Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Julian Strawther - Verbal Commit 4/18/19; LOI Signed 11/13/19

Used my last work break for this. Better announce within 7 mins hahaha
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Hell yeah!!!!

HES A ZAG!!!

All Hail CALDWELL!!!

Heck yes, and welcome!

Wow this is a HUGE pick up. A sign that our state side recruiting is starting to catch up to our international recruiting.

Nice !!! Let the dominoes continue to fall!

Let’s go boys!!!! Reeling them in
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Julian is a stud. He really has a legit shot at being a Burger Boy. On top of that we now are really focused in on adding the final piece of the 2020 puzzle, Jalen Suggs. This goes a long way in that process. I was told and was sworn to keep it quiet, that Julian pretty much made up his mind on the visit. After the visit coaches stayed in contact and sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Julian is a stud. He really has a legit shot at being a Burger Boy. On top of that we now are really focused in on adding the final piece of the 2020 puzzle, Jalen Suggs. This goes a long way in that process. I was told and was sworn to keep it quiet, that Julian pretty much made up his mind on the visit. After the visit coaches stayed in contact and sealed the deal.
    Very awesome to hear!!! Thanks for not letting the cat out of the bag and staying true to your word. Also glad the staff could do such a remarkable job! Good stuff all round
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Very awesome to hear!!! Thanks for not letting the cat out of the bag and staying true to your word. Also glad the staff could do such a remarkable job! Good stuff all round
    Oh I told you all I was confident in this one for awhile, but I could not tell you why. BTW I was told (and am allowed to say this) that Jalen enjoyed his visit maybe even more than Julian. Jalen just has a few more things he has to work out aka does he try to play football or not.

Caldwell nails another one!

Woohoo!!!! I’m not sure what to do with my hands!!!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Oh I told you all I was confident in this one for awhile, but I could not tell you why. BTW I was told (and am allowed to say this) that Jalen enjoyed his visit maybe even more than Julian. Jalen just has a few more things he has to work out aka does he try to play football or not.
    Crossing my fingers for Jalen!!!

Love it. Make it happen Julian - get him to join you.

✞ Julian Strawther ✞

@JulianStrawther
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    ZAG NATION WE STILL GOT BUSINESS TO HANDLE #SuggsToGonzaga LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN !! ❤️�� @JalenSuggs2020

Suggs responded with, "hmmmmm....lemme think about it ��, but congratulations brother."

His tweet responses are pretty mixed imho. Have a feeling he chooses a football school....or awaits Duke offer. He talked Duke non stop early last Summer in numerous interviews.

Either way, we are stoked for Strawther. Big time scorer and needed athleticism/length/defense on the wing and/or big shooting guard type prospect .

If Anton plays SF, we could easily go 6'7" SG, 6'9" SF, 6'10" PF, 6'11" C the next 2 yrs.

Only our PG of the future is only 6'1", otherwise, tallest team in the Nation!

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...81744580005895

Dom and Julian both told Jake they are on Suggs.

Yes for sure! Understood.

Hopefully he wants to play basketball! We can get him to NBA ������
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Umm, isn't that a rather big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Suggs responded with, "hmmmmm....lemme think about it ��, but congratulations brother."

His tweet responses are pretty mixed imho. Have a feeling he chooses a football school....or awaits Duke offer. He talked Duke non stop early last Summer in numerous interviews.

Either way, we are stoked for Strawther. Big time scorer and needed athleticism/length/defense on the wing and/or big shooting guard type prospect .

If Anton plays SF, we could easily go 6'7" SG, 6'9" SF, 6'10" PF, 6'11" C the next 2 yrs.

Only our PG of the future is only 6'1", otherwise, tallest team in the Nation!
    i have a feeling that duke will get involved if they miss out on rj hampton...otherwise it really could come down to a decision between football and gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Umm, isn't that a rather big deal?
    Don't NBA players drafted in the first round make more than NFL players, and isn't the projected length of career longer for a 1st round NBA draftee?

Add in not as much chance of significant, life altering injuries, more visual recognition from no helmet, and I think, given the choice, the NBA makes MORE sense. But I am not an 18 year old.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!