Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: God Help Us: Look Who Our ESPN2 Announcers Are For Tonight's Game

Default God Help Us: Look Who Our ESPN2 Announcers Are For Tonight's Game

Jason Benetti, and yes, Bill Walton

Winning tonight's game is now of GRAVE importance. Because if GU fails to, we have to deal with Walton again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Jason Benetti, and yes, Bill Walton

Winning tonight's game is now of GRAVE importance. Because if GU fails to, we have to deal with Walton again tomorrow.
    If we win tonight that means we are up against the League of Champions tomorrow unless the League loses a Champion before the Semi-Finals.

Oh-oh! Here comes Zagnative with her mandatory "I love Bill Walton" shout out!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    +1.
    But we don't play nobody.

Mute button! And longing for Heister's aw shucks-ness.

But you will get to hear about the family dog, and sleeping out under the stars with the cactus in the Sonoran Desert, and Grateful Dead concerts, and redwood trees, and a bunch of book recommendations for books you will never read. Good stuff.

Where's that thread that describes synchronizing the radio feed to the telecast. . .LOL. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Where's that thread that describes synchronizing the radio feed to the telecast. . .LOL. . .
    I give up....if you listen to Walton and hate him...its your own fault

Babbler in chief doesn't matter. We play hard and we win. We will play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    If we win tonight that means we are up against the League of Champions tomorrow unless the League loses a Champion before the Semi-Finals.
    Regardless, I would imagine that Bilas will announce both semifinal games tomorrow. That makes Walton someone else's problem. Hence, the critical importance of winning tonight's game.

+1
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    +1.
    +2

The Illinois board had some funny stuff about Walton. I think the consensus was that drugs help?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    You can count me as someone who can't stand listening to that buffoon babble his nonsense all game long. Doesn't matter who is playing he is TURRIBLE.

I'm listening to Walton as a blood sacrifice to the god of 3s that we don't go 2/14 in the first half.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    +2

The Illinois board had some funny stuff about Walton. I think the consensus was that drugs help?
    Plenty of pakalolo in Maui.

I'm going to try and find the Japanese feed. I'm sure it will be less annoying than Walton!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't hate him. . .I was making light of the angst that accompanies his broadcasts. . .would I want him narrating a Zags highlight reel ? Probably not. A ball game or two is no big deal.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

By the way, what's the over / under on how many times ol' Bill utters the phrase " Conference of Champions" during the Arizona game ? I caught the first one during his intro, then switched to the nightly news. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

I don't hate him. . .I was making light of the angst that accompanies his broadcasts. . .would I want him narrating a Zags highlight reel ? Probably not. A ball game or two is no big deal.
    comment wasn't aimed at you....just those that hate him.

By the way, what's the over / under on how many times ol' Bill utters the phrase " Conference of Champions" during the Arizona game ? I caught the first one during his intro, then switched to the nightly news. . .
    I would say "6", but by now he's probably into dubble-digits!

Here's hoping for no Walton references to Karl Marx or Leon Trotsky...just not in the mood for it tonight.
    Last edited by ProVeeZag; 11-19-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add Marx and Trotsky to the mix...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

While I respect Bilas and usually enjoy him, he still bleeds Duke blue blood. I think I'd take Billy in the finals over Jay

comment wasn't aimed at you....just those that hate him.

I think Walton is an acquired taste like fava beans, menudo, or cauliflower crust pizza.

They could trot out Joe Buck and I would resist the urge to hit the "mute" button.

Walton has grown on me over the years. I used to hate him as a broadcaster, but he’s a good change of pace from the rest and every now and then he’ll throw out a Greatful Dead reference. However, I think 2-3 games a year is about my Walton limit.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Walton just said (during AZ game) he heard Lorenzo Romar lost his house in the Malibu area fires. That sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Don't hate Walton. Just chose not to listen to the guy. The game will be muted for me most of the time. To each his own.