• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    he had a poor showing in the last round of aau tournament games...will be curious to see if the shooting slump persists or he'll round back into form soon.
    And now Dominick Harris is really starting to show well after being up and down at times.....

It really shows you how tough prep talent evaluation is. Even Gonzaga's greatest players have gone thru "slumps," and yet with club basketball and recruiting rankings, it seems as though you get punished more harshly. There is little slack cut for a kid with an obviously great shooting stroke but whose ball just isn't going in. However, as long as Julian is in or around the top 50, I am not in panic mode.

Comment

• soccerdud
      Zag for Life
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      However, as long as Julian is in or around the top 50, I am not in panic mode.
      i think you can drop the qualifier. we know what we have in julian.

Comment

• ZagBlue
        Kennel Club Material
        • Apr 2019

And now Dominick Harris is really starting to show well after being up and down at times.....

It really shows you how tough prep talent evaluation is. Even Gonzaga's greatest players have gone thru "slumps," and yet with club basketball and recruiting rankings, it seems as though you get punished more harshly. There is little slack cut for a kid with an obviously great shooting stroke but whose ball just isn't going in. However, as long as Julian is in or around the top 50, I am not in panic mode.
        Well if it makes you feel any better, the new ESPN top 100 rankings were released yesterday and Julian is ranked #37!
        Suggs #12
        Kessler #16
        Strawther #37
        Harris #58
        Would make for a very nice and balanced 4 man recruiting class although I do believe we will ultimately sign more than 4.

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
          Well if it makes you feel any better, the new ESPN top 100 rankings were released yesterday and Julian is ranked #37!
          Suggs #12
          Kessler #16
          Strawther #37
          Harris #58
          Would make for a very nice and balanced 4 man recruiting class although I do believe we will ultimately sign more than 4.
          This would be a Top-5 ESPN recruiting class...maybe even top three...also Suggs dropped in the rankings from last month...IMO if Suggs and/or Kessler commits to GU then they will drop in the ranking

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Yup. One of McGuire’s faves. From Dewitt Clinton hs in da Bronx. And a Puerto Rican international player.
            McGuire was IMO the best commentator the game has ever had...loved his "Scrambled Eggs" substitutions

Ok, back to the Thread...

Comment

• Mantua
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

I’m not willing to jump to conclusions based on AAU performance unless it’s consistently terrible. There are far too many variables affecting these kids. If a kid is playing through injury, if the coach has unfair preferences, if families are stressed,etc...we just don’t know.
              Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Julian's Vegas Elite is playing now at Peach Jam, where they lost today against Indy Heat 94-84. More games coming up over the next couple of days.

In today's game Julian had 13 points, 5 rebounds and an assist.

Box Score

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Julian with 6 points in 13 minutes in today's 12:00 pm win over All Ohio Red 86-77.

Box Score

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Julian with 5 points in this afternoon's 85-82 win over Mac Irvin Fire.

Box Score

Comment

• ZagzKrak
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Apr 2016

Man...no rest for these young men..didn't he just get done in the U19 thing

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagzKrak View Post
                        Man...no rest for these young men..didn't he just get done in the U19 thing
                        Absolutely. I wonder if he flew directly from Greece to Georgia, with no stopover at home.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

W.G. Ramirez
                          @WillieGRamirez
                          ·
                          13h
                          And just like that, Gonzaga-commit and member of Team Puerto Rico
                          @JulianStrawther
                          (
                          @LibertyHSHoops
                          ) says good bye to AAU in a heartfelt post on Instagram

julianstrawther
                          Dear AAU,
                          you have been all i’ve ever known my whole life, from the days when my jersey and shorts were way to big for my body, or just the days when i was just running up and down the court and didn’t realize what was going on, AAU has always been what i’ve looked forward to every year. I used to look at the 17u kids and think they were pros and it’s crazy to think that now i’m here and it’s all over, but i’m ready for the next chapter in my life. Thank you to Henderson Heat, Cali United, Vegas Prospects, and Vegas Elite for giving me the opportunity to do what i love. But all good things must come to an end and with that being said
                          Thank You AAU, ✌����

Comment

• SLOZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

The guy is a class act.
                            SLOZag
                            "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Nice. I hope Strawther rests his legs a bit now. He has had a busy summer as have all the U19 Zags. Rest up boys and get ready to #ZagUp
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Samad Hines
                                @Samad_Hines
                                ·
                                28m
                                Watching film and Gonzaga bound 20’ F Julian Strawther has always been one of my favorite guys in the class. Spaces the floor with his shooting, makes cuts to the rim off ball, and his size at 6’7 plus is a bonus. Quality pick up for the Zags
                                @VegasEliteHoops

Comment

Working...
                                X