Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Julian Strawther - Verbal Commit 4/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I’ve seen amazing shooters like Klay and Steph do the same. That’s life. Law of averages...
    You’ve seen them shooting 14% over a 5 game stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You’ve seen them shooting 14% over a 5 game stretch?
    Steph Curry literally just shot 27.9% (19/68) in the series vs Houston.

And he’s the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Steph Curry literally just shot 27.9% (19/68) in the series vs Houston.

And he’s the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.
    Did you intentionally not put 28%? And 28% is literally double 14%.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Did you intentionally not put 28%? And 28% is literally double 14%.
    Perkins ended the 17-18 season as a 4th year D1 player and college junior going 4-24 (16.6%).

2 Years ago Steph Curry had a stretch where he was 4-31 (12%).

Spy - do you have any idea how common it is for a high school junior, even an elite 3pt shooting high school junior, to have streaks like 3-22? It seems to happen during careers at all levels.

I personally do not know. I suspect it's not unusual at all. Hence I'm not going to pretend to be able to inuit anything meaningful from that tiny sample size. Et tu?

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Perkins ended the 17-18 season as a 4th year D1 player and college junior going 4-24 (16.6%).

2 Years ago Steph Curry had a stretch where he was 4-31 (12%).

Spy - do you have any idea how common it is for a high school junior, even an elite 3pt shooting high school junior, to have streaks like 3-22? It seems to happen during careers at all levels.

I personally do not know. I suspect it's not unusual at all. Hence I'm not going to pretend to be able to inuit anything meaningful from that tiny sample size. Et tu?
    And remember LAST year, where the Rockets, a team that lived, and died, by the 3, went 0-27 in one stretch?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    And remember LAST year, where the Rockets, a team that lived, and died, by the 3, went 0-27 in one stretch?
    You and L town both make a very fair point. For the record it’s just stood out to me that he was 3/22 and I hope it was just an anomaly.

Better showing this morning....23-10-3 and (3-8)3 pt fg
    https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/...ferrer=4922678

In this morning's Indianapolis EYBL game, Julian scored 23 points in a 106-98 win over Renaissance, with 10 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal and a block.

Box Score

Julian with a quiet 19-minute outing in this afternoon's 89-98 loss to Woods Elite, with Julian scoring just 6 points, 2 rebounds, and a block.

Box Score

Next game tomorrow at 8:00 AM EDT.

I wonder if he has minor injury? Only 19 minutes and 7 of his 8 shot attempts were 3-pointers, only 2 rebounds, and 3 fouls. Stats indicate at least some energy/aggressiveness was lacking imo

So he is finished with this current tournament. Next game is May 24. And in 8 games so far he’s shooting 42% from the field, 58%ft and 22% from 3.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32410979

Box Score for today/s 91-93 loss to Mean Streets. Julian had 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and a block.

Stats for the Dallas session, starting May 24, will be here: https://www.d1circuit.com/schedule/d...ferrer=4907868

Shooters have slumps, and need the confidence and encouragement of those around them to break out of slumps. Sometimes it's a correctable flaw in the mechanics that need to be corrected; other times it's just feel/rhythm type stuff. Nigel Williams-Goss shot 3's at 26% for his entire soph season at UW.

If a guy hasn't proven he can shoot over time, a coach won't give him the green light to shoot as many as JS is. I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Shooters have slumps, and need the confidence and encouragement of those around them to break out of slumps. Sometimes it's a correctable flaw in the mechanics that need to be corrected; other times it's just feel/rhythm type stuff. Nigel Williams-Goss shot 3's at 26% for his entire soph season at UW.

If a guy hasn't proven he can shoot over time, a coach won't give him the green light to shoot as many as JS is. I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about.
    it's still a pretty small sample size...one tournament...could be any number of factors, including just a simple shooting slump or adjusting to the higher level of competition, etc.

Hmm.... Pretty modest offering from our guy in Dallas EYBL today: https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/...ferrer=4907868

Next game tomorrow morniing at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Hmm.... Pretty modest offering from our guy in Dallas EYBL today: https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/...ferrer=4907868

Jamal Mashhurns son? I saw dad play v my son in hs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post

What’s the opposite of blowing up?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Jamal Mashhurns son? I saw dad play v my son in hs.
    Father was a monster...the first Williamson IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Father was a monster...the first Williamson IMO...
    Should be in HOF. Dad was 6-8, kid is a 6 foot SG. Dad very wealthy man, great investments. Played for Cardinal Hayes and the team went nowhere in the tough NYC Catholic league.

Throwing up?

Much better game today, with 21 points and 8 rebounds in a 107-86 win over Bluff City Legends (TN). Box Score

Next game is vs. UPLAY Canada (CAN) at 5:30 PM. Stats will be here: https://www.d1circuit.com/schedule/d...bseason=599727

Grain of salt. It's AAU; he could be the team-oriented, unselfish guy playing w/ a bunch of ball hogs. Not saying that's the case, but can't know w/o seeing the games. Or just one off game for whatever reason.

Grain of salt. It's AAU; he could be the team-oriented, unselfish guy playing w/ a bunch of ball hogs. Not saying that's the case, but can't know w/o seeing the games. Or just one off game for whatever reason.
    Good point. Familiar with that ecosystem. No Mike Bantom, though?

Looks like another solid performance by Julian in a 87-67 win over UPlay Canada. Box Score

Julian with 26 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals.

Next game tomorrow at 10:30 AM vs. Drive Nation (TX). https://www.d1circuit.com/schedule/d...ferrer=4907868

Good point. AAU is a tough barometer if simply reading the stat sheet. Also, Julian’s team literally has 6 or 7 top 100 type players so he won’t be dominating every game. Bottom line: I would never over analyze any one game, especially in the AAU format. As pedestrian as that first game looked, he dominated the next two.