Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Julian Strawther - Verbal Commit 4/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Caldwellzag posted a link on the UCLA - Grant Sherfield thread from Jake Weingarten twitter, and just below where Jake states that GU has reached out to Sherfield, there is this post from earlier today regarding Strawther:

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Gonzaga will be in today for 2020 five-star Julian Strawther, a source told Stockrisers and Prep Hoops.

He will OV to Gonzaga in three weeks.
    Thanks for sharing. Not sure where my mind was there I read that one first and saw the Sherfield one and lost focus!

That's why we have such alert people on this forum, Spike.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

As reported earlier, Meyer at 247 just changed his prediction to GU. That’s huge. Looking the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes are going to be stacked!

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    As reported earlier, Meyer at 247 just changed his prediction to GU. That’s huge. Looking the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes are going to be stacked!
    From everything I hear Strawther will come down to GU and UW. With Jerry's prediction I really like our chances, as Jerry knows his stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    From everything I hear Strawther will come down to GU and UW. With Jerry's prediction I really like our chances, as Jerry knows his stuff!
    This is going to be a tough one...UW has had such great success putting their players into the first round of the draft these past few years...I hope he realizes his draft status won't decrease coming to GU and he could well be on another FF team in 2020...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    This is going to be a tough one...UW has had such great success putting their players into the first round of the draft these past few years...I hope he realizes his draft status won't decrease coming to GU and he could well be on another FF team in 2020...IMO
    I'm wondering if the 1st round success changes. New Coach, completely different style.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I'm wondering if the 1st round success changes. New Coach, completely different style.
    Let's hope you are right!

Let's hope you are right!
    I think UW is on the rise, but not sure their first round success will be the same as it has been in the past. Plus Strawther is no a one and done type, his education is important to him and parents are super supportive of him going to school first then looking at the NBA after.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    How about our success at getting 1st round draft picks. We should have 2 this year.

How about our success at getting 1st round draft picks. We should have 2 this year.
    We have had success getting bigs into the NBA, while UW has had success with guards...and Strawther is a guard BUT as you stated they have a new coach, new system (Zone D) and we will have to wait and see...I have only heard of one of UW’s players being mentioned in projected draft boards and that was Thybul(?)...if memory serves the last guard we had drafted was Stepp by the Timberwolves...

As you stated, I feel much more confident in Strawther choosing GU over UW...

We have had success getting bigs into the NBA, while UW has had success with guards...and Strawther is a guard BUT as you stated they have a new coach, new system (Zone D) and we will have to wait and see...I have only heard of one of UW’s players being mentioned in projected draft boards and that was Thybul(?)...if memory serves the last guard we had drafted was Stepp by the Timberwolves...

As you stated, I feel much more confident in Strawther choosing GU over UW...
    Yes our success has been getting bigs drafted, but NWG was drafted just two years ago and Snacks is on draft boards already. Plus Strawther fits our system better than UW's and we are a successful program. Not saying he picks up, just saying we are in a great spot for him.

Few is a traveling man. Went to see Suggs, then flew to see Strawther, in 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Few is a traveling man. Went to see Suggs, then flew to see Strawther, in 24 hours.
    Yes he is and there is reason he is the one going to see both these guys!

Yes he is and there is reason he is the one going to see both these guys!
    Closer

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Closer
    There is a reason Gonzaga picked up a CB on 247 for Strawther. We are in a great position for him, do not be shocked if after his visit on the 9th there is an announcement.

Closer
    Mariano Rivera. Hopefully.

Announcing top 10 tomorrow per Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Announcing top 10 tomorrow per Twitter.
    LeBron'esque Get over yourself young man
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Did you post the same thing when Collins and Timme did that?

Did you post the same thing when Collins and Timme did that?
    It does seem a little weird to post a top ten after you've started taking official visits. But maybe it's us, UW, and then everyone else and he's trying to narrow down the others? IDK.

Please try to keep it positive with the recruits. He is a serious priority recruit for us and we are going to be in the Top 10, honestly Top 3 or 4.

It’s what kids do nowadays. Get over yourself. If he’s anything like LeBron we’ll happily take it!

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    It does seem a little weird to post a top ten after you've started taking official visits. But maybe it's us, UW, and then everyone else and he's trying to narrow down the others? IDK.
    It is UW, GU, and Marquette right now in the running followed by Florida and Florida St. He is releasing top 10, but the top 5 have a big jump on the bottom 5 of the top 10.

On another Julian note, he will be a part of Basketball Without Boarders. Also, Ballo and Pavel will be taking part in that as well.

Unless he eliminates some schools he’s visited