doesn't open..

http://lesschwabinvitational.com/lsi...I18-game27.pdf

Excellent Tourney for the young man.

You would think that one of the benefits of Gonzaga over all the other "big" programs is the size and intimacy of the school / campus.

Coming from a 110 student school to a school like Oregon or Texas would be rather intimidating.

I'm excited about Ben, but I have no idea what the staff thinks.

Gregg made LSI all tournament team. He had a slow start against GPrep but still managed to finish the tourney:

Fifth in scoring - 23.3
    First in rebounding - 15.8
    First in blocks - 3.5
    Third is assists - 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    I'm excited about Ben, but I have no idea what the staff thinks.
    Well, if Oregon just offered, I'd say that Few and co. should follow suit.

Gregg made LSI all tournament team. He had a slow start against GPrep but still managed to finish the tourney:

Fifth in scoring - 23.3
    First in rebounding - 15.8
    First in blocks - 3.5
    Third is assists - 4.3
    He's 6'9, or 6'10 now? I wonder if this is gonna be an Olynyk v 2.0 where he started out as a wing but kept growing and growing until he was a center.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's 6'9, or 6'10 now? I wonder if this is gonna be an Olynyk v 2.0 where he started out as a wing but kept growing and growing until he was a center.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Why haven't we offered yet? What are we waiting for?
    Patience here. He will be our first offer for 2021, but D. Harris was a really young offer for us and it wasn't even offered this early.

Patience here. He will be our first offer for 2021, but D. Harris was a really young offer for us and it wasn't even offered this early.
    +1

i think andy poling committed to us as a freshman -- and, iirc, was a top 10 or so recruit, our *best* recruit ever by rating at time of commitment.

go get him, few!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    i think andy poling committed to us as a freshman -- and, iirc, was a top 10 or so recruit, our *best* recruit ever by rating at time of commitment.

go get him, few!
    At one point as a freshman or sophomore in HS he was the #4 or 5 ranked prospect in the country. I’m not completely sure he committed to GU that early though. I do think David Pendergraft committed to the Zags after his 3rd grade intermural game.

I wonder if Ballo impending (fingers crossed) commitment affects Gregg. Both his interest and ours. The 2019 class has a lot of bigs.

At one point as a freshman or sophomore in HS he was the #4 or 5 ranked prospect in the country. I’m not completely sure he committed to GU that early though. I do think David Pendergraft committed to the Zags after his 3rd grade intermural game.

I wonder if Ballo impending (fingers crossed) commitment affects Gregg. Both his interest and ours. The 2019 class has a lot of bigs.
    Good question, but I don't think Ballo committing would affect Gregg. Ballo is closer to a one-and-done than he is a three year player, which he would be when Gregg would arrive at Gonzaga. At this point, Gregg would be a fantastic addition to Gonaga's foreseeable roster.